PDA

View Full Version : **Daily Wash Wednesday 9th January 2013**

shipbroker
01-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Good Morning World.

Did you really think I had enough Kewpie Dolls??

Eyes improving even if sleep isn't.... But night before when I felt really ill abd pained I managed nearly 10 hours! Odd isn't it

Plans today revolve around Market this morning and hospital in afternoon

geoff

Lulu
01-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Geoff it's too hot here for early starts, kewpies, you are even safe from 'the ears' at the moment...........but don't get too complacent :evil:

29C here at 6 pm, have just arrived home from town and still very thankful for an air-conditioned car.....
The first few we owned didn't have it, of course that's a good while ago now! lol

Thinking of Oz and the extreme heat (extreme heat) :eek: :heart:

Off to mow some lawn :wave:

shipbroker
01-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Hi Lulu

Yes the heat has been well featured on TV here...........awful.

geoff

laudesan
01-09-2013, 01:45 AM
I am not sure how hot it got today at it's peak. But, it is a delicious 30 degrees right now. I loved the heat all day. :thumbsup: I just checked weatherzone (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane)it was 36 earlier. :) I have not used my airconditioner at all this summer.

AS much as I like the heat, though, there are folks dying from it. :(

I took Monica out to get some groceries. She helped by pushing the trolley and loading the heavy cat food bag in the car. We had lunch, browsed in her favourite shop, where she bought a gift for her mum.

Afriqueen
01-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Good morning Geoff, Lulu, JJ and all still on the way

Looks like another sizzler here today - predicting around 33C, but with the high humidity, I'm sure that's going to feel a lot hotter. Yesterday was a roaster too.

Off to see my Dad this morning, then a few things to do in town, then home to do some sorting and tidying if the heat allows. We have an upside down house (most rooms upstairs with a granny flat, study and laundry downstairs) and as heat rises, the house gets pretty hot in the afternoons. So will have to see what the temps are like when I get home. More storms predicted for this afternoon, but hopefully not damaging ones. Many areas of town are still without electricity this morning 3 days after the storm. Paper says they are predicting some will only be restored on Friday!!! Glad that's not us.

Anyway, gotta run.
See you all later.
:wave:

Yorky
01-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Good morning all, still abed here. (7.15 am)

Glad to see your eyes are responding to treatment Geoff.

The fires in Australia and the high temperatures are very worrying.

I attended a meeting of the Heritage association last night and returned with an enormous box of files to sort through after our secretary finally succombed to cancer.

Doug

doppler
01-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Good evening.

Got pretty toasty here until mid afternoon, when the north easterly sea breeze cut in. Had to fill the bird baths twice. Water trucks have been scooting up and down the mountain all day.

Loki spent the afternoon lying on the shaded grass near one of the bird baths.:rolleyes:

Sorted the accounts into semi sensible piles. I'll finish it during the weekend. Will have to as have made an appointment with the accountant next week.

Better go. Roger is home and watering is needed.

Gloppus
01-09-2013, 03:17 AM
Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.

Hap pointed me to a local resource to find a sketching group. That resource suggested I contact a local art store. I called in time to sign up for a beginner's workshop in watercolor being offered this Friday. :clap:

Maybe I can get some beginner instructions and find some sketching buddies at the same time. :crossfingers: I'll let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck.

Take care, all.

laudesan
01-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Loki spent the afternoon lying on the shaded grass near one of the bird baths.:rolleyes: .Guinevere, spent the day in my wardrobe. That cat worried me. She is 18 years old next month, in good health, is a Manx with a double coat, and she sleeps in the wardrobe. She slides the far door open enough for her to get in, then she sleeps in the middle on the floor. No breeze, no fresh air.. "shaking head" :D

There is a horrendous bushfire at Bribie Island National Park (http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/selections/bribie-island-burns-3940160.html), which is around an hour and a half away from me. I knew I smelled smoke last night, but I thought I was imagining it. The wind was strong enough to blow the smoke tailings down here.
I hadn't heard the news all day, so only found out this evening whilst watching the Nine news. No one has said how it started yet.

Good luck Philip

Yorky
01-09-2013, 04:07 AM
OK I'm up!

Foggy here, but still 6C :thumbsup:

I found I can upload pictures from my iPad now I have upgraded (?) it to iOS6, however only one per day! Beacause the iPad doesn't attach name to picture files each uploaded picture that day has the same filename and thus overwrites any pictures previously uploaded from the iPad that day.

There's a Seattle Urban Sketchers (http://seattle.urbansketchers.org/2013/01/one-more-fro-2012.html) group Philip.

Doug

doppler
01-09-2013, 04:32 AM
JJ the smoke came over here too, on the back of the north easterly. Quick check of the QLD Fire and Rescue site. Yes, Bribie Island.

Doug, I'm a bit unwilling to upgrade given that Google maps has been replaced by Apple version. It has already sent people deep into the bush here, going from Melbourne to Mildura. They needed rescue in the mallee scrublands. OK, they could have read road signs which is all I've ever done on long drives. Or resort to ..... a map. Or commonsense. When the road turns to sand there is something wrong. Still the Apple maps have several towns in the wrong place. Why re invent the wheel? :rolleyes:

Still remember a friend waiting for delivery of some steel from Strathpine. Not that far from us. Guy took three hours longer than necessary. His GPS told him to turn right at the intersection of the Mt Glorious Rd and Mt Nebo road, so he did. Wound his way down the Northbook Parkway, joined the Brisbane Valey highway and went into Ipswich where he travelled down and came up the Mt Nebo Road. BIG loopy!

At the intersection where he turned right for this oddesey, there is a huge sign with arrows. Mt Glorious and wanderings right. Mt Nebo left.

Cooled down a lot now. Bo is still playing nature cat in the dark :angel: Rattle of tins coming up. Loki made a tactical error, like walking inside voluntarily.

Yorky
01-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Annie I waited until Google published their new Google Maps app which is a little different but has everything including Street View.

I ought to tell of the day I took the wrong turn off the top of a mountain and we ended up walking around the mountain (albeit a small one) back to the car. Ruth won't let me forget it :o :rolleyes: :lol:

Here's the mountain :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/1046-Johnnys_Wood.jpg

Doug

Allan Jameson
01-09-2013, 05:45 AM
Doug....thats not a mountain Thats a hill :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yorky
01-09-2013, 05:52 AM
LOL Allan, you're right but to the kids it was their first mountain :)

PS Johnny's Wood trail Borrowdale (http://www.daysoutinfo.co.uk/pdfs/Borrowdale%20Semse%20of%20Place.pdf). We went searching for insect eating Sundew (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Drosera#p00lx1rr) plants and were amazed to find how tiny they were.

Doug

shipbroker
01-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Doug....thats not a mountain Thats a hill :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you playing at being a Texan then Allan??

-------------------

Hospital advises Mother well enough for moving home today......

geoff

painterbear
01-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 5:30 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. Might get some sprinkles of rain this morning according to the weatherman. That will help melt the snow that is still on the ground. :D

Went for a routine followup visit to my radiation oncologist at the Base Hospital yesterday. He said everything looks fine and then said that there was no more need for me to see him on a routine basis. Shook my hand and congratulated me on "graduating" from their clinic. :angel: Actually he said it was a good thing because most cancers that reoccur do so within the first five years after the initial incident. I'm now in my sixth year and doing fine so I guess it is a good sign that I won't have to visit with him unless I detect a lump or some other problem arises. Then he is only a phone call away as he said. :D

I am very, very satisfied with the health care that Larry and I have both received at the Base Hospital here at Wright Patterson AFB. We've both had major health issues since his retirement and received excellent and timely care. I've felt that way the entire time he was in the AF and we were treated by the military doctors at the various bases we were stationed at. Of course, as I tell people, it only took him 30 years of active duty service to earn that care. :lol:

They are reporting about the fires in Tasmania and Australia on our news here in the States as well. Sorry you are all experiencing those, as Judy said yesterday, they are a yearly event in some of our States in the West here, especially California. :o

I've gotten my little thermometer out and checked the temps you all are suffering from....looks like they range from 82įF to 88įF. That is normal summer temps here in Dayton. I hope their predictions in the article Lulu linked to are wrong...those temps are really high and can be very dangerous, especially to elderly and young people who don't seem to be able to adapt as readily as those in the prime of life.

Geoff, Sorry you are having problems with your eye. Hope the doctor can give you something to alleviate the pain. :thumbsup: on the long sleep.

Lulu, Congratulations on the new additions to your family. :thumbsup:

Doug, How sad about the secretary to your Heritage Foundation. Hope the files you brought home are interesting since you are going to be sorting them. I can understand Ruth not letting you forget having to hike around a mountain...even if it was a "small" one. :lol:

Phillip, Glad you found an art group to work with. Have fun in Watercolor Beginners Workshop. I'm planning a Watercolor Beginners class to start in March at our local Center where I take my art classes.

