PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of these??

jezurus
10-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Has anyone ever heard of or used Weber Costello pastels? I found a set in a desk at our old business, they appear to be pretty old, but they actually work very well, seem to have a lot of pigment, I still use them along with my new sticks!

ncgirl
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Haven't heard of this brand, but I wish I worked where you do! :) What a cool find!

Ruthie57
10-09-2012, 02:05 PM
You're sure they're not Faber Castell? if not, no I've never heard of them.

allydoodle
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
I believe I saw these about two years ago. A friend of mine had a set and she was trying to paint with them. She was having trouble and asked me for help, and I found that the problem wasn't her, it was the pastels. This set wasn't nice, though I don't know about the entire line of pastels. They were just awful to work with, the color didn't release well onto the paper, and I found I was fighting them more than painting. It sounds like the ones you found are in better condition than the ones my friend had.

jezurus
10-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Wow, did a search on these, Weber Costello seemed to be a line of school supplies, chalk, erasers, school globes, etc. from the 70's up, my set of pastels are listed as "Vintage", lol, maybe they have gotten softer with age!