PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Oxford, UK

caprizzosa
10-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Hi guys,
I am so glad I've found this forum! I have only recently started having a go a pastel painting. I have to say I am no good at painting nor drawing so it is going to be a challenge. However I find it very relaxing and with two "24 hours on the go" young boys I really need something to relax!
I don't have a style or preference on what to paint so I guess I want to learn a bit of everything and then hopefully find myself.
At the moment I am trying to paint landscapes but I am having a difficult time trying to paint trees and grass. Any help here?
Thanks too you all and I look forward to being mesmerised by all your work!
Caprizzosa :)

Ruthie57
10-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi Caprizzosa and welcome to the World of soft pastel!!
There is absolutely loads of information here and there are many wonderful landscape artists whose work can be found in the gallery.
Also, if you're looking for inspiration, check out the Monthly Spotlight Thread near the top of this page. This is where Don gives lessons and reference photos for people to produce artwork from. It's friendly and no pressure!

Dougwas
10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi, Caprizzosa

Welcome to the dusty area of WC. A great source of information is over in The Soft Pastel Learning Center. You will find landscape demos that should get you started. Here's the link. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=439

Have fun!

Doug

Colorix
10-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi and welcome! I was going to suggest the same as Doug did. You can also do a "search this forum" in Studio, and search for "WIP".

barriespapa
10-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi Caprizzosa welcome to the pastel forum you will learn a mountain of knowledge here suggestions from Doug and Ruthie are prime examples of how to get started.
David

caprizzosa
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I have already been following your advice and I am having lots of fun!

*Deirdre*
10-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I have already been following your advice and I am having lots of fun!
You are very welcome Caprizzosa....if you're not sure how to search...here's a screen shot to help...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2012/33616-search-forum.gif

Enjoy...and don't be afraid to ask questions!:D