Annie, I saw a story about the problem with Apple's Map App...Steve Jobs must be turning over in his grave with things like and Doug's problem with the photos that are happening. :rolleyes:

Gill, I worked for a builder when we lived in Virginia who had a split level house that was like yours. It was a very popular model. When you entered the door, there was a formal living room on that floor, then you either went upstairs where the main rooms of the house were or downstairs which could be finished off as a "granny" apartment or a recreation or media room. We sold a lot of those homes.

JJ, Hope that brush fire doesn't come any closer to your home.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Island Nipper
01-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Hello everyone, grey soft morning here. Feeling a bit more like it today so shall start my new painting or at least the sketch.

Geoff, glad your eyes are on the mend its so uncomfortable isn't it. I hope your Mum responds well.

To all in Australia I do hope the fires are brought under control soon.

Beryl is off to muscle release therapy, as she is my carer she gets this and massage sessions free of charge.

I use the my Ipad for WC as typing is so much easier with one hand particularly
The shift key as it reverts to lower case. The only problem is using the left hand I keep bringing up the Blick add which gets annoying.

My eldest Son and wife arrive tomorrow from Plymouth I hope I remain strong :crossfingers:

Hi and bye to all.:wave:

bluegenes
01-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Well, my notifications are working now with my new email! That's good news!
And Maggie got through her surgery with flying colours. She hated the cone at first and decided she couldn't walk with it on, but she's getting used to it now. We had to take it off when she went outside though...it kept getting caught in the snow!

Patty

CharM
01-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone... I'm in and out... just came downstairs to take some meds... the flu is back...

I wanted to say that the Australian fires have been on our news and I had to check to see that everyone was ok...

I'm going back to bed and will check in later on...

LynnM
01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
:wave: Good day all!! I'm earlier than usual today....been awake for a while.

Sorry to see the news from Australia, so terrifying to see that wall of flame. We get them up here, too, but not like that :eek: The whole continent is a tinderbox with the eucalypti :crossfingers: :crossfingers: that conditions improve.

Glad your eyes are improving, Geoff.

Good, Patty, now we'll see you more often :)

:lol: Doug....nice view, though.

Hi Gill, Lulu, JJ, Phillip (:thumbsup: ), Geoff H, Sylvia, Allan, and all to come.

Have a rewarding day :clap:

edit: That's the pits, Char, take care :heart:

Strawberry Wine
01-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning Washers! 0C. her this morning, which is very mild for mid January. Lake Simcoe has not become frozen as yet so our ice fishing operators are suffering again this season.

Char, this bug does tend to relapse... Just rest and don't do anything today. If you have further classes this week cancel them. MORE REST :heart:

Patty, Maggie is a cutie. When Pearl was spayed last Spring they used the surgical glue so she had no outside sutures. There was nothing for her to lick at so no need for the cone. That being said, she thought she was recovered on day two and needed to be kept in her crate for longer periods of time to force her to rest.

Geoff H, enjoy the visit with your son and DIL. :crossfingers: for strength.

Sylvia, Congratulations on becoming a member of the Survivor Club. :thumbsup:

Geoff, I missed what is wrong with your eyes but glad they are getting better. Also good news that your Mom is improving as well.

JJ, with those temperatures I can't imagine not needing the air con.

Doug, to me that IS a insurmountable mountain. :)

Philip, :thumbsup: on finding a beginner class near you. You will have fun.

Lulu, congratulations on the new arrival.... and how is the tiny one doing?

:wave: to Gill, Annie, Allan, Lynn, and to all those are their way in.

cheers,

Gail

NancyR
01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Good morning from soggy Texas. We have a massive rain cloud over us since yesterday that is moving very slow. Our main water source was down 9 feet yesterday morning, for every inch of rain the lake will go up one foot. Keep raining.:clap: Now if we could only make it rain in Australia to put out the fires. It is all over the news here in the States.

Glad that I got my flu shot in October. It is so bad around here, they are recommending we start wearing masks in public places. :eek: I hope Char recovers quickly.

Sylvia, that is wonderful news from your doctors. :thumbsup:

Doug, I agree that it is a mountain. I am a flatlander so any rise in the landscape is mountain to me.

