PDA

View Full Version : Bali Dancer ( WIP )

mewbie
12-31-2012, 03:21 AM
Hello everyone :wave:

I wonder if it's OK to create more thread in a day..
But I like to know what's the more experienced artist suggestion on my painting development, thereby I humbly request constructive critics on this,

It's on canvas 30x40 cm, still develop an underdrawing and hopefully can glaze it this weekend.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2012/1120252-IMG_20121230_213759.jpg

any suggestion and opinion are welcomed, I'm a self-taught, so there may be a lot of overlooked technique/view on me.. :confused: . online community is very helpful to me, as in my area is very-very rare....

sorry on how the picture is taken, maybe it's too dark and the composition ( the fan ) is cropped..:(

thank you and have a wonderful upcoming year!

cheers

Black Spot
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
I quite like it, but you need to sharpen that hand/fingers before glazing as that's so important to the picture as a whole - currently the fingers are a bit sausage like.

Octopus Inc.
01-18-2013, 01:24 PM
I love the subject you've chosen here. I agree with Blackspot. You ought to get your under-painting pretty tight before you get to glazing as the glazes are transparent they will only subtly change colors, values etc. and it will be difficult to do any real modeling with them.

mewbie
01-22-2013, 06:07 AM
@Black Spot
Thank you, I never really notice the sausage fingers until you note it .. :D I hope this time is more like fingers.

@Octopus Inc.
Thank you for your suggestion, actually I still learning on glazing and still confusing if I could put the colors ( modelling ) directly or not, hope I can get better.

This is the progress so far, now maybe the lips are the ones that like sausages :D , I haven't completed that part yet..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jan-2013/1120252-IMG_20130121_220323.jpg

sorry if the image is too big, haven't got time to resize and the camera is blurred.

Critics are all welcome, thank you:wave: