PDA

View Full Version : another try

lonie
06-21-2001, 07:06 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2001/elephants.jpg I'm keeping my figers crossed that my image actually opens this time. I've been trying to submit something for ages

Lonie:confused:

T-Rex
06-21-2001, 07:14 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats Lonie, it not only showed but its a wonderful watercolor as well. It has a lot of texture or is it my monitor? Love the distance achieved in your background.

Studio224
06-21-2001, 07:25 AM
Lonie,

i am glad you finally managed to post! It's been what 2 weeks since your last try?

It is a beautiful work you are showing us there, and this is so exotic. I love your choice of colours, now how did you manage to make these colors so granulated?

What size is it?

Anne-Claire

Yorky
06-21-2001, 07:25 AM
You made it Lonie!

I like the painting - very atmospheric - great subject.

Doug

Rod
06-21-2001, 07:28 AM
Yes you have acheived great distance with your background. I see you like the wet into wet techniques. The patterns may have been caused by the way your program compressed or resized the image.
Look forward to your next post,
Rod.

Javier
06-21-2001, 07:38 AM
Nice piece of work. I like the silhouettes or near silhouettes and your use of colors. Is the texture from the use of sedimentary paints, or my monitor, or another technique?

j

lonie
06-21-2001, 08:16 AM
Thanks so much for all your kind comments.
I really don't know why it granulated - A lot of my paintings do this. It might have something to do with the fact that I've recently been using acrylic paper for water color, or the mix of paints. THe painting is about 40 cm x 26 cm - slightly bigger than a sheet of A4.:D

Studio224
06-21-2001, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by lonie
Thanks so much for all your kind comments.
I really don't know why it granulated - A lot of my paintings do this. It might have something to do with the fact that I've recently been using acrylic paper for water color, or the mix of paints. THe painting is about 40 cm x 26 cm - slightly bigger than a sheet of A4.:D

Now I am curious! What kind/brand of paint do you use?

Anne-Claire

ameliajordan
06-21-2001, 04:31 PM
Glad you got this posted. Nice composition and colors!

literal
06-22-2001, 12:38 AM
I really like your painting and better still my young daughter absolutely adores it... Elephants are her favourite thing in the world :)

Mark

lonie
06-22-2001, 02:19 AM
Anne-Claire, I use Cotman and Winsor & Newton mostly, but often mix these with a touch of Marie's watercolors (these are a fairly cheap type - but are quite good for adding to the others for tonal value).

Studio224
06-22-2001, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by lonie
Anne-Claire, I use Cotman and Winsor & Newton mostly, but often mix these with a touch of Marie's watercolors (these are a fairly cheap type - but are quite good for adding to the others for tonal value).

Lonie, I don't know Marie's watercolors but I think you must have a special gift for granulation... I use Winsor and Newton but I have never have been able to make granulations as yours...

Keep posting, I would like to see more...

Anne-Claire

Rosemarie
06-23-2001, 04:27 AM
Grand painting!! :clap:

The granulation is due to pixelation.