PDA

View Full Version : Michaelangelo Cafe - January, 2013

azulparsnip
01-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Happy New Year to all the artist buddies and lurkers out there.

I hope you will adventure with us . Riding the wave of the past on into the future.

We are not as confined as some may think. The techniques and dabblings of the past enrich our lives in amazing ways.

One new thing upcoming is a monthly artist trading card exchange.

We will be studying George Luks. At this point I know nix about him .

And I'll be posting photos for a paint-a-long.

Join us , please.

trafford
01-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Hi, Robin. Glad you're back with paint along in tow.
I'll be putting George Luks up in a little while when I can use my son's computer. Mine takes forever to move.
Think it will be a great year and I'm looking forward to all the fantastic art that will be posted here.:heart:

artbyjune
01-01-2013, 08:47 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2013/106623-newyear.gif

Hi Robin and Janet. Happy New Year!

I am off to post the ATC project for January. It will be an exchange of art project...our first exchange in this forum perhaps?

Looking foward to studying luks too. I think he does intriguing portraits of children....:D

tyree
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
a very happy new year to you all.....im ready for the new projects to come....!!!!! tyree:wave: :clap: :wink2: :heart:

jacquip
01-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Happy new year all, I'm ready and rearing to go lol. Here's to a great year for us all.

azulparsnip
01-04-2013, 07:05 AM
thanks for the welcome back....it feels so good!

ditto what Jacqui said - Here's to a great year for us all.

tyree
01-05-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jan-2013/65063-hare_n_rabbit.jpg my last rackman for awhile, on to other projects....tyree:wave:

jacquip
01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Another great Rackman Tyree.

azulparsnip
01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
tyree - the body language of these creatures is charming!!. They really are united . The detail in the foreground characters is endearing. Very nice piece

azulparsnip
01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I had a fun day.

Got up at 5:00 and managed to sketch, play clarinet, do yoga before leaving for work. Don't get the wrong idea.......this is quite unusual behavior. I wonder if I'm feeling the extra energy because I'm getting back on wet canvas...I think maybe yes.

My BEST BUddie slept in until 10:30 so I just sat and drew sketches for scavenger hunt. SUPERFUN

Then went to the Goodwill (it's senior day) and it was mobbed as usual. But I found 2 almost brandnew 1/2 slips. my total was $2.00

I am starting to get excited about spring too.

tyree
01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
thanks for the lovely comments.....im now finishing up on the 'girl with the pink ribbon'.....i actually did it in colour:eek: tyree

artbyjune
01-10-2013, 02:13 AM
I love your Rackham study Tyree. I got a book on A. Rackham as a Xmas present to myself. Very enjoyable.:thumbsup:

azulparsnip
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Yes, I like Rackham too. That is a swell Christmas present June.

trafford
01-15-2013, 05:44 AM
You are the Rackham gal Tyree. Another good one.

Just ordered a book on Rackham from Dover and one on several illustrators we have studied. I think we will revisiting him from time to time.

New pill for gouty fingers, which I hope will put me back in the game. :cool:

jacquip
01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
The book sounds great Janet. I hope the new pills work well for you.

artbyjune
01-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Janet, I hope your fingers are feeling much better ASAP.:heart:

tyree
01-16-2013, 12:23 PM
janet....thanks for the compliments....i have never heard of gout in the fingers....i always thought it was in the knees and feet....hope your getting better...!! tyree:heart:

azulparsnip
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
just came back from the last of the holiday gatherings......a wedding...It was a joyous occasion...we had a blast! Now I hope to do MORE art before garden season comes. Keep warm, ya'll.

azulparsnip
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
well I just hung out last night and watched u tubes on aliens and sun spots....today my Bestest Buddy (100 yr old friend) had chest pains and went to the emergency room. Will have to wait to call tonight to see how he is doin'.

artbyjune
01-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi Robin, I hope your friend is OK.

We are in the grips of winter here with almost nonstop snow. Very difficult to get out and about for food etc. Luckily I have stocks of stuff...still eating my way thru Xmas cranberry sauce etc.

I am supposed to be switching over my ISP on 28th Jan, so I may be offline around this time. I haven't received any of the hardware so will it happen, I wonder.

I haven't managed to make time for art this week. Can't think what I've been doing? All I've done is a small lemur ATC for the WDE.

Here it is:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jan-2013/106623-motherlemurwc1a4kb.jpg

As you know, I love lemurs!

:thumbsup:

tyree
01-25-2013, 06:49 AM
june....that is so wonderful.....you are terrific with them.....tyree

trafford
01-28-2013, 07:41 AM
June...I love this guy. Lumers are great.

trafford
01-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Sorry Mr. Lumer for misspelling your name.

artbyjune
01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
My new internet connection is up and running. All the stuff arrived at the weekend.

azulparsnip
01-28-2013, 11:05 PM
springy lemur, June

my friend is outta the hospital and i'm outta a job 'cause I insisted they attend to his pain. They wanted me to hang around and maybe call 911 if he got too bad. He had had the pain since the evening the day before. They kept giving me all these excuses why they couldn't come take him to the emergency even though the doc said to. Finally after an hr and 1/2 they showed up and took him.

brianvds
01-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Well, here I am, back after a very long absence. Been too busy with all manner of other things to participate here or do much in the way of art. Work has a nasty way of interfering with life. But now I have regained a bit of stability, so perhaps I'll be able to participate here for a bit again. I have at least made a quick sketch or two again...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2013/142294-26.JPG

azulparsnip
01-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Ho Brian - glad you got a chance to stop by. I love your sketch. The elements - hand, blossom, and background have an even balance. Gentle feeling.......I'll be thinking about that image intermittently all day.....thanks!

Have a good day, art buddies.:) ,

brianvds
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi Ho Brian - glad you got a chance to stop by. I love your sketch. The elements - hand, blossom, and background have an even balance. Gentle feeling.......I'll be thinking about that image intermittently all day.....thanks!

I am rediscovering an old favourite art medium of mine: the humble ballpoint pen.

I have seen some amazing photorealist work done with it, but what I like about it personally is the "scratchy" effects one can get with it, very much reminiscent of etchings. In fact, lacking the equipment with which to make etchings, I now simply use ballpoint as a sort of "poor man's etching press." :-)

trafford
02-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi Brian,

Glad to hear from you again. Missed your art and beautful photos.

Nice sketch...and you are right, the ball point pen rules. :cool: