PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Boat (WIP)

sjcarlin
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Here is my latest WIP. Still a long way to go but any C&C now is welcome. It is 12x16 acrylic on canvas board. BTW, this is my third painting.

Scott

Andrewcody
01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Scott, looking good so far
The sea really looks good and the boat solid, shadows appear correct
Look forward to your progress on this
Regards
Andrew

sjcarlin
01-06-2013, 02:59 AM
A little more progress on the net and boom. I rescaled the windows to better represent the reference photo.
Scott

sjcarlin
01-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Here is the latest. I am not really happy with the way the windows came out. Any suggestions?

Scott

Trumper
01-07-2013, 03:41 AM
:eek: Only your 3 rd painting i am really jealous of your talent.I thought at first it was the reference photo of the boat--not the painting itself.
Regarding the windows ,the only thing i can see is that the glass is "solid" ,you would still see shades and tones of the things inside the cabin behind the glass,just some dark faint shapes to suggest the glass is transparent.

Andrewcody
01-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Trumper is correct, and maybe a few bits and pieces to add a working boat character

Andrew

sjcarlin
01-08-2013, 12:22 AM
:eek: Only your 3 rd painting i am really jealous of your talent.I thought at first it was the reference photo of the boat--not the painting itself.
Regarding the windows ,the only thing i can see is that the glass is "solid" ,you would still see shades and tones of the things inside the cabin behind the glass,just some dark faint shapes to suggest the glass is transparent.

Thank you for your kind words. One problem I have is that the reference photo has a glare on the front windows. I can see no real detail behind the glass. I will do some research and try to find something close to give me ideas.

Scott

sjcarlin
01-08-2013, 02:56 AM
Okay, here is my attempt at making "clear" windows. I also worked on my photography this time.

Trumper
01-08-2013, 05:01 AM
:thumbsup: That's is alot better,well done.:) I can't wait to see what you come up with for your 4th painting :)

sjcarlin
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
I added a few more details (rigging, stains...) and worked on the photo setup again. I think this photo is closest to representing the actual painting. I believe all that remains is adding the name to the bow. Again any CC is appreciated.

PS. Can you smell the shrimp? :wink2:

Scott

sjcarlin
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I finished this painting a while back. Here you go. Sorry for the inconsistent photography. The color here is more accurate...

Andrewcody
02-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Looks good Scott

Andrew