PDA

View Full Version : Local Beauty ( WIP )

mewbie
12-31-2012, 03:11 AM
hello everyone!:wave:

i'm new here, hope I'm not posting in the wrong thread,
been looking for constructive critiques on my painting, something that more experienced artist here see that may be overlooked by me..

please excuse any anatomical error and glazing process is still unfinished..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2012/1120252-IMG_20121230_213711.jpg

it's a 30 x 40 cm oil on canvas

please forgive also on how the picture is taken or if the image is too big.. :confused:

thank you and have a wonderful upcoming year.

Regards,

crafor
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Welcome. Do you not want anatomical errors pointed out? I'm learning this too, and hope others will chime in. So far this is a pleasant work in progress. From what I see, the perspective is off a little: 3 eye corners are in line, the fourth is not. That may be due to "rounding" of the head. The lipline should be on a parallel trajectory. The viewer left side of the mouth should be a bit lower, to follow the eye line. In my opinion.
Remember, I'm learning, too. Everything else is at a stage, but the ear has not been brought to it yet. It needs work.
Hope this helps.
Ella

Andrewcody
01-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Reference photo please
:)
Regards
Andrew

Bevahlee
01-04-2013, 02:42 PM
a few suggestions. The eyes are not rounded (irises) and a light comes from the whites into the iris (and the white is never white but greyed down) Nice skin tones, except the ear being too orange in a couple of spots. Nails need some dark shading. I like her attitude

painterlight
01-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I like the expression and positioning of the hand. Watch your values. The ear should be much darker if it is in shadow. Right now it has the highest intensity.

Do you have plans for the background?

Octopus Inc.
01-15-2013, 12:34 PM
I like the work by and large and wouldn't worry too much about being exact anatomically or otherwise. Often times it is these nuances which add a wonderfully charming character to a painting. However I would like to see your brush work tightened up a bit. In my opinion the background looks a bit slap dash and forgotten and I am of the mind that if it can be seen, it ought to be pleasing or at least interesting to look at. I like the impressionists for inspiration on this matter. Just a thought. Also the chroma for the ear seems a little high. I would think about glazing over with some of that blue/gray you've used elsewhere on the figure and use my finger or a towel to wipe away and reveal the high chroma red underneath strategically until something convincing showed up. Nice work and happy painting!

mewbie
01-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi All,

Thank you for all your comment, I still on progress to finish it but haven't got time yet to picture it again, hopefully by next week I can show the progress..

@crafor
Thank you, actually I'm a little confused about your explanation, but after putting it up on a mirror I can relate what you mean..:D I'll try to fix it..

@Andrewcody
Actually it's from Korean singer, you can google image it 'yoona snsd' and found the similar gesture.. :) , but I'm not trying to paint her, as 'local' defined here is for 'south east asian' , so I'm tweaking it a little bit. And the truth is, it confuses me about copyright issue later.. :confused: does anyone have experience similar to this?

@Bevahlee
Thank you for your generousity and time for correcting, yes I will fix those too.. :)

@painterlight
Thank you, but I don't take a credit from her gesture :p . I'll note in the fix list. Background I plan is bright at the right and darker at the bottom left, and have that mixed too in the skin colors, eyes, etc, hope by next week I can apply it.

@Octopus
I see, thank you for pointing the background, yes I agree it's still rough and detailed, still trying to get the 'chemistry' for the foreground and background.. happy painting too!:thumbsup:

mewbie
01-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Dear All,

Here's so for the progress,
haven't done the eye and the clothes,

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jan-2013/1120252-IMG_20130121_220144.jpg

sorry if it's too big, haven't got time to resize,
critics are all very welcome..

thanks

levanty
01-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Lovely so far!

mewbie
02-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Thank you for all your comments :)

I hope it's already a finished artwork.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2013/1120252-DSCN19221.jpg

comments and suggestions are always needed.
thank you :)

levanty
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Beautiful job! Makes me wonder what she's thinking, lol