PDA

View Full Version : daily humble scumble bumble 2 Sept

bnoonan
09-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Hello from New York! After a wonderful ride on the Staten Island Ferry to see Lady Liberty and then a tour of the Radio City Music Hall, we headed back to the suburbs. This afternoon I'm off to Seattle for another week of vacation and then finally home to begin painting again. I miss everyone and haven't had much time to drop in and check things out. Hope everyone is doing well. Mo - saw that you will be on holidays soon- have a great trip. congratulations on your sales. Mikki - glad to see you active again.

Can't wait to catch up with one and all when I get back. Till then keep those pastel sticks active!

Barb:clap:

Dyin
09-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi Barb!!! Take a bite out of that apple for me...ha...applies to NY and Seattle lol! I'm fighting an allergy/flu thing...it's Kat's fault..:D I go on vacation next week too...down to 4 corners area...taking digi, hope to get lots of pics...
keep having fun...

angeline
09-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi Barb and all......I'm in a real slump at the moment.....just can't shake it off! I'm on holiday from work next week.........just doing 2 nights as extra so maybe i will push myself into something then.
Hope everyone else is ok.
Sue hope you feel better soon.

Madder
09-02-2003, 04:02 PM
Give my love to Seattle!!
Dyin, blow your nose and enjoy your vacation. (Four corners? What's that then?) and Angeline, get deslumpified! Enjoy your hols, Lord knows you deserve them!
Tomorrow am going to dabble with shiny surfaces. I know it will be a mess, but I can only try.

Dyin
09-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Madder...shiny surfaces...make sure your light source is steady...and just concentrate on values one at a time!
4 corners is where the 4 states of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Utah meet in the southwestern United States....it's been described as wasteland and God's country...all in the same breath! It's where the Navajo Nation resides...they believe we should walk in beauty...and wow...soaring red rocks, turquoise blue skies, views that can cover a 100 miles or more....to me it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been...and one of the rawest...hey, forgot my sniffles for a moment!!! Thanks! :D

E-J
09-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Madder ... shiny surfaces are FUN to paint. Enjoy :)

Hayley ... use that holiday wisely ;)

Sue ... instead of the Big Apple, try a Large Orange to banish your cold: lots of vitamin C :D Will you have painting time on your trip through that wonderful scenery?

Barb ... lucky you!! New York's one of those great places where it's impossible to run out of things to do.

Well, my husband has gone off to Finland for three days to give a talk and has taken the digital camera, and since my own digicam has yet to arrive, I can't post my current WIP. I'm tackling those vineyards again, but since reading books by Susan Sarback and Lois Griffel I'm trying to be more aware now of the qualities of colours seen in sunlight and shadow. Spent an absorbing two hours on it tonight and it's coming along nicely. After a weekend in which all my attempts at painting went spectacularly wrong, I take no small enjoyment from that!!

Time for a small reward ... I think I can feel a gin & tonic coming on :)

Dyin
09-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Vitamin C...gotcha! And no, :( , will be a fairly quick trip through...I'm lucky my driver will let me stop to look at the roses, as he didn't used to understand the concept, but he doesn't allow time to fondle :p, so will be taking lots of pics and breathing in as much atmosphere as I can...quickly! :D Hurrah on tackling those vineyards again!!

Mo.
09-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Thanks Barb, been missing you... your holiday sounds fabulous.... Hayley, you are off next week too and about time, do as E-J says girl make sure you re-charge those batteries.....:)

Sue hope your cold eases up real soon.... a little pampering of yourself is in order.:)

Madder good luck with your shiny objects a LOL I'm sure you'll do well...... E-J... pour yourself a double, you've well earned it :)for doing the Weekly..... looking forward to seeing your painting.

As for me I've given up painting for now... need a break.

E-J
09-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Mo.
As for me I've given up painting for now... need a break.

Given up?? Say it ain't so, Mo! Just for a very short while, yes?

Dyin
09-02-2003, 05:58 PM
you take your break, Mo...but you can't hold your breath forever!!! You'll come back stronger than ever...just wait til your hols are over..you'll be bursting to do this or that...and if that doesn't do it, then I'll flood you with reference material! :evil: :D

Greeble
09-02-2003, 06:07 PM
back from my brother's wedding. He got hitched saturday! it went off without a.... hitch

The entire family with halves and steps and fulls and assorted cousins managed to spend the weekend peacefully!

But I didn't get any pastelling done

Jen

Mo.
09-02-2003, 06:08 PM
E-J ...don't worry, it's not permanent. LOL... just need a break from it... as Sue says...it's just until after my hols.... Sue not sure whether I'll be back that strong though. but thanks girl! :D

Mikki Petersen
09-03-2003, 01:40 AM
Hey Barb! It's good to be back. You just never stay in one place for long do you? After you get rested up, you'll have to come see our new digs. Fall colors should be popping out in a couple weeks!

As for the rest of you...

Mo, enjoy your holidays but don't even joke about "giving up painting". You are going to be famous yet.

Madder, go forth and shine...You can, you can, you can.

Sue you are going to one of my favorite places in the world. Hope you share some of the pics. Also hope the sniffles don't put a damper on. Drink orange juice as you travel.

Angeline, sorry to hear about your slump. Pick yourself up and put on a smily face and treat yourself to something special. You are just working to hard.

Me...I'm still trying to find the box with my pastel paper in it!