PDA

View Full Version : Succession

Tamana
08-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Here's a quadtcyh I did for my sistah Glo: 12" x 16" - Oils, glue, bit of collage and NO BURNING, on wood. My first play in oils. I love the richness of them. She wanted something to do with Eve etc. I wish I was a better photographer. Sorry for the glares etc.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Aug-2003/18021-Succession_3.JPG

Conception:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Aug-2003/18021-Conception_2.JPG

Birth:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Aug-2003/18021-Birth_2.jpg

The third is "Cain & Able", the fourth, "Seth."

Thanks always for sharing a piece of your busy time.

Dahzl
08-31-2003, 05:30 AM
Ahh - She's playing in oils ! :clap: Lovely rich, thick textures and colours Tam - They are a lovely medium to use aren't they? I miss using them but can't handle the fumes anymore- Ahh well at least I can enjoy viewing :D

The work itself is a lot more literal and simplified this time or should I say open ? But equally as enjoyable to view as all your other works Tam ! :D

Well Done My Friend !

Cheers Dahzl xxx

Tamana
08-31-2003, 09:34 AM
They were wonderful to work with. But in all honesty, so were all the other things (conventional acrylics or unconventional nail polish, matches, etc.).

Yeah, definitely more simplified. NO BURNING (I felt nekkid). Actually these were 4 individual pieces, a quadtych; however, when my sister saw them, she loved the textured backgrounds etc., and asked me if I would mount them together on wood with the same background. I had though of a thin yellow matte and black frame for each, but she wanted them all together on the same background.

Soooooo - what you're seeing is the result. It's one but not. :confused: Is it still a quadtych? I don't know!!! :rolleyes:

She's going to take it to a framer next week. I forgot how she said she was going to have it done.

Thanks for your encouragement. :) I'm still hoping and rubbing for that cam. ;) :D

Dahzl
08-31-2003, 09:46 PM
Yep! :D I would still call the work a quadtych they are individual works relating to each other even if they are mounted on one support - they are still separated by the frames of the mount - thats what I's... reckon :D :D- BTW - should look fantastic! so how about a 'piccie' - when she is framed in all her glory??

Thanks Tam for the cam wishes sigh..I really need one- my house is 'chocca block' full of creations at the moment :confused: no room to move. I want to get all of them on disc so that I can start showing some - I have already tentatively approached a local gallery- and they are interested- so fingers crossed - they like what they 'eventually' see :D Anyway I still have heaps of finishing off to do plus framing etc.. so that in itself is keeping me busy too.

Meanwhile -looking forward to viewing your framed Beauty :D

Luv To You
Dahzl xxx:D

Tamana
08-31-2003, 10:25 PM
Then a quadtych she is!!! I'll definitely get a photo of her framed. My sisters a decorator and always goes way overboard so there's no telling here. You should see her house. It's unbelievable. A cival war plantation house excellently preserved. They actually trained troops on the grounds there for the war!!

A Rebel General's sword is purportedly in an old covered well!!! They have talked about exhuming it! :D

Get busy framing and finishing sweet!!! THEY will want to represent you!! And good on you!!! Then you will be able to purchase a cam!! After that big sale for the fundraiser, you are good to go!! :D

Rooting for you here!!! Go Go Go!!

Lurv to ya too!! :D

Dahzl
08-31-2003, 10:43 PM
:D Hot on your trail Tam Tam :D

Wow you have very useful brothers and sisters - How lucky for you ! :D Mind if I borrow your sister too??? and her house sounds absolutely magnificent ! all that wonderful history.

Ahh and eek- so much to do !! :confused: and somewhere in all of that framing nonsense I want to keep painting too !

Luv from a frazzzled Dahzzzzzl xx:D

Tamana
08-31-2003, 10:50 PM
Huffin' & a puffin' here dahhhlin daaaahhhz!!! I'm staying there next week while they are out of town. I'll take some piccies and mail em to ya!!!

Now I must consume sustenance!!! Do join me for a late dinner of club sandwhiches consisting of fresh turkey/chicken breasts, romain lettuce, garden tomatos, vidalia onion, fresh red bell, and thick sliced bacon on san francisco sour dough! :)

It will give you the energy you need to frame, wonder woman!!!

Oh, and some sparkling peach/lime water to top it off.

:D

Love and energy to you daaahz daaahlin'

mmmmwah!!!

Dahzl
08-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Oh Yummeee...Alright that's it !! I'm coming over!! :D :D

:D xx

brushstroked
09-01-2003, 09:53 PM
This is incredible. I like the dark to light contrast...the textured background...and I'm excited to see you using oils at last.

My favorite is Eve lounging in the goo of the apple. At my house we call that "sleeping in the wet spot." :evil:

What a treasure for your sister. Beautifully done, Tam.

Tamana
09-02-2003, 05:49 PM
LAURA!!!! OMG!!! LOLOL

Thank you!!! I needed a good laugh!!! hahaha

I love the texture oils produce. I think imma like em; however, I can't imagine giving up my other mediums. I mean no burning? No cutting? No smearing? No tearing? No sewing or splattering. NO GLUE WEAVE!!! Sheesh. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself on this one!! ;)

Thanks for your words. :D