I need to get to back to work. I arrived late after I struggled with the knee brace that I have to wear until it starts behaving again. I skipped the appointment with the doctor, because this is what he would do anyway. Also, my knee is already feeling better by wearing the brace.:rolleyes:

Got to run, hugs to all in need.

Scene Chaser
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Good Day All,
I am worried about the heat predicted for all my friends in Australia. (())

Geoff, glad your mother is well enough to go home. Hope your eye heals quickly.

Sylvia, glad you are free and clear. Five years is the milestone. A friend of mine is in his forth and doing fine so far. He had cancer on his tongue and had a third of it removed. The radiation did a lot of harm to his lower jaw and now he has to have his lower teeth removed. He faces it so bravely, though.

Hi Patty, glad Maggie is doing well after surgery.

Geoff H, Hope youíll be strong for your sonís visit tomorrow. Wish you could send us some photos of the Isle.

((((Char))))

Gail, yes, it is unusually mild. Hope we donít have another March like last year with temps in the 80ís. Fruit trees suffered terribly.

Nancy, donít you sometimes wish we could all share our weather?

With the snow melting Iíll discover whether the roof is damaged or not.
Bill

olliewood0702
01-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm sitting here waiting for Jen to pick me up and take me to my test. I'm nervous and will be glad when it's over.:rolleyes:

CONGRATS SYLVIA on reaching that milestone...that is fabulous news.:clap:

Thinking of all those down under struggling in the heat and with the wildfires. They do so much damage and with loss of human life and wildlife it's devastating.:(

I saw something on Facebook that Josh posted that he was sick; I'll have to call him or text him and see what he's got. So far we are okay although last night my throat was scratchy.:confused: The flu and colds are running rampant around here.

Doug, that pic of Ruth and the boys sitting on your "mountain/hill" is a great one! Love that scene they are viewing. Well you have something to laugh about hey?:lol:

Geoff, glad your eye is somewhat better; sorry about your sleep though; or lack thereof. Good that your Mother is heading home now.

Patty, I'm glad that Maggie's surgery is done with and that she's doing okay.

I've read the whole wash but don't have time to comment on everyone's post; just wishing you all a great day.

Waving to you all :wave: :heart:

FLNH
01-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Just returned from my esophagoscopy. Not supposed to do anything requiring judgement today...not sure where WC fits in.

We have also been reading about the fires in Australia. I hope all of you are safe.

It does seem to be the year of the upper respiratory infection/flu. We were in Ohio last week and spent too much time in airports/planes. Hotbed of all infections.

I'm thinking about a new painting I may do one from my photo from China...but it might be a little too "perfect."

My dog Skye is sleeping by my knee and I think I'll join her ( sleeping that is)

I hope all who are hurting find some relief.

WthrLady
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Nancy don't count on that shot. I had mine in september. Did me no good. We. Were told this years shot was only 50 percent effective. I'm still sick. 4 weeks thiis friday.

Sylvia congrats! Youve been blessed w good military medical. WPAFB was the worst place we've been that's has a clinic in our 20 years.

Thinkinibg of our antipoles. :'(

Char my plague buddy. ((((Hhugs))))

cloudchaser
01-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Hello All,
Well I have finally got over the worst of the "Lurgie", although I do still feel weakened by it. I did manage a small cycle ride today for about 1 hour as it was such a nice day, mild with bright blue sky.

Here are some photos I took recently of Welney wash flooding, next to the village where I do my gardening work. The land is allowed to flood between two rivers, this stops the risk of flooding in local villages and farms.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/163938-welney_wash!__1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/163938-welney_wash2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/163938-Welney_wash_3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/163938-Welney_wash4.jpg

The next few are from today's ride.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/163938-January_2013.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/163938-January_2013__!!.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/163938-January_2013_!!!.jpg

Thoughts and prayers for those in Australia and suffering from natures wrath:(

Hope all those unwell or just feeling down soon have relief from their problems.

Great news Sylvia on your 6 years free from the big C:thumbsup:

Geoff , hope your mother is now in the comfort of her own home, resting.

Hope everyone has/had a good Hump day, and maybe painted:crossfingers:

Take care all
regards
Tony.:wave:

CharM
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Hiya... So... getting showered, dressed and having a cup of coffee has made me feel somewhat human. There seems to be a couple versions of this bug... mine is attacking my adenoids and sinuses... Ted's is in his chest... On this morning's news, Health Canada claims that 30 x more people have come down with the *flu* than expected... That figure seems a little high to me, but a LOT of people are sick.

