PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Showcase 2003

E-J
08-27-2003, 04:47 PM
I would like to thank our very own SUE (Dyin) for putting together images and text from so many contributing pastellists to create the article Pastel Showcase 2003, a link to which currently features on the WC homepage!!

I am completely blown away to have a piece of my own work on display in the same virtual collection as L. Diane Johnson, Jackie Simmonds and Tom 'Crumby' Macbeth, not to mention so many of my friends :)

Beautiful work, everybody :clap:

Here's the link:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/19147/360/

Dark_Shades
08-27-2003, 05:24 PM
hey....... thanks for the Link EJ didnt know it was there

Well Done Sue :clap: ....... doesnt it all look brilliant....... (wish I was able to say something different..... but bad timing of current events for me :() ......... but doesnt it look fantastic...... anddddddd Im surprised there were even some works I hadnt even seen before :eek: :D

...... absolutely delightful

well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dyin
08-27-2003, 05:31 PM
lol....you knew before I did!!!! So glad you're happy...there's some lovely work in there!!! Guess I better run see how it looks off the publisher!! Thanks guys! And I mean...thanks for allowing me to show all this beautiful work!!!

BeyondTheNineSquares
08-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Nice work, Sue! It's well chosen and well organized! Truly an inspiring collection of paintings! Ooo, Ooo! Maybe I'll make the cut next year! Something to look forward to!

Dyin
08-27-2003, 06:34 PM
You hold that thought, Martha!

Now...nuff about me...this is ALL about the lovely artwork and all our wonderful artists here...

Kathryn Wilson
08-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Dyin/Sue : Oh, you have cheered me up with this wonderful thread. Great job!

Feeling very humble to be amongst the most wonderful pastel paintings and artists to be found! Thank you!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dyin
08-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by kyle

Feeling very humble to be amongst the most wonderful pastel paintings and artists to be found! Thank you!

:clap: :clap: :clap: [/B]

pssst...Kat....me too! :D

MKathleen
08-27-2003, 10:36 PM
:clap:CONGRATULATIONS wonderful article Sue AKA Dyin:clap:
I feel very proud to have my work amongst such wonderful 'Pastel Artists' as yourself and other's. I have enjoyed looking at all the fine work and a real treat for the eyes.
Thank you Sue your the greatest!:clap::D
Best,
Kathy:)

Dyin
08-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey, Kathy...what's pretty neat about all this great art in one place is a response I got from my friend's mom tonight...she said she never knew pastels could look anything like this...it's a great bunch of work and we have so many new artists on this forum that there will definately be more of these to look forward to...

Smudger
08-28-2003, 06:27 AM
Wow it looks wonderful...so many great paintings:clap:

Well done indeed:clap:

meowmeow
08-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Wow! What a great trip that was! It was wonderful to see all those beautiful paintings..most of which I remember well and a few I must have missed but enjoyed seeing for the first time.
Sue did a fantastic job on this. I know it was a lot of work.
And I want to thank her for including me...I am thrilled be be included with such illustrious company!

Sandy

:clap:

Artistammy
08-28-2003, 11:32 AM
I must say I agree with all the others who are excited to be in the company of such wonderful pastelists! It's a wonderful article & such fun to read & look at.

vrashton
08-28-2003, 01:33 PM
I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. What wonderful paintings and what a great idea to showcase them like this. Congratulations to everyone who has a painting in the showcase.:clap:
Val

Mo.
08-28-2003, 08:30 PM
A wonderful fantastic display of so many skillful artists, each one brilliant in their own right, a variety of styles and beauty that you would not see anywhere but here at WC!

WELL DONE SUE! :clap:... for this wonderful article... come on folks check it out and post your comments here!... there are lots of WIP's too for all you newbies who wish to learn more!

THIS ARTICLE SHOULD NOT BE OVERLOOKED!!!

