PDA

View Full Version : My first landscape

turri
08-28-2003, 01:25 PM
I finally got this as ready as it can be. There is plenty of things I would like to fix, but still I am going to stop now. I am quite satisfied with result. Made with acrylics, on 24cm*19cm canvas board. I used a photo I took on my way to work as a reference.

Thanks for BrianWarner and Gilberte for their help with this.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

ukwarrior
08-28-2003, 01:30 PM
this is good but i feel it lacks a focal point. i know it's a landscape but i think perhaps a boat in the water (or something like that, i don't know, a swan etc) would improve this greatly. i like your brushwork though, very nice.

Leslie Pz
08-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ukwarrior
this is good but i feel it lacks a focal point...

I agree, otherwise it's a great palette and your detail is good.

turri
08-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Thank you :) As usual as soon as I think its finished, somebody comes and points out something that could be improved. That is exactly what I need to improve my humble skills. I leave the painting for a while and get back to it when I feel that I am ready. I think that couple of ducks could be what it needs.

Edit: Do you have any suggestions where I should put those ducks/swan? I was thinking that near left shore and somewhat close to that dark area on below. That way it would not be too middle in the painting.

ukwarrior
08-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by turri
Thank you :) As usual as soon as I think its finished, somebody comes and points out something that could be improved. That is exactly what I need to improve my humble skills. I leave the painting for a while and get back to it when I feel that I am ready. I think that couple of ducks could be what it needs.

Edit: Do you have any suggestions where I should put those ducks/swan? I was thinking that near left shore and somewhat close to that dark area on below. That way it would not be too middle in the painting.

sorry, i know how annoying it is when you feel you've finished and you have absolutely no desire to put the brush on it again!

yeah i was thinking near the left shore. it looks unrealistic and idealistic when the focal point is right in the centre, so by the shore would be good.

turri
08-29-2003, 12:17 AM
No need to be sorry :D I get back to painting after couple days rest. Then I might have a fresh view to it.