PDA

View Full Version : Fading blossom Arguayo Tenerife

rossmarie
01-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Thought I'd have a go at some flowers (a rare event for me) instead of my usual landscapes. This is a quick job done in my 10x7 in sketchbook (bockingford). I'd 95% finished it at dinner time but decided afterwards to fiddle no more.

The blossom (fading but still lovely) was on trees in an orchard I stumbled across in Tenerife. Don't know what tree - possibly almond or walnut??

With apologies to expert flower painters but I thought I ought to try something outside my comfort zone. Enjoyed the challenge of negative painting. Any crits welcome.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jan-2013/1111482-new10962.JPG

Mike

crafor
01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
They're lovely. You have an exquisite touch!
Ella

Andrewcody
01-05-2013, 06:21 PM
I like this Mike, loose and yet identifiable
Very nice
Regards
Andrew

rossmarie
01-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Thank you Andrew & Ella - might force myself to try another flower job.

Mike

P.S. Where has our Debzy gone? Has she, like me, given up on trying to upload paintings on open critique? Was hoping she would finish and show her Sal & Ben picture........

crafor
01-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I've wondered about her, too. I hope she's at work, rather than ill. She had been sick for a while.
Debzy, where are you?
Ella

Andrewcody
01-07-2013, 01:11 AM
I don't know Mike, there are a few people who have disappeared.
Might be due to all the recent Wet Canvas problems.
This site sure is not the same

Trumper
01-07-2013, 03:45 AM
:) Thats a nice light cheerful painting.Has anyone PMed Debz?

rossmarie
01-07-2013, 05:52 AM
True - I would use open critique if I could but as I paint exclusively watercolour I now tend to post on watercolour gallery. It would be interesting to know if any attempt is being made to solve the uploading problem on open critique.

best wishes

Mike

Wahsuzy
01-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Rossmarie, i like this very much:) also good to know I'm not crazy. I have not been able to post either. Have emailed them and nothing..,.was curious about debz too. Anyone tried to email her?

Bevahlee
01-07-2013, 12:23 PM
very light and airy, as flowers should be treated. Well, unless you'
re doing heavy scented something or other. lol. But this is quite nice.

Black Spot
01-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I like the technique, but the composition is something you need to bear in mind next time.

Samzz
01-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I really like this painting, wonderfull job on the watercolour!

laf.art
01-08-2013, 09:59 AM
I really like this, it makes a change from the way that flowers are often painted. I think the blossom is almond

Debzy
01-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Thank you all you wonderful people for you concerns. I had a terrible time with Glandular Fever and it knocked every ounce of motivation out of me. I have almost gotten over the illness but it seems to have left me with a terrible fatigue and loss of inspiration. All I seem to do is need to sleep. It has taken it's toll but I have just replied to Trumper's email and am grateful for all your kindness. As I have said to Trumper, this illness happened around the time of the posting problems and coupled together I lost my enthusiasm. 2 days ago I picked up my paintbrushes for the first time in months and hope to post some updates soon. Thank you again , I love all you wonderful friends. Sorry for not posting sooner to update on this awful illness.
As for your painting Mike, I think it is delightful. I really enjoyed negative painting and hope to do more. I love the colours and the pure simplicity of your subject. I think it would make a lovely print design Mike! Your water colours always strike a chord with me, I wish for the freedom you seem to have. I wouldn't change anything because it was done as a quick study and it needs the spontaneity that you have displayed. A lovely keeper in my opinion and memory of a moment in time. Contrast and clarity are beautiful. Cheers Mike and everybody, thanks again for your kindness. xxx Debs. =))

Andrewcody
01-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Welcome back Debs

Debzy
01-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Thanks Andrew. xxx

rossmarie
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Nice to hear from you debs - so sorry you have felt so ill. Get fit soon!

Mike

P.S. having a few days off - back to the paints soon

Debzy
01-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks Mike! Looking forward too seeing your next work my friend! I am starting to feel better, its a slow process. It is the fatigue that is the worst. But gradually I will get back. Nice to be posting and viewing again. I will get back into painting soon too, have several to finish off, but am feeling like starting something new first. Cheers Mike and thanks again. =)) Debs.