PDA

View Full Version : Paint Along 4 Winter session Nov 24 to Dec 15

Johannes Instructor
11-14-2012, 11:54 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Nov-2012/135220-My-Daily-Walk.jpg

Follow Johannes' steps with other students in a relaxed non formal studio environment, in a 6 hour marathon during 4 Saturdays. He will start a painting from scratch and finish it in real time while you watch and if you want, paint along as well during a live video feed. Because of the lengthy duration of the class you will be able to complete your own art creation as well. During the class you will receive verbal techniques, color combinations professional secrets, and instructions to guide you along the way. If you miss a part of the class or cannot make it one day, don't worry everything will be recorded so you miss nothing. Two demos is oils. One demo in watercolor and another in pastels. 24 hours of live instruction and high quality recordings for only $19.99.

TIME: 1:00 to 7:00 PM EST.
DATES: November 24 to December 15, 2012
Fee: $19.99
Requirements: High speed internet (aprox. 1.5 MB download speed). An optional $3.99 USD may be required to remove commercial interruptions on UStream.

To register:
http://www.northlightshop.com/paint-along-with-johannes-vloothuis

Johannes Instructor
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Would somebody be kind enough to post the instructions and links to install AD Blocker on Firefox.

mickisew
11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Would somebody be kind enough to post the instructions and links to install AD Blocker on Firefox.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

http://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started

for people like me:

Go to Firefox - Tools - add-ons

click on extensions

click filter preferences

click add filter subscription

click easy list

that should work

lorigina
11-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Johannes, I have registered for the paint-along. Mickisew, thanks for the instructions.

nougat
11-15-2012, 12:36 AM
YAY!! i've registered :)

PLEASE guys remember that after you have paid for the course you have to SCROLL DOWN and register with gomeeting (which WILL NOT be used for the class - but just to register)

HazelP
11-15-2012, 01:17 AM
I am looking forward to yet another paint along. They are so very helpful.

Rosemarie
11-15-2012, 01:30 AM
I am trying to register but the NorthLight site isn't working well for me. I tried yesterday and today but I can't finish the purchase!:( :( :(

nougat
11-15-2012, 10:17 AM
mybe you could clear your cookies rosemarie

lorigina
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Nougat, thanks for reminding me to register for go to meeting. I hadn't done that. :eek:

Rosemarie
11-15-2012, 10:38 AM
mybe you could clear your cookies rosemarie

Thanks, Nougat! I'll try that. Never have had to do that before though.
Didn't help but deleting an AdBlocker from my Safari browser did the trick. The blocker was to good!

nougat
11-15-2012, 12:14 PM
lorigina glad i could help :)

rosemarie i'm glad you've got such an efficient add blocker :D

Rosemarie
11-15-2012, 01:28 PM
:D :D :D

If i only could get the email notifications to work again. I haven't got any the last 3 weeks! I have contacted Wetcanvas but not heard anything so far:crying:

mickisew
11-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Johannes: I am really excited to be back in class again. In the meantime, I have been reviewing the "Paint Stunning Landscapes from Photos" series. It is amazing how much one (me) forgets and hard to believe it was almost two years ago that we took the course.

Just for the record, you really nailed "My Daily Walk".

You have been missed.

Micki

Johannes Instructor
11-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Johannes: I am really excited to be back in class again. In the meantime, I have been reviewing the "Paint Stunning Landscapes from Photos" series. It is amazing how much one (me) forgets and hard to believe it was almost two years ago that we took the course.

Just for the record, you really nailed "My Daily Walk".

You have been missed.

Micki

Thank you for such kind words!

nougat
11-15-2012, 10:51 PM
:D :D :D

If i only could get the email notifications to work again. I haven't got any the last 3 weeks! I have contacted Wetcanvas but not heard anything so far:crying:
LOL! and mine are set to NO NOTIFICIATIONS and yet they STILL keep coming!!! (well they did for a long time, haven't checked the email for a while) even tho i asked and told them and my settings are all correct...

jeanetteg
11-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Good Morning all, Just signed up for class and am wonderilng if anyone knows a good ad blocker for windows 7. Also if there are any instructions as to how to use it I would appreciate it them. Thanks and happy Thanksgiving.

nougat
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
hello jeanette :) the adblocker is not for 'windows' but for a browser (chrome firefox ie) which one do you use?
mickie has given instructions on how to add an adblocker to firefox.

jeanetteg
11-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Dumb me I have internet explorer. I think i also have google chrome.

nougat
11-16-2012, 02:18 PM
i can tell you for chrome - i don't use internet explorer.
in chrome click on that little tab that brings up a new page. there you'll find your apps including "chrome web store" click that.
on the left in the box that says 'search the store' type ad blocker and click the enter key

a list will come up and the one at the top is the official ad blocker from chrome click add to chrome. you may be asked to sign in to chrome (with your google email account) and just follow the instructions. (ie abox that says add to chrome ) :)

Nahant
11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I am happy to learn of the new session, Jo. I always learn so much from your instruction and I'm looking forward to seeing you again next week!