Ted took our van in for its checkup... $450 later, we'll be able to pick it up this afternoon... fixing the horn that quit working and freeing the emergency brake...

((Caryl)) Don't you just want to get on with things in some state of normalcy?!

Doug, I love that wonderful photo!

:clap: Congratulations, Syl! :clap: What a happy event!

Patty, I'm glad that ((Maggie)) is doing so well! Stupid cones... :lol:

Wow, Geoff! Your Mother is certainly made of good stuff! Will she have any help available to her when she's at home?

:crossfingers: for good results from your procedure, Karl...

Geoff H., depending on what Browser you're using, I think you can turn off the ads... I'm not sure that it applies to iPad, though...

:wave: everyone I've missed by name... It's time to get off this computer... Hawltain... :grouphug:

Europa
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just did a long thread and it disappeared on me......grrrrrrrr .........so here is a synopsis.

I never get lost when travelling.....:thumbsup:

Thinking of those in Australia.....:heart:

White light to those in need.....:crossfingers:

Sylvia - congratulations on your 'graduation'......:thumbsup:

Loving the photos.....:)

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

JudyL
01-09-2013, 11:59 AM
No kids today, DD has the day off so she took them in, then after school she (and MAYBE me) will take Lauren to the consignment shop where they are holding the beaurtiful purple satin dress she wants for the prom. She is a senior this year so it should be the last, the dress is really beautiful!

Jack is off to get the blood test before the chemo thursday. Last time he was disappointed that something was higher, but I searched and found that exercise and beef will raise it. So did not go for his run today, yet :rolleyes:

Sylvia, really great news, praying that Jack will get that soon.

mustache to get to the shower before he gets back.

LynnM
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I meant to say, that is a wonderful milestone, Sylvia, congratulations!

Interesting photos, Tony, that is a lot of water.

In the 8 years I worked in a student service office (lots of bugs flying around!) I had a flu shot only twice, although we were supposed to go every year. Those two years, I had a horrible upper respiratory thing instead....I'm with you, (((Caryl))), not sure of the efficacy of those shots. But, I had 'Hong Kong flu' really badly, 3 relapses, in 1969, so maybe I am immune for life.:crossfingers:

(((Char))) glad you are able to think to post, at least.

Hi Gail, Nancy, Darla, Karl, Bill, Pat, Judy...:wave:

WthrLady
01-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Char - YES! mine started in my chest then throat and sinus.

There are a couple versions. You can get the chesty version. The throat sinus version, or LUCKY me BOTH. It just won't leave!

I have about an hour of voice in the morning, and then POOF, it's just gone for the whole rest of the day. Sore throat is long gone, but tonsils are still annoyed at being sick.

Sitting here done with work for the day, kicking back with some new WC books. Keep an eye out, I'm thinning my library soon !

painterbear
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi Again,

Char, Ahhhhhh, so sorry the flu bug has bitten you again. Hope you feel better soon....don't worry about your students, sounds like they are also battling the beast.

I don't think what I had was the flu, it was more like an awful, awful cold. I'm still coughing if Larry makes me laugh, so I told him he couldn't say anything funny until I was over it. ;)

Thanks all for the congratulations. It is a nice feeling.:D

Sylvia, really great news, praying that Jack will get that soon.

Judy, It has taken me more than 6.5 years to get my handshake, and if I remember, Jack is just getting started down that road. I do hope he does as well as I did during the next six years though. I think a positive attitude is a big step on that path. :thumbsup:

I had the flu shot and have had a flu shot every year as long as I can remember and NOT had the flu. I do think even if you get the flu after getting a flu shot, the effects won't be as severe. I know I'll keep getting them each year and encourage my kids to get them and the grandkids as well. :D Oh...and I wash my hands carefully as soon as we get home whenever we've been out in public. I think it is an easy way to stay healthier. ;)

Tony, Those flood photos are neat, especially the one of the car driving across the flooded road. Interesting technique to allow some of the land to flood to prevent uncontrolled flooding elsewhere.

Well, just got an email that none of my paintings were judged into the Works on Paper Show this year. :o Didn't really think they would be, but thought it was worth a shot. :angel:

:wave: to all who were here between my visits.

SYL,

Sylvia

Lulu
01-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Just about to have breakfast but wanted to say congratulations to Sylvia for that very important milestone:thumbsup: and (((Char))), get better soon!:heart: You too (((Caryl))).

