PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pastel Self Portrait

Aibrean
08-31-2003, 02:30 AM
this is also in the portraiture thread :) it's of moi.

http://aibrean.xzact.net/illustration.jpg

jackiesimmonds
08-31-2003, 08:20 AM
Do you really have white skin?

Or is this just meant to be a dramatic kind of illustration, with emphasis on the lovely green eyes?

Seems a shame not to take this a bit further, and have some lovely skin colours..............

meowmeow
08-31-2003, 08:47 AM
dramatic kind of illustration

I guess I would assume that was the intent. It is very interesting...the eyes really jump out at you! Even though the white is a bit "ghostly" I think you did a nice job!
And welcome to our Forum!

Sandy

eezacque
08-31-2003, 09:37 AM
Nice, especially the way you suggest the tip of your nose with virtually nothing...

eezacque
08-31-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by jackiesimmonds
Seems a shame not to take this a bit further, and have some lovely skin colours..............

I beg to differ, this pale white skin completely fits in her goth-like appearance. One of those exceptional cases where less colour is more...

Deborah Secor
08-31-2003, 12:17 PM
I find this image striking, very strong graphically. The effect of the hair works well, and your green eyes almost challenge me.

I looked at your web page and found your work very interesting. Do you work in oil pastels often? I'd like to see more. Thanks for sharing.

Luvy
08-31-2003, 12:26 PM
I too checked out your website and now that I know what you were after it's great except for the right eye seems off. Seems like you have to much white showing in that eye and the angle isn't correct.

But Looks great otherwise

Aibrean
08-31-2003, 01:48 PM
From the angle I took the reference shot, that's how my eye looked. Thank you for all the lovely comments :)

A little bit about the project. I was trying to convey the darker side of me, hence the reason I basically have no "color" except for my eyes. My eyes are my favorite part of myself and obviously the "window to my soul" and that's why I chose to color them.