Banner
11-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Just signed up looking forward to more paint alongs, I am getting so much out of the last classes. Particularly water colour and the pan pastels. see you soon Johannes Kind regards from NZ

Blue Ridge Painter
11-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Can't believe it I have been in the hospital and just found out about PA4. Looks like I got out just in time, this gives me a week to get ready. (motivates my recovery)

Tonalist
11-17-2012, 06:47 PM
(motivates my recovery)..
That's probably the best reason of all!.. I hope everything is well.

woody

nougat
11-18-2012, 12:10 AM
hope you're ok now blue ridge.

Banner
11-18-2012, 04:17 AM
Hope you 're recovering ok

Blue Ridge Painter
11-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone, being disabled is no fun and the painting world makes it so much better. Looking forward to seeing / talking to you on the 24th :grouphug:

lildip
11-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Is there any way to see what pictures we will be doing on the 4 sessions? Or even the first one? I bought the course, and followed the links thru the 'gotomeetings etc, but i didn't see any links to what we'll be doing. anyone know? lildip

mickisew
11-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Is there any way to see what pictures we will be doing on the 4 sessions? Or even the first one? I bought the course, and followed the links thru the 'gotomeetings etc, but i didn't see any links to what we'll be doing. anyone know? lildip

One day next week Johannes will send an email with the student access link and the password. This is where you will find the reference photo(s) and the drawing for week one.

Make sure you bookmark this page - save the email - for the entire session.

Make sure you have confirmed your registration as noted in the payment confirmation from North Light.

Micki

Rosemarie
11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
If you register through the gotomeeting link you would have been moved to that special page but there isn't any images there so far. The password is provided though. Do bookmark the page.

mickisew
11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
If you register through the gotomeeting link you would have been moved to that special page but there isn't any images there so far. The password is provided though. Do bookmark the page.

Rosemarie - we do not use gotomeeting for the live-paint along sessions - we use Ustream.

We will wait for instructions from Johannes via email for all registered students.

Micki

nougat
11-18-2012, 11:12 PM
i think what rosemarie means is that after you've paid for the course you have to SCROLL DOWN and register with gotomeeting. in this way johannes will have the email addresses. we won't use gotomeeting for the paintalong but just to register.

Rosemarie
11-19-2012, 01:26 AM
You are so right, nougat. That is what I meant.

marionh
11-19-2012, 04:54 AM
At last, I have 4 free Saturdays, so I have registered and looking forward to joining in.

Can anyone tell me what size canvas is recommended?

Rosemarie
11-19-2012, 06:50 AM
We don't know yet. Johannes will give the information when he puts up the image we are going to paint.

marionh
11-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the response Roemarie. It'll be interesting to see if I can stay awake long enough to finish the session :lol:

Sgourlayart
11-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the response Roemarie. It'll be interesting to see if I can stay awake long enough to finish the session :lol:Marion, if past experience determines it, Jo usually starts with an oil and it is usually a 3 by 4 format (9" by 1", 12" by 16", 30cm by 40cm, etc.). Since you can cut your watercolor or pastel paper, this should prepare you for lesson one. Check out his palette on his website, he usually sticks to the palettes listed. If you paint reasonably quickly, he will not lose you. You will need to have your computer monitor close by your easel to paint along. Stu

bottomend
11-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Just checked, and the images/dimensions for the first session are up.

mickisew
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Johannes - I think I see where you are going with the three reference photos - but I will wait for your drawing.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Micki

painteriam
11-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Where are the images posted? I am registered but haven't received any info about where to find the photos.

nougat
11-20-2012, 12:03 PM
did you scroll down when you paid and register with gotomeeting? once you've done that you'll get a page with the info including the photos and password. bookmark/favourite this page.
if you HAVEN'T registered, just go to your confirmation email, scroll down there and register etc.
if you HAVE but didn't bookmark the page - don't worry from your confirmation email just register again and you will get the page.

Artz54
11-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Looking forward to Saturday, although I may join class a little late due to a prior appointment. Heading out to pick up some art supplies. "See"
you all on Saturday. Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

Johannes Instructor
11-21-2012, 11:28 AM
All the reference photos and the drawing is up for this Saturday's class.

marionh
11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Please could you provide a link?

Rosemarie
11-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Please could you provide a link?

You have to register to get the link. We can't put it up here for everyone to see.

marionh
11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
I have registered, and there was a page with the password on it. How do I get back onto that page, which I cannot find again. It seems that it is made extremely difficult. Not available from improve my painting or the link from wetcanvas live email.