Mo.:)

CarlyHardy
08-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Just wanted to add my penny's worth here! This is a superb representation of the great work accomplished by all of you here in this forum! I feel really privileged to have access to so much knowledge and to such a caring, sharing group of artists.

Thanks Dyin for the article....and thanks to all of you who make this such a great pastel forum!
carly

jackiesimmonds
08-29-2003, 02:46 AM
lovely thread, and I feel privileged to be included, thanks.

There are some missing important regular contributors tho...................were you shy, people? (you know who you are).

J

Dyin
08-29-2003, 09:29 AM
Would have loved to have more works displayed, but there was a size issue and so hope to put together a new Showcase the first of the year, with a whole new group of artists' work...know it will be as much fun as this one...want to thank everyone who took time away from their art and busy lives to participate!!

nougat
08-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Well Done to all the wonderful artists whose works of art are 'exhibited' here!!

Sue - what a super idea!!!

nadine

Barbie
08-29-2003, 10:03 AM
Congratulations to the organizers and exhibitors in the Pastel Showcase 2003! What a wonderful way to showcase the breadth and depth of art possible with pastels.

Although I'm an oil and watercolor painter, just a few moments perusing all your wonderful work has given me the pastel bug! Thanks for sharing your gifts with us all! See you all soon in the Pastel Forum.

Dyin
08-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi, Barbie...wecome to WC and so happy you are inspired to give pastels a go...look forward to seeing you post something!

Dark_Shades
08-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Woooooo hooooooo ...... Look forward to seeing you :)

MarciaJane
08-31-2003, 06:30 AM
Well Sue, you have done a wonderful job here :)
Well done !! :)

I too feel honoured to be amongst so many talented people, thanks for asking me to contribute to this! Some of the work on view I had never seen before either..... we sure have some talented people here !! Well done everyone ...... this was a real pleasure to see!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jay-pea
08-31-2003, 07:08 AM
Wow, that is one wonderful showcase! All those lovely paintings... wow again!

Julianne
08-31-2003, 07:10 AM
I just saw this! Yes, wonderful, inspiring. Fantastic works. Thanks!

angeline
08-31-2003, 07:45 PM
WoW! When I was asked to contribute to this I was speechless!.......yes me quiet for once!........lol
I am so chuffed to have something I have done in with all these other wonderfull peices.
Sue you have done a fantastic job with this ......well done!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
09-01-2003, 01:07 AM
GOLLY! GOSH! AND GEE WILLIKERS! I've been off the boards for about six weeks and first time I sign back on, look what jumps right up...a gallery of some of my favorite artists' work. I've got to say, it is breathtaking to see just what a collection has come out of the Pastel Forum. I'm stuck with a 56k modem at the moment until I can afford satellite equipment (no DSL out here in the woods), so I got to watch each painting unfold s-l-o-w-l-y...it was like opening gifts without tearing the wrappers! I just cannot think of enough good things to say to express the joy of viewing this exhibit. Thank you to everyone who contributed and a special thanks to Dyin for authoring the article. I needed something to jump start me into unpacking my supplies and this surely did it!

Dyin
09-01-2003, 01:24 AM
Mikki!! Welcome back!!! Wanted to include you but couldn't find a trace of you...did you move??? Can't wait to see you post again!

Mikki Petersen
09-01-2003, 01:38 AM
Hi, Sue! Yes, we moved, and moved and moved and moved! But now we are here and happy as woodpeckers in our lovely woods. Seeing all these beautiful works by good firends on WC really has me itching to get back to work (or play;) ). Thanks again for the terrific article.

Ophelia
09-01-2003, 02:53 AM
I normally lurk in this forum, but I have to step out to say how marvelous this display of art is. Thank you to the creators of these works. They are truly inspiring. And thank you to Dyin for putting it all together.

All the best,

Ophelia

Dyin
09-01-2003, 03:02 AM
Welcome to WC and the Pastel forum, Ophelia! You do know the rule...once you've delurked you can't go back! Hope to see you post and join in the fun here...

