PDA

View Full Version : shore #2

edzstudios
08-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Another landscape- 12x16 acrylic on masonite, done with painting knives using golden and liquitex paints. comments and critiques welcome!

Lady Carol
08-31-2003, 09:32 PM
Curious about all the looks and no replies. Hmmmm! I thought it can't be THAT bad LazarusCMII has painted it.

And it is not bad at all. You have interesting texture which I think lends itself fabulously to the seascape. My only nit perhaps would be to define the crest of the waves a little better so they don't all blend into one and this probably is just personal preference rather than being a significant problem with the painting.

:clap: :clap:

Marty C
08-31-2003, 09:52 PM
This I like, great textures with the knife, makes it very interesting.

I guess I'm with Carol a bit on the waves, some more detail would be good but then I'm probably too fussy when it comes to waves anyway. Really well done.:clap: :clap:

surreal
09-01-2003, 12:35 PM
I love the textures and movements!
Very exciting piece and wonderful colors!

talkingbanana
09-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Great job! I love the texture, the colors (what did you use, anyway? especially for that sand...), the comp, the everything! If I had money I'd buy it.

:clap:

edzstudios
09-02-2003, 12:53 PM
thanks for the comments all, I agree I might go in with the brush and get a bit more detail on the crests etc... such is painting with the knife, I'm still experimenting :-)

Talkingbananna, I think the color you are talking about in the sand is liquitex's "unbleached titanium" it's kind of a light biege color, which I absolutely LOVE, I use it all the time. the other main colors are: raw umber, burnt sienna, golden's neutral grey #6, and various little bits of reds, yellows, and blues for tinting