PDA

View Full Version : Ionian sunrise

rossmarie
10-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Tried to post this in open critique but the site will not upload image in a new thread.

All crits welcome. Love shape of greek fishing boats and wanted to draw and paint one. The sunrise was more vivid in reality but I have toned it down as they can look too lurid in watercolour

Mikehttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Oct-2012/1111482-Ionian_sunrise_2.JPG

Debzy
10-27-2012, 03:35 AM
Hiya Mike! I love this painting!!! :clap: Beautiful distant mistiness and the foam on the water is very realistic.The boat certainly does have an interesting and artistic shape! I can see why you wanted to paint one. Lovely water colour work. My only small concern is that the foreground paving (very nicely done by the way) looks a little like it's the same level as the water. Perhaps some more distinct dark or shadow on these may bring them forward and up. Or perhaps the boat on the right could be a little more distinct to show it is down under the level of the paving, it is very faint and almost hard to see. This of course is just my opinion, I think you have done a wonderful job and I love the composition. The colours are lovely and subtle, the kind of watercolour look that I strive for.... but can't quite find =)) Cheers Mike! Glad you posted in this forum, have been looking forward to seeing more work from you and the other wonderful artists on WC. :thumbsup: I'm still getting "ACK". Arrrgggghhhhhh........:rolleyes: :evil: Cheers :D Debs. :wave:

crafor
10-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Ditto everything Debs said. I really like the softness.
Ella