PDA

View Full Version : bruce and susie wip

Wahsuzy
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
oil on canvas obviously i have a looooonnngggg way to go. i realize his chin is too long and have not really done the teeth yet (scared of them, have never even drawn teeth before) need to know what all is off. it does not need to be perfect im keeping this one for ourselves:wink2:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2012/1091382-new13788.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2012/1091382-new13841.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Oct-2012/1091382-new13907.jpg

thank you!!

RCharleston
10-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Nice beginning!

Just my own prejudice here...I think the bit of the lobster that's currently overlapping his mouth could be moved such that it doesn't encroach on a facial area or maybe just slightly further down to the side of the jaw line and this would be much better but someone else might have a different take...

Wahsuzy
10-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Lol!!!! You are probably right but I was trying to cheat so I didn't have to paint that part of the face. I may change it. That was my first instinct then got scared;);)

Trumper
10-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi,my first impression,
The ladies mouth is slightly lopsided on the top left as you look at her,makes her look as if she is grimacing.
Keep posting the WIP :) well done

Debzy
10-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Wow Suzy! This is going to be awesome! :clap: Lovely pic of you and hubby! :heart: A fun picture too, :lol: I love it!
Early stages yes, I agree that the lobster could be moved just slightly down, you could take a another pic of Bruce smiling and work from that! Easy enough...haha =)) says me who is terrified of doing a face! It just seems a shame that the lobster cuts the bottom of his happy jolly face in half. :D
I think his eye (viewers left ) is a little too closed, and you eye (viewers left) is a little too open. I agree your mouth isn't quite even.
But hey, it's early days and I love it already!!! Big challenge Suzy, You are very game and it will turn out fantastic. :thumbsup: Good luck and keep posting, can't wait to see it develop. Cheers =)) Debs. :wave: p.s. are they alive???? :eek:
pps. LOL You and your sea creatures!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wahsuzy
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Thank you trumper and debz! I'm going to work on those things:). Debz, I actually found another pic of Bruce without lobster in his face. Lol!!! Wish me luck. You are so correct, huge challenge for me and yes they were still alive, but not for long. Little butter and some grilling time they they disappeared!!!! Lol!!! :D :D very tasty

crafor
10-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Great photo, great beginning.I agree with moving the lobster, either down a bit, or to his right, away from the face. What's the size?
Ella

Debzy
10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Arrrggghhhh..... :eek: No wonder you had gloves on!!!!!!! :lol: It looks like a large painting to me! Just take your time, I reckon it will be amazing when you are finished, and a great experience to do it. :thumbsup: Such a fun photo :D Good luck Suzy :crossfingers: and glad you enjoyed them with butter :evil: Cheers =)) Debs.

Wahsuzy
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks crafor and debz!:) just measured it and it is 22in x 28in. Worked on the mouth and started doing the teeth today and now I officially look like one of the bears from country jamboree at Disney. Lol!!! Lobster may stay in front of his face;). Hahahahaha!!!

Debzy
10-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks crafor and debz!:) just measured it and it is 22in x 28in. Worked on the mouth and started doing the teeth today and now I officially look like one of the bears from country jamboree at Disney. Lol!!! Lobster may stay in front of his face;). Hahahahaha!!!

Lmao! You are so funny Suzy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Wahsuzy
10-17-2012, 02:23 PM
fixed my eye and mouth (do they look ok?) and started with clothes. have not worked on hubby any more.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Oct-2012/1091382-new2945.jpg

DebbieO
10-18-2012, 12:33 AM
I think your eyes are better. You have a shadow on your left cheek that might be just a tad too far out towards the nose and dark and it's looking a bit sunken or flattened on the ball of your cheek.

You have a seafood theme going :)