PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations

Birds2z
09-02-2003, 01:09 AM
This is my first post to the Acrylic section.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2003/26450-AjR_vibrations_wetcanvas_edited.jpg

I have kept this painting in the un-finished pile, because of the ground. The earth looks unfinished to me and I have struggled with what to do with it.

What do you all think?

All comments are welcome and appreciated.

AjR

SabZero
09-02-2003, 12:50 PM
May I suggest a horizontal wave pattern to fit in with the rest of the style you have there (like in the leaves)? ;)

In any case, it doesn't look unfinished to me :)

SummerSun
09-02-2003, 04:42 PM
My first thought when looking at your painting, before reading your own comments: I really like the ground and the way the ground contrasts with the green leaves. So I don't think the ground looks unfinished. I also like the colours you've used. What I do think, however, is that the upper part of the painting is painted in a slightly different style than the lower part. I think you could make the change a bit more gradual to combine the two parts. :)

lovetopaint
09-02-2003, 06:14 PM
I love the colors! They reallyb sing. I think the "wavy" pattern for earth is good, also. Might try waves using a lighter earth tone. However, it is beautiful as is.

CarlyHardy
09-02-2003, 06:31 PM
Everything vibrates except your earth. Like the value....why not try a deeper tone and create a vibration in the soil too?
carly