PDA

View Full Version : The other 2 contemporary abstracts

mjt
08-28-2003, 11:21 PM
My post, "contemporary abstract" at http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128569
produced several requests for the other 2 abstracts I did last week.

These are also acrylics on Arches 140 lb hotpress. Each piece is 12X14.
Thanks, Michael
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2003/12281-variations_I.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2003/12281-variations_II.jpg

GeniusOfInsanity
08-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Wow ... great series. The top one reminds me of Las Vegas. You have a great eye for color combinations in a way that allows so much detail and vibrance to leap out, off the canvas into the eyes and soul. :clap:

mmk
08-29-2003, 12:46 AM
these f'ing rule! brilliant compositions, colors and detail! it's like there are so many different colors packed into a small enough space (yet not so many colors as to muddy the end result, nicely balanced) that sort of a holographic effect is achieved. like the complexity/diversity of color/shape is high enough to form an abstract word in a brain. the word tells of joy in creation of quality. that might not make much sense, but it's hard to explain

i give them a 5 out of 5!!!

timelady
08-29-2003, 06:30 AM
Michael,
These are stunning. Love your palette and the variation in texture - you've made wonderful compositions balancing the detail and softer areas. I think I like the last one best (of the 3) but can't decide! :)

Tina.

arourapope
08-29-2003, 07:49 AM
these are stunning! (that's been said, though)
I love the complexity and movement. Passing through a city in a train... :D
I hope you have many more to show us. I'd love to experience these in person. Have you thought about doing them really large?

Tamana
08-29-2003, 07:50 AM
These are beautiful. I agree with all that's been said. Those clusters of intertwined colors do it for me. Landscapes. Reflections. Horizons. etc. etc. etc.

Looks like you've entered the market beautifully. :)

ordie4
08-29-2003, 08:21 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i'm thinking you should continue down this path...........

StoneCarver
08-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by aurorapope

I love the complexity and movement. Passing through a city in a train... :D

I agree. I find the complexity and movement facinating as well as a sense of layering that adds a 3d aspect to your pieces (or maybe thats my glasses :) ).

I'd love to see these in reallity as I find them very moving.

surreal
08-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Very exciting work!

mjt
08-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks to everyone for your comments. I do plan to continue producing more new works in this genre in all sizes including some much larger works. I will post new works as they are completed.

Regards, Michael

somerset
08-30-2003, 12:32 AM
All three are magnetic, hypnotic wonders of beauty!

katz
08-30-2003, 10:57 PM
Wow, these are so much different than the paintings you have done in the past. I love the colors and designs. These are really cool.
Gay

gnu
08-31-2003, 04:40 AM
first one, to my eye, is like a visual description of an earthquake in progress the grand canyon!!! (going by pics I've seen), a little distrubing and jarrin (not that I wouldn't have it on my wall in a heartbeat!!)
the second is just speeding forward..not particular image (apart from the reflection aspect)..whew, a little fast for me that one!!:clap: :clap: :)

Dahzl
08-31-2003, 05:03 AM
Visually Stunning !:D All three pieces - can't decide which one appeals more !

Well Done ! :clap:

Cheers Dahzl :D