PDA

View Full Version : tear into it

Bevahlee
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
been picking at this off and on for a week. Haven't spent much time, but I started with the charcoal sketch ...now I know I have to glaze the water to bring the brown tones into it, work on the reflections of the pier, work on the shed (elongate it)...anyway, have at it. I'll repost after I get the things done that I've mentioned. Any glaring problem otherwise?

painterlight
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
One thought, I think some of the blue sky is lost in the lower left hand side of the third WIP.

You have a little spot in the 2nd rendition, but not the 3rd so it looks blocked up in that area. With just a touch you can bring the lower left back to life.

Cool work.

Bevahlee
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
thanks. I should have reposted this because the third is just the block in of values and the middle painting is the stage I'm at now. Haven't painted yet today...busy with smoking a turkey, cooking turnip greens, getting a pedicure...that kinda stuff. But I appreciate the input.

painterlight
01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Haha counter-clockwise or clock-wise? I was thinking it was counter-clockwise. Funny.

Bevahlee
01-08-2013, 04:02 PM
worked on the barn, need shadows under the eaves, need work on the water....arggggh. pick pick pick. But aint it fun.

Octopus Inc.
01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
I like this, reminds me of a few places I've lived... Good mood, good feeling.