PDA

View Full Version : Lily in Oil Pastel

BeyondTheNineSquares
08-31-2003, 06:52 PM
I have been writing a book of Tanka style poetry which I am illustrating with my own photography, and the day before I left for vacation, my Lilies finally opened. What a stroke of luck, as they were past their peak when I returned, and I had written a poem that featured lilies as the imagery. Here is a small (5 x 7) painting of one of the lilies. I did this in oil pastel with Prismacolor pencils. I used a very smooth art paper (I forget the weight at I type this)

Hope you like it!

Dyin
08-31-2003, 07:58 PM
Hi Martha...glad you caught the lilies at the right time...and glad you are still having fun with your oil pastels.

Mo.
08-31-2003, 08:11 PM
That is a very small painting Martha, but a lovely one... I would love to read your poem too.

Mo.:)

BeyondTheNineSquares
08-31-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Dyin and Mo! I'm finding that small pieces seem to be popular. Maybe because they're easy to find room for! Really, I do bigger things as well, I assure you!

It's funny though. I've seen lots of floral paintings done on the small side, but sometimes they're matted and framed to a much larger size. Interesting . . . you know, the mats that are quite large but with a small opening in the center?