Ophelia
09-01-2003, 03:16 AM
Thank you so much, Dyin. I didn't know that once I delurked I couldn't relurk, but now I do! I've been reading through some of the threads and I'm amazed at the amount of help and enthusiasm offered at every turn. You people just might get me to put down my pencil and venture off into color yet!

Smiles,

Ophelia

Katherine J
09-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Thanks so much, Sue. You did a great job on this and as other participants have said, it's a pleasure to be included with this group of fine artists. You certainly deserve credit for a lot of organization and hard work. I think it's an inspiration for those who are new to the medium or know little about it's possibilities.

Katherine

sunny
09-01-2003, 08:10 PM
HI everyone....

I have to say...what an absolute pleasure to walk thru and view everyones creativity!!!! As usual ....you are all an inspriration to me,,,,!!! with your artwork alone,,,yet your words of why you love the pastel medium so much....

It would take up sooo much space to comment individually..but bear with me when I say I am so very proud of you all!!!....and know only great things will continue to come from you!!!! Fantastic...thank you all for teaching me so much!!!

Sunny:)
Have a great painting day!!!

Dyin
09-01-2003, 08:23 PM
wow....did people know that sundiver put together an awesome project to show off last year's pastels??? wow, again....here's the link to check it out...so fun seeing some pastellists that have moved on and lots of fun to see the progress of those who've stayed...here's the link to the final's page...(if you click on the 'click here' above the list of entries you can see them all at once for a huge impact!)

http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_final.php?proj_id=389

Julianne
09-02-2003, 03:19 AM
Wow.... thanks for passing that on!!! It inspires me and makes me feel hopeless at the same time :cool:

artmom
09-02-2003, 08:35 AM
What a pleasant time I've just spent, "walking" through this gallery!! I hang out in the watercolor forum, but I may just have to start lurking in the Pastel forum, and try my hand at pastels.

Every one of the images in the gallery were well done--no matter what the subject, style, palette, etc.

Thank you, Sue, for putting this together. Now, off to check the link for the project that you just shared.:)

Lyn

Vegas Art Guy
09-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh wow that was great. I can't belive I was included amoung all those great artisits! Sorry I've been so quiet lately, I just started school again and that has taken up most of my time. I'll be popping in now and again, mainly to C&C everyone else's work.

nougat
09-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Hi Vegas!!

I wondered where you'd gone to!! So no more stationery?? No more lunch??? We'll miss you!!
nadine

soap
09-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Sue, a big thanks from me too......the article looks wonderful! Am proud to be amongst such wonderful artists.

rwhale
09-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Dyin,

Thanks for putting together such a great showcase of the wonderful work that's done here in the Pastel Forum!! I've been away from WC for a couple months to try and deal with some depression. What a great encouragement and inspiration this was to come back to!! Thanks again!

-Roger

blissfullyunaware
09-10-2003, 03:57 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: AWESOME!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Time flies when you are having fun... spent most of the day going through pictures and articles that I have never seen. Can't believe it's almost dinner time. I'm so glad Dyin took the time to put this show together. Had been lurking the past year or so but there is so much input into this forum every day, you have to stop in just about daily to catch it all. Which isn't hard to do (should I say - when you're retired) because everyone here is so nice and super talented! This has been an inspirational show. You all make me want to create, which is what I desperately needed (hmmm - better than a kick in the pants)! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon

Sylvielu
09-10-2003, 05:04 PM
The Pastel Showcase has some wonderful works dsiplayed!

Meisie
09-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks for directing me to this thread (article) How much inspiration can I handle before I pop????:eek:
Meisie

pampe
09-11-2003, 12:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: INSPIRED AND HUMBLED:clap: :clap: :clap:

GREAT WORKS, everyone!

rd2ruin
09-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Nice work putting it all together. I just got the PM last week, so I missed the deadline by only, oh, half a month :rolleyes: :(

Hope everyone's doing well. :)

Cheers!
- Greg