PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! Grace at 65mph

DiGi
08-31-2003, 12:40 AM
Hey y'all...I'm new to WC
I've recently puchased some acrylic painting supplies and am currently experimenting with this medium of art. I have never really done much painting in the past except for the odd mural or art project in high school.
Not too long ago, I bought a new house that has an air conditioned shop(finally I can paint!!) that will be a perfect studio! Almost ready to move in...just a few more minor things to do.(painting in my kitchen is a pain...gotta put everything away etc.) I can't wait to get in there.
Anyhow...I'm posting a drawing of the infamous Italian skier "Alberto Tomba" It's done on a 16x20 sheet of white bristol with prismacolor pencils....done in 1999 I believe
I really love all the diverse styles that I've seen in WC...very inspiritional indeed!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Aug-2003/26888-Tomba2.jpg

shirleyq
08-31-2003, 06:11 PM
If your acrylics are anything like your colored pencils............I can't wait.:)
Welcome to WC

Marty C
08-31-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm with Shirley on that one. That is mighty impressive pencil work, can't wait to see your brushwork. Welcome to WC, but be warned, you WILL become addicted!:) :)