Johannes Instructor
11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I have registered, and there was a page with the password on it. How do I get back onto that page, which I cannot find again. It seems that it is made extremely difficult. Not available from improve my painting or the link from wetcanvas live email.
Send me an email with the receipt you got from Northlight. On that receipt there is a blue link. You need to complete your registration at that link. That will generate a student access page.

nougat
11-21-2012, 10:32 PM

i posted the instructions further up.
you have to go to your confirmation email and re-register. you will get the link page again and bookmark/favourite it.

marionh
11-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Thank you Pam for emailing me the instructions. Much appreciated.

Thanks also Nougat. It was the re-registering bit that I missed.

nougat
11-22-2012, 03:05 PM
you are welcome marionh :)
is this your first paintalong ?
if it is i would suggest that you register with ustream straight away. if you use an adblocker you may find that the ads don't bother you so you can register free.
on saturday, go to ustream and log in from their site. then in anohter window/tab go to improvemypaintings and follow the link. in this way you will enter with your own user name rather than a number.

AlaskaDan
11-24-2012, 12:26 AM
really irritates me that North Lite requires my address and phone number to register and pay for this class. Neither are required to process my credit card payment, they just want to add me to their cross-marketing partners..I get enough crap emails without this. :(

nougat
11-24-2012, 01:21 AM
what is happeniing with the posts??!!!!

nougat
11-24-2012, 01:23 AM
!!!!and AGAIN!!! there were 2 wrong posts that 'their' authors confirmed were wrong and ALL 4 POSTS (the wrong ones and the corrections) VANISHED!!!!

Johannes Instructor
11-24-2012, 09:38 AM
really irritates me that North Lite requires my address and phone number to register and pay for this class. Neither are required to process my credit card payment, they just want to add me to their cross-marketing partners..I get enough crap emails without this. :(
In sent this to head offise to see if they can waive this for next time.

chickadeedee
11-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I am so exciting about taking another class from Johannes! He is such a good instructor. I like to replay the downloads because even though I thought I was paying attention the first time around, there are always stuff that I missed. He gives us so much information to help us on our painting voyage!!! I just love the classes.

mickisew
11-24-2012, 10:52 AM
There are eight already logged in at our UStream site - including me. Are we anxious or what? :-) I had best squeeze out some paint. See you soon.

Micki

sapphirelynn
11-24-2012, 01:11 PM
still no password available, help

mlgk
11-24-2012, 04:26 PM
I am trying to register but the NorthLight site isn't working well for me. I tried yesterday and today but I can't finish the purchase!:( :( :(
I also can't make the purshase with Northlight. Have a Mac. Don't have an ad blocker. Any suggestions?

Nahant
11-24-2012, 05:57 PM
did you scroll down when you paid and register with gotomeeting? once you've done that you'll get a page with the info including the photos and password. bookmark/favourite this page.
if you HAVEN'T registered, just go to your confirmation email, scroll down there and register etc.
if you HAVE but didn't bookmark the page - don't worry from your confirmation email just register again and you will get the page.

Woe is me...I returned late from our Thanksgiving trip, but having registered a week ago, thought I was good to go. Not so, for in my haste to get packed, etc., I overlooked the link for gotomeeting and didn't read your helpful messages until today. So I re-registered and instantly received an email from WC with the link but never received a password. Just a window saying "Successfully connected!...Waiting for organizer." I never got past this message, so I guess the organizer had left the building.

Is a replay of today available and if so/when? I have attended many of Jo's courses, but this is my first paint along and I'm really off to a bad start :confused: . Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks!

Sgourlayart
11-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Woe is me...I returned late from our Thanksgiving trip, but having registered a week ago, thought I was good to go. Not so, for in my haste to get packed, etc., I overlooked the link for gotomeeting and didn't read your helpful messages until today. So I re-registered and instantly received an email from WC with the link but never received a password. Just a window saying "Successfully connected!...Waiting for organizer." I never got past this message, so I guess the organizer had left the building.

Is a replay of today available and if so/when? I have attended many of Jo's courses, but this is my first paint along and I'm really off to a bad start :confused: . Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks!Jo will post the videos from this session in 2 to 3 days, and he will get you an Email with the instructions since you did register. Stu

susanc
11-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I loved the paintalong today--it's the most complete painting I've done in one session so far! I'm seeing some speed improvement which is very exciting. Johannes mentioned to someone that it looked like they were afraid of painting the logs. That was exactly my problem--I stopped when I got to them.

Looking forward to seeing Joe's finished piece posted here so I can try to finish up this week. Such a great class--thanks!

So nice to be back with everyone again, too!

Johannes Instructor
11-24-2012, 09:56 PM

Thanks!
Send me an email. We are not using go to meeting.

Beckyjo8
11-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Johannes,

Today's class was great and I learned a lot. I am thankful that you are offering these classes because there are no options for taking a painting class in my area.
I am new, slow and learning so I do not have a completed painting right now.
But I am looking forward to replaying the class and finishing my painting soon.

You do an outstanding job of painting and teaching.
Your demo at the end about flipping the brush to make snow or water was quite helpful.

Signing in from your website worked easily.

Becky

mcbru
11-25-2012, 09:47 AM
What a great class!! Thanks Johannes. I believe I learned more in this six hours than at any workshop I've ever attended. It's the secrets, you share them.

mickisew
11-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi Johannes:

Great class yesterday. Toning masses in acrylic before the class prevented me from going too dark - a good thing. LOL However, not being able to crawl into your artistic mind, I made the front mountain down in a mid value. This worked. It is easier to go darker than lighter.

Your live sessions are really helping as I was able to keep up - more or less. Obviously, I need to do more work. Your comments about sunlight and shadows and the demo on snow are most helpful. I know, we covered these principles in the Landscape and Mountain courses, but hearing the nuggets and principles over and over again put them into memory.

Also helpful are the student reviews and the reviews here in the forum. I learn from your assisting others in their paintings. Please thank your students for all of us.

I, for one, do not care about the subject matter. Your reference photos and interpretation of same teaches us how to take photos and how to combine photos should we decide to use them in a painting. The painting sessions are the best of all worlds. I find I am listening - very carefully - to your instructions and watching the screen when I get stuck and need more assistance. You know what I mean.

I can't thank you enough for the opportunity of these live sessions.

Micki

nougat
11-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Thank you Jo - a great class :D can't wait for the download - the time zone means i never manage to get to the end :)

Rosemarie
11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
The Paint Along was great. I for once nearly manage to stay to the end which is way behind my bed time.
Did you add the sun rays??

I checked the former Paint Alongs and out of 12 there were 3 with large mountains even though they might not be the main subject.

Kadin08
11-25-2012, 02:09 PM
I loved the paintalong today--it's the most complete painting I've done in one session so far! I'm seeing some speed improvement which is very exciting. Johannes mentioned to someone that it looked like they were afraid of painting the logs. That was exactly my problem--I stopped when I got to them.

My problem exactly too. I have to wait for the video to paint the logs. They threw me for a loop, but my husband likes what I did with the mountains and tree line. Time will tell.... loved the class though. Plan to do more in the future.:thumbsup:

Blue Ridge Painter
11-25-2012, 07:35 PM
What a happy holiday season, to have Jo back doing our paint alongs. It seems like its been 6 months (I know it hasn't) since I had a good weekend of painting. Thanks to all of the participants and on-air feedback I really enjoyed it. See y'all next week from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. :grouphug:

Johannes Instructor
11-25-2012, 10:18 PM
The Paint Along was great. I for once nearly manage to stay to the end which is way behind my bed time.
Did you add the sun rays??

I checked the former Paint Alongs and out of 12 there were 3 with large mountains even though they might not be the main subject.

yes I did and it ruined that area of the painting but I did in anyway for the viewers so they could learn how to do sun rays. It just made the painting busy.
I will fix it when I get around to it.

Nahant
11-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Send me an email. We are not using go to meeting.

Thanks for your help, Jo. All is well now... I'm looking forward to the video and next weekend's Paint Along!

Rosemarie
11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
yes I did and it ruined that area of the painting but I did in anyway for the viewers so they could learn how to do sun rays. It just made the painting busy.
I will fix it when I get around to it.

Oh, too bad but you said you did it for teaching purposes. I loved the way the painting turned out (before the rays I haven't seen). The mountains were in 3d, awesome!

Banner
11-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Thank you Johannes once again you gave us something new, new techniques more golden nuggets. It's great being there in your class room with your students being able to ask questions and converse with fellow Artists when you are on the other side of the world. How lucky we all are.

Artcat369
11-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Jo, I echo everyone's comments - I LOVE these paint-a-longs! Saturday's class was packed with great nuggets and technique...I'm learning how to paint so much better and advance so quickly. Thank you so much!

Did you post the finished painting somewhere? Can we upload our tries for your comments? Thanks!:clap:

Johannes Instructor
11-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Jo, I echo everyone's comments - I LOVE these paint-a-longs! Saturday's class was packed with great nuggets and technique...I'm learning how to paint so much better and advance so quickly. Thank you so much!

Did you post the finished painting somewhere? Can we upload our tries for your comments? Thanks!:clap:
I will post it today. I have to rework that mountain I spoiled with the sun rays.

susanc
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I also liked the critiques you did on your students' paintings, Joe. Please thank them for sharing with us! It was very informative to see some problems similar to mine, and how you would fix them.

jeanetteg
11-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Great class Saturday No ads thanks to nougat. Just got booted out a couple times. Looking forward to next Saturday.

Sienna black
11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks for a great paint a long class full of great tips and teachings.
Sonia z. Palik

nougat
11-27-2012, 12:00 AM
you're welcome jeanette :)

Amigomom123
11-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Hello -

This was my first live paint-along, though I've recently purchased & very much enjoyed a number of taped classes. It was great - only problem was that I couldn't see the "chat" messages; couldn't connect at all. Watched right to the end, which was 3 a.m. in my time zone! Now am looking forward to seeing the video, because I missed some of the info about painting logs. Will it be out soon??? Do students post their finished paintings somewhere?

Hope I can see the "chat" messages during the next class! Is there a link which explains what to do about that?

Looking forward to next Saturday! Thanks for a very informative class!

nougat
11-27-2012, 09:02 AM
hello amigomom.
jo will email us when the video is available to download - usually within a few days.
you can upload your painting on a thread here - altho jo does not ususally comment on the ones from the paintalong it is nice to share and see the results :)
to join in the chat you have to register with ustream (free) follow their instructions.
on THE DAY (and i recommend a bit early) go to ustream.com and log in with your username. then open a separate window and go to improvemypaintings and follow jo's instructions to reach the video. close the first ustream window.
in this way you should be logged into the chat with your username. :) hope this helps. :)

Amigomom123
11-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi Nougat:

Thanks a lot for explaining how things work! It's very helpful & I should be able to see the chat next class which will make it even more interesting! Appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions.

nougat
11-27-2012, 10:52 AM
:)
you're welcome - hope to 'see' you next week :)

LadyMadonna
11-27-2012, 12:46 PM
This is my homework from the Saturday paintalong. I finally had to simplify as I found myself getting bogged down in details and overworking the painting. I hope I can do better when I rewatch the downloads. I did some negative painting to give a log illusions. I find them as difficult as rocks ! Oil on canvas.

GoldenRetriever
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Wow! I love it. :clap:
I missed the paint-along due to replacing a sump pump, now seeing your homework, I'm really looking forward to the recordings more than ever.

HazelP
11-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Beautifully done Donna and in your own unique style!

mickisew
11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I took it upon myself to start a new thread for next week. I hope Johannes does not mind. :)

The reference photo is on our access page. I like it! The size is a bit different - 12 x 18 - water color. Must decide - acrylic or oil.

I look forward to the drawing.

Micki

mickisew
11-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Donna - So love your expression - as always. I started a new thread for next week so we don't get bogged down in one thread. The reference photo is up for the next class - drawing to follow.

Micki

Johannes Instructor
11-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Here is the finished painting after some final work. I added some distant evergreens. I removed the sunrays. I lightend the furthest mountain and added a bit more light to the tree trunks.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2012/135220-Logs_in_String_Lake.jpg

LadyMadonna
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow. I can see I have made one huge log. Woe is me.

Kadin08
11-27-2012, 05:31 PM
LadyM: I really like your one huge log :thumbsup: I still need to paint my logs. :(

Jo - liked the extre evergreens, think I will add some to mine. I fear I may have made the background too small as the most of my painting seems to be in the water. Hopefully the addition of the logs will make it look better. :-)

Dougwas
11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I usually paint in pastels, but since Jo was using oils I decided to do the same. I have dabbled with wet mediums, so mixing paint was not totally foreign to me, but it still felt strange. My painting sessions usually last only two hours, so painting for six hours was quite different. The 16 x 12 painting was also the largest painting I have ever attempted. So after setting myself up for total failure, I loved every minute of it.:D

I noticed that the further I got into the painting session, the more I got into "the zone" and started mixing paint without really thinking about it. I really felt like I was in a classroom and love the idea of Jo having students in his studio. I had my laptop set up to a 36" HDTV that was right next to my easel and that gave me a great view of Jo's painting, and that too made it feel like I was right there. It is the best $20 I have ever spent.

So, with some trepidation, here is what I came up within the six hours. I haven't touched it since Saturday and probably will just leave it as it is. It is painted on 12 x 16 prepared hardboard and I used water miscible oils.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2012/102199-Sept_24_Paint_Along.jpg

Doug

Johannes Instructor
11-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Worked on it a bit more. I felt the visual path of the logs was too fast so I added more broken branches on the logs.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2012/135220-Logs_in_String_Lake.jpg

Johannes Instructor
11-28-2012, 09:57 AM
I submitted the recordings to Northlight on Nov 28 9 AM.
As soon as I get the download link I will send you all an email.

nougat
11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
thank you :)

lildip
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Donna - So love your expression - as always. I started a new thread for next week so we don't get bogged down in one thread. The reference photo is up for the next class - drawing to follow.

M
icki
where is your new thread locate? Is there a title? Or a thread number I can locate? (I'm not too savvy with the computer and usually find stuff accidentally) thankyou for your help Lildip

lildip
11-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Okay, I found the place of the new thread , but now I need to know where is "our access page" . Lildip Is it on Johannes site somewhere?

LadyMadonna
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
The student access page would have been sent to you via your private email when you registered. Hope this helps. You save it and use it for all the paintalongs unless there is a change of some sort. Keep your password PRIVATE.

Johannes Instructor
11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Okay, I found the place of the new thread , but now I need to know where is "our access page" . Lildip Is it on Johannes site somewhere?
If you registered for the paint along send me an email.
[email protected]

LadyMadonna
11-28-2012, 02:26 PM
It seems like artists are such an unsatisfied lot. I went in again to add a few more underwater logs ( not sure if that helped ) and I removed one of the top branches on the large log as I thought it was cloned. Now I shall clean my brushes and leave well enough alone. Time to log off. ( pun intended ).

mickisew
11-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi Johannes:

I happened to find a 12 x 18 panel board that I can prep for Saturday's class.

I have a bone of contention with you. Your reference photos are always excellent - catching the sun and all the elements you explained to us in the Landscape course. I am green - bright lime green LOL - with envy! I purchased the first set of reference photos. Will you be making another set available for purchase?

See you on Saturday!

Micki

hanksgam
11-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Wow! Joe, that is awesome.
Is there a lot of texture in the painting? If so, could you do a photo with a side light to pick it up. I would love to paint in oils if I could. Do you think the water soluble oils work as well?
You are great,:clap:
Randi

hanksgam
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Donna,
I love your painting! The color is so refreshing. You do good work, girl!
Randi

Johannes Instructor
11-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Reference drawing is up.

Johannes Instructor
11-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi Johannes:

I happened to find a 12 x 18 panel board that I can prep for Saturday's class.

I have a bone of contention with you. Your reference photos are always excellent - catching the sun and all the elements you explained to us in the Landscape course. I am green - bright lime green LOL - with envy! I purchased the first set of reference photos. Will you be making another set available for purchase?

See you on Saturday!

Micki
I have to hit the road for that.

mickisew
11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for posting the drawing so quickly. I so like the reference photo and the artistic changes you made in the drawing will make it a superb painting for sure.

Well, I am satisfied with the reference photos you are using in class. Just put me on the list for the next set. I hope these classes will continue and you will travel in good weather. Hint - hint :-)

"Warmest" regards from Florida, Micki

nougat
11-28-2012, 11:54 PM
[SIZE=3]
where is your new thread locate? Is there a title? Or a thread number I can locate? (I'm not too savvy with the computer and usually find stuff accidentally) thankyou for your help Lildip

here it is :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1298785

Kadin08
11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
here it is :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1298785
This post did not work.?

Monica1
11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I tried....Here is mine from the paint along. I didn't get a link with photo references and drawing, where can I get the link for the page?
8 x 10 hardboard with Chroma interactive and gel gloss
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2012/975849-pic_paintalong_.jpg

Rosemarie
11-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Lovely painting Monica!
When you registered with GotoMeeting you got a a page in the browser that is the student page with all the information for the Paint Along. You can on your Northlight receipt register again and again get that page. Book mark it. Also check for emails from Johannes. One was named Instructions for 24 nov.
Toaday I got one from Johannes named Reference photo and drawing.

The page you have the photos and drawing is the same page you have the password for the video session.

nougat
11-30-2012, 09:09 AM
This post did not work.?

wow that is weird!! it looks like mickie's thread has vanished!!!
wetcanvas is experiencing some problems....

Rosemarie
11-30-2012, 12:00 PM
wow that is weird!! it looks like mickie's thread has vanished!!!
wetcanvas is experiencing some problems....

Someone has merged the the threads here. Micki's is #86. If it is the moderator it is bad as the threads tends to be too long when they are not split on weekly basis!

Monica1
11-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi there, thanks. I got the email with links.
I'm having trouble with my spam folder.

Lovely painting Monica!
When you registered with GotoMeeting you got a a page in the browser that is the student page with all the information for the Paint Along. You can on your Northlight receipt register again and again get that page. Book mark it. Also check for emails from Johannes. One was named Instructions for 24 nov.
Toaday I got one from Johannes named Reference photo and drawing.

The page you have the photos and drawing is the same page you have the password for the video session.

Jacdesusbielle
11-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Very good Monica ! I love the warm colours you put in the trees and the bushes and the way you treated your mountains. Nice job !

Kadin08
11-30-2012, 02:01 PM
This is my attempt at the workshop painting. This is still a WIP. Once we get the video download, then I can review how to do those logs and then finish up the background rocks and shore. So much fun!:clap:

Done in Oils and sorry the photo is not that great. One of my weaknesses......
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2012/1144533-1st_WIP_pic2.jpg

painterted
11-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Great to be back with you Joe, these paint alongs are great for learning. This is my follow along in water color.

ted

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2012/909312-P1010002.JPG

Improv
11-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Are the videos out yet for last week's Nov. 24 session? Jo used to get the videos out in 3-4 days, North Light seems to take forever to get videos out!

Sorry, I found the downloads...:o

Johannes Instructor
11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Are the videos out yet for last week's Nov. 24 session? Jo used to get the videos out in 3-4 days, North Light seems to take forever to get videos out!

Sorry, I found the downloads...:o
Yes, go to the student page where the reference photos are.

Rosemarie
12-01-2012, 03:35 AM
[QUOTE=painterted]Great to be back with you Joe, these paint alongs are great for learning. This is my follow along in water color.

ted

Love watercolour, Ted! One thing hit me and that is that some Burnt Sienna in lower right corner would helpt the water to look more variegated. (Pst - then send the painting to me):thumbsup:

marionh
12-01-2012, 07:58 AM
I have just finished downloading the videos and watched the last two hours that I missed.
Johannes, you asked for some ideas and reference photo, I have two of lavender fields that I have always been interested in painting in oils.

Perhaps you might consider one of these,
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2012/42113-038_Copy.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2012/42113-lavender_July_06_33_Copy.JPG

I give Johannes Vloothuis permission to use these images in his lessons, and waive all copyright to these two images.

Artcat369
12-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Well, here's my effort. Done in acrylics, as I'm not set up yet in oils. the problem with acrylics (besides the fast-drying), is they darken as they dry. So, my lightest lights were difficult to portray.,

Monica and Painterted, gorgeous work! you both really saved your whites and lights, and had good value and depth changes. I needed to either darken my evergreens on the left, or lighten the mountain, as both are competing in the same value range.
Anyway, C and C welcomed!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2012/979124-logs_paint_a_long_1.jpg

susanc
12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Love watercolour, Ted! One thing hit me and that is that some Burnt Sienna in lower right corner would helpt the water to look more variegated. (Pst - then send the painting to me):thumbsup:

Wait--where have I been? I didn't know that we could call dibs on painterted paintings!!!! I'll take it as it is! ;)

Thanks to all who've shared their paintings. I enjoy looking at them and see a lot of progress has been made over the last couple of years...

sewnsew43
12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I have just finished downloading the videos and watched the last two hours that I missed.
Johannes, you asked for some ideas and reference photo, I have two of lavender fields that I have always been interested in painting in oils.

Perhaps you might consider one of these,
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2012/42113-038_Copy.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2012/42113-lavender_July_06_33_Copy.JPG

I give Johannes Vloothuis permission to use these images in his lessons, and waive all copyright to these two images.

These are very nice photo references. Pretty place.:smug:

Pinklady219
12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Here is my attempt at week one using watercolors on 14x10 140 lb paper.

dljaques
12-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Great to be back with you Joe, these paint alongs are great for learning. This is my follow along in water color.

ted

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Nov-2012/909312-P1010002.JPG

This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for including your painting in watercolor
Dixie

nougat
12-02-2012, 08:15 AM
marion the lavender fields are GORGEOUS.
PLEEEASE johannes i would love to do that...in watercolours :D

jmcedeno
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Beautiful Ted !!!

mariann1234
12-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Everytime I paint along with Joe I learn something new! I like the way he shows us how to self correct.

HazelP
12-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Here is my effort for this paint along. I enjoyed it very much - I love mountains!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Dec-2012/915542-image.jpg

Nahant
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=painterted]Great to be back with you Joe, these paint alongs are great for learning. This is my follow along in water color.

ted

I love it, Ted! :clap: What paper did you use?

painterted
12-04-2012, 11:47 AM

ted

I love it, Ted! :clap: What paper did you use?

Thanks Nahant, I used Arches 140 rough

ted

Banner
12-05-2012, 12:32 AM
This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for including your painting in watercolor
Dixie
Really gorgeous:thumbsup: Ted

mclarkinmontana
12-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi All - I haven't posted in a long time - Here's my latest from this Winter Session "Spring Lake" - I think I'm 99% done... always learning something from JO and members - all comments welcomehttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Dec-2012/400641-Spring_Lake_-_WIP_150dpi.jpg

paintncook
12-20-2012, 07:39 PM
I've been gone for months and was too busy when I returned to join the group lately.
I don't know where else to ask this and don't see any notice on Johannes' page about the Seascape Course. Does anybody have any information on it? I don't want to miss it and need to know what days to clear off my schedule for it. Thanks, Kathy

Rosemarie
12-21-2012, 12:54 AM
The seascape course is in january but the date isn't set. You have to check into the improvmypaintings.com to get the information.

Jacdesusbielle
12-21-2012, 01:48 AM
I've been gone for months and was too busy when I returned to join the group lately.
I don't know where else to ask this and don't see any notice on Johannes' page about the Seascape Course. Does anybody have any information on it? I don't want to miss it and need to know what days to clear off my schedule for it. Thanks, Kathy

Last paint along, Jo said the seascape course would be in January but did not precise which Saturdays. If you don't want to miss the lessons, save your time from 12 to 26 of Jan which are the dates noted on Jo's page. Check on Improvemypaintings.com to know when the registration is up.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas !

paintncook
12-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Last paint along, Jo said the seascape course would be in January but did not precise which Saturdays. If you don't want to miss the lessons, save your time from 12 to 26 of Jan which are the dates noted on Jo's page. Check on Improvemypaintings.com to know when the registration is up.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas !

Thank you and Rosemarie for the information. I'll keep looking for the announcement by Jo.

Blue Ridge Painter
12-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Merry Christmas To All ! ! ! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Tonalist
12-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you.. blue ridge! and the same to you..

woody

Johannes Instructor
12-24-2012, 12:38 PM
did this painting and wanted to share it with you because I was content with the outcome. Good thing I recorded it so you can see it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2012/135220-IMG_8253.jpg

HazelP
12-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Beautiful Johannes! When do we get to see the recording?

Seasons greeting to you and yours - it's 25th already here in New Zealand!!

cajunRice
12-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Thank you for sharing-Beautiful! My monitor shows green, is it off or is there green in this painting?

Ginger

Johannes Instructor
12-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Thank you for sharing-Beautiful! My monitor shows green, is it off or is there green in this painting?

Ginger

Evergreens are green.

painterted
12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Another nice painting Jo. Would it be possible to see the original picture, I would like to try it.

ted

Jacdesusbielle
12-25-2012, 04:58 AM
did this painting and wanted to share it with you because I was content with the outcome. Good thing I recorded it so you can see it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Dec-2012/135220-IMG_8253.jpg

Beautiful painting ! Thank you for sharing with us Jo !

Sgourlayart
12-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Thank you for posting the picture Jo, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family. Stu

nougat
12-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Merry Xmas :)

cajunRice
12-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks, but I was "fishing" for this answer. If "snow paintings look better without any green in them", what was your thinking regarding the green in this painting because it is Beautiful and works very well.

Johannes Instructor
12-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks, but I was "fishing" for this answer. If "snow paintings look better without any green in them", what was your thinking regarding the green in this painting because it is Beautiful and works very well.
I meant the lime green like in green grass. The greens in this painting are not neon looking and are limited.

debwk
12-26-2012, 10:12 PM
The painting is beautiful Jo. I have a question, maybe you have answered it before---how do you frame your large pastels? Have read thru the discussions in other places on wet canvas (learned some new methods too, such as directly under glass, no spacers). Just curious. Thanks

Johannes Instructor
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
The painting is beautiful Jo. I have a question, maybe you have answered it before---how do you frame your large pastels? Have read thru the discussions in other places on wet canvas (learned some new methods too, such as directly under glass, no spacers). Just curious. Thanks
I would put a double mat. The inner one that has direct contact with the painting should not be visible because it would be about 1/8 of an inch below the second mat so when the dust settles and collects it goes behind the outer mat and the viewer will not see the dust particles. I do not see how one can get away with no spacers unless he really sprays the pastel. Maybe PanPastel will not leave enough residue for the dust to collect but a stick pastel will over time.

Nahant
01-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Jo, I get the message "Page Not Found" when I use the email link to the Student Access page for the Dec. paintalongs. I want to dowload the last two sessions because the holidays interrupted things for me. Please help.
Thanks!

Johannes Instructor
01-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Jo, I get the message "Page Not Found" when I use the email link to the Student Access page for the Dec. paintalongs. I want to dowload the last two sessions because the holidays interrupted things for me. Please help.
Thanks!
Send me an email and I will take care of you.

Joyce Kulak
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Jo you changed the photo for the third class and I don't seem tobe able to find it. Can you help
Thanks for a wonderful class again I have learned a lot and seem to be improving my own paintings. Thanks

Johannes Instructor
03-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Jo you changed the photo for the third class and I don't seem tobe able to find it. Can you help
Thanks for a wonderful class again I have learned a lot and seem to be improving my own paintings. Thanks
The ref photos are always on our private student access page.