PDA

View Full Version : Remember This One??

kare
09-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Hellooo!
I haven't posted here in quite some time now. I've been busy moving house and unpacking I haven't had much time to paint in the last month and I can tell you now I'm having the biggest withdrawal symptoms! lol

Do you remember this piece?

<Whole Street> acrylic on canvas, 2003.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2003/18486-Whole_Street_14.07.03.jpg

I ended up giving this one to my sister for her study, as she wanted something nice and colourful to brighten up the room.

Now I am in the process of working on another one in the same style, for the childrens ward in the Ipswich Hospital. Only thing is.. I have lost my camera cable :( and I can't take any photos of the wip as I have no way of commuting it onto wetcanvas!

I would try scanning it, but the size of the painting is alot larger than A4.. I am asking two things here..

1) Do you think this style of painting would be scarey or somewhat daunting to the children in the hospital??

and

2) Is it possible to buy a new camera cable that plugs into my USB socket without having to buy a new camera?!

cheers,
~ciarrai :)

talkingbanana
09-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Defintely should be possible to buy a new camera cable for your USB port. Go to a camera store and/or some place like Best Buy and ask them what you need, then shop around to get the best price. :)

If you lighten it up a bit, I think the style would be fine; lighten the sky to a bright, cheerful, happy pale blue typical of a sunny day, and make the colors reflect that (i.e. stay away from dark reds & sickly greens/yellows - in a hospital, you probably don't want colors reminding patients of blood & guts ;) ).

Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with! :D

gnu
09-03-2003, 12:47 AM
a couple of smiley faces wouldn't go amiss...perhaps one or two big flowers with happy faces..if you can stand that!!

kare
09-03-2003, 12:51 AM
flowers would actually be a great idea.. pretty silly of me but i didn't even think about that! :eek:

I just did a quick sketch of another possible painting for children in my art journal.. :D

beebear
09-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Hi Ciarrai
I lost my cable last year and I got another one on the internet. Do a search for your camera brand name and cable and you should come up with something.
I like your painting and I think children will like the colors and not be disturbed by this style.
karenb

kare
09-03-2003, 07:47 PM
Oops well I heard back from the hospital lastnight and they have actually got too many volunteer paintings for the childrens ward though they have guarenteed a space for my painting in the newborn section..

only thing is.. this painting i am currently working on would be too much for a newborn section.. so I began a new painting this morning of a cow.. Okay, it doesn't sound too great, but I hope to post it up here soon.. (it's a bit more cuter and far more softer in colour and compostion than the one i'm currently working on)..

And I spoke to one of the IT guys here in the office and they recommended a good camera store in the city who should have supplies for camera cables :D :D

Thanks guys!!