Flu shots.....never have them, haven't had the 'flu either since 1992.

shipbroker
01-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Evening all.....

Difficulty reading at moment so have not read Wash since this morning....

Mother back in home, operation appears successful but she is somewhat deranged.......

Back tomorrow

geoff

bluegenes
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Char, sorry you are feeling yucky! I have this terrible guilty feeling that I gave everyone the flu because I got sick when I went to Tennessee and it stuck around for quite a while. That was back in October...I think I brought it back with me. :o
Maggie was very unhappy with the "cone of shame":

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/31898-004sm.jpg

DH brought her back for a check up today and we decided to trade the cone in for this:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2013/31898-005sm.jpg

Much nicer!
Gail, she has the inside disolving stitches too and surgical glue, but they still wanted her to wear a cone. Better safe than sorry, I guess!

Patty

WthrLady
01-09-2013, 03:51 PM
CUTE cone of SHame! Although the travel poof pillow is very hip!

obscurare
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi Everyone! My name is Star and I am new here and new to watercolor. =)

shipbroker
01-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Welcome Star.

anything else you would like us to know??

rgds

geoff

Scene Chaser
01-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Welcome Star. There are loads of lessons you can access here. Looking forward to seeing your first works. Don't be afraid to post them.
Bill

laudesan
01-09-2013, 06:05 PM
JJ, with those temperatures I can't imagine not needing the air con. I do have ceiling fans in the lounge room, sitting room, and the 3 bedrooms. They are all going. I guess, I am lucky, that where my house is situated, it is just high enough to get the sea breezes from Moreton Bay. I can't see the ocean, it is a good 15 minutes drive away, but I feel the breezes. It is far cooler here that down at the shopping centre. :) It is 32.3 deg C right now, at 8.50am It is humid today 83%

In some area's, they showed on the news last night, the roads are melting with temps over 45 deg Celcius.

Darla, it is the wildlife that worries me, with the bushfires. The devastation is appalling. Of course when it comes into the populated area's, there are no words for how folks feel, loosing everything, including their pets.

My dog Skye is sleeping by my knee and I think I'll join her ( sleeping that is)

.Photo. :p that is no mean feet, sleeping on your own knee.:lol: :heart:

Tony, your flood photos are beautiful. I am glad the water did no damage.

Judy, huge hugs for Jack :heart:

Geoff, glad your mothers operation was successful. Did they do the head as well as the leg?

Patty, why do you call it the "Cone of shame" I can't see any shame in wearing a medical collar? Poor doggy, it looks too big for her. It is necessary though. When my beautiful Zoe was spayed, they did not put a collar on her. The sweet thing, unbeknownst to me, sat hidden in the sitting room the day after she got home, and pulled all her sutures out. :( Luckily no damage done. :D She was one tough Lady.

Hello Star, welcome.. :wave:

:grouphug: for those with the "lurgie" :grouphug: I really hope you shake it soon.:heart: :heart:

WthrLady
01-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Because the other doggies make fun of her .....and because it keeps them from licking their shameful bits.

Gloppus
01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone.

Welcome, Star. I'm glad you are here. It's nice not to be the only newcomer here.

Doug, Thanks for the reminder about Urban Sketchers. I live across the sound from Seattle, but maybe I can do some urban sketching on my side of the sound.

Best wishes to everyone.

olliewood0702
01-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Well my endoscopy went well; the doctor was running more than an hour late so I just waited...and waited....and got more nervous. It went well though and it's over with. No ulcers; he dialated my esophogus and I have the hint of barretts syndrome but nothing really to worry about. He wants me to stay on prilosec. :thumbsup: My throat is sore and will be for a couple of days and I don't seem to have any saliva yet; it must be what they give you to dry you up.:rolleyes:

Interesting photos of the flooding.

WELCOME STAR; jump right in and tell us all about your interests and goings on.

Patty, I like the neck pillow; it is less embarassing to them.:D

JJ, that is HOT (45C):eek: Ceiling fans are great and if you get the sea breezes that must really help. I too feel sorry for all the wildlife that must be so frightened and confused with no where to go. And the loss of ones home would be traumatic.

It sounds like the dreaded flu has hit many countries and cities.:(

I didn't sleep that bad last night but seem more tired than usual at this time of evening; I'm thinking an early bedtime is in store for me.

Night Night all:wave: :grouphug:

bluegenes
01-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Because the other doggies make fun of her .....and because it keeps them from licking their shameful bits.
:thumbsup: