PDA

View Full Version : Remember This One??

kare
09-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Hellooo!
I haven't posted here in quite some time now. I've been busy moving house and unpacking I haven't had much time to paint in the last month and I can tell you now I'm having the biggest withdrawal symptoms! lol

Do you remember this piece?

<Whole Street> acrylic on canvas, 2003.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2003/18486-Whole_Street_14.07.03.jpg

I ended up giving this one to my sister for her study, as she wanted something nice and colourful to brighten up the room.

Now I am in the process of working on another one in the same style, for the childrens ward in the Ipswich Hospital. Only thing is.. I have lost my camera cable :( and I can't take any photos of the wip as I have no way of commuting it onto wetcanvas!

I would try scanning it, but the size of the painting is alot larger than A4.. I am asking two things here..

1) Do you think this style of painting would be scarey or somewhat daunting to the children in the hospital??

and

2) Is it possible to buy a new camera cable that plugs into my USB socket without having to buy a new camera?!

cheers,
~ciarrai :)

Tamana
09-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi Ciarrai!! Great to see you back around!!! Two answers:

1) No, not daunting. It has a Seuss look about it. It's fun and whimsical and I think would inspire them to draw and color their imagination without expectation of realism.

2) You could research on the net for replacement parts for your camera. Most digi's have a site and that type of into is available. Most sites even provide a toll free no for you to call. There may be a local store they could refer you to.

It's wonderful what you are doing!!! Good luck!!! Can't wait to see it. :)

beatle_john
09-02-2003, 10:06 PM
A paint like this would be great for the children's hospital :)

As a tip you could ask some children what theri favorite color is, and maybe use their suggestions :)

Be sure to posti it when done my friend :)

Regards...

somerset
09-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Not scary at all...I think these 'distortions' are of the sort they are used to from childrens books and art. They should identify with it without complication.

Good work! I am one of the weirdos who really likes childrens art and this connects with me in the same manner but rendered with an artist's sensibilities.

kare
09-02-2003, 10:51 PM
I also think it helps because the painting refers to reality.
A man I work with here in the office has actually suggested that I do commissions like this.. Maybe sit outside peoples houses and draw their house in this style and maybe add their pets to the painting too..

I have thought about this but I don't like commissions very much anymore as they bring about so much stress and accuracy. Atleast when I paint in this style I am doing it the way I see best, you know? I'm not being told what looks better and I haven't got anyone asking me to change anything.

Don't read me wrong here.. I love critique because it helps an artist learn new ways of doing things!!

~ciarrai.

p.s.. my ideas for the new painting are similar to this.. houses along a street with a big green field, an old willow tree on the bottom right corner and maybe an aeroplane flying overhead..

what does that sound like to you?

Tamana
09-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Sounds lovely. I like willow trees.

Dahzl
09-03-2003, 03:26 AM
I am sure the children will love it too ! :D Good luck with the cable - hope you manage to find one! - looking forward to viewing your painting when you do :D

Cheers Dahzl :)

kare
09-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Oops well I heard back from the hospital lastnight and they have actually got too many volunteer paintings for the childrens ward though they have guarenteed a space for my painting in the newborn section..

only thing is.. this painting i am currently working on would be too much for a newborn section.. so I began a new painting this morning of a cow.. Okay, it doesn't sound too great, but I hope to post it up here soon.. (it's a bit more cuter and far more softer in colour and compostion than the one i'm currently working on)..

And I spoke to one of the IT guys here in the office and they recommended a good camera store in the city who should have supplies for camera cables :D :D

Thanks guys!!