PDA

View Full Version : The Black cat

kildaire
06-22-2001, 06:54 AM
i have posted this black cat as suggested from the main forum page.
i tried using Acrylic for this , at first i found it hard going but once I realised the tecnique of working from dark to light back to front from watercolours in other words i felt a lot happier.
I plan to do loads more and black cats are my favourite subjects at the moment.:)

carly
06-24-2001, 11:56 PM
It looks like you are getting a good handle on using the acrylics. Most artists new to acrylics have to get used to their faster drying quality...but that is one thing I like about them. I have a black cat with a white streak up the tummy much like this one. My one suggestion with the painting is at the top where the quilt and the cat's ears both have triangular shapes. He looks as if he has a third ear in the center because of the quilt shape behind him.
carly

kildaire
06-25-2001, 06:58 PM
Thankyou carly good point, does'nt it make such a difference when another artist can point out what you can't see yourself, i m so thankful for wet canvas.

You're right carly I never noticed this before, now that i know I will keep this in mind when doing another one simular to this.
Sometimes if Im not happy with a picture i have to walk out of the room , take a break and then come back and see if I like the picture then? sometimes this does help, other times i may have to start all over again.

I will certainly post my other pictures when I get them done.

Thanks carly;)