PDA

View Full Version : The Jury

Erica Shipley
10-07-2012, 05:46 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Oct-2012/1076792-55153_4132447024251_1897027015_o.jpg

Unsure about title but want it to be something that goes with that feeling of being watched and judged. This is part of a local church top.

Artist inks and dip pen
6 hours total work time
8x12 for now unless I expand the drawing some
Alot of detail work to go with all the bricks and the birds.

How is it so far while I can make adjustments?
What feelings is it conveying?
Feel free to say anything I can take it!

Andrewcody
10-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Erica, you need to adjust the perspective a little
Regards
Andrew

crafor
10-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm in the US, too, and I think the lines are totally (sadly) appropriate. Justice here? There is no justice, only law...
But yes, perhaps, the perspective does need adjusted. And I do like the title. Nice concept.
Ella

Erica Shipley
10-08-2012, 12:56 AM
I agree perspective is off and the photo is tiny bit crooked and it's a phone photo so it's not as off as it is in the picture.

My reference photo was a weird angle though is part of the issue. I was driving down the road on a rainy day and looked up and saw them on the church so I opened the sunroof to get a quick shot as the light turned green.

My hope is by making the bricks detailed and crumbly I can pull the eye into not noticing? I hate to scrap it because it's turning out really nice except for the perspective issues. I will try to get a real photo tomorrow that's at a proper angle so you can help advise what lines to move or crumble.

Thanks bunches!

Trumper
10-08-2012, 03:53 AM
The vignetting on the tower may be because of the distortion on the lens of the camera.
The idea is good , i think some crumbling stones and some ivy or moss could hide /build up the surfaces abit.
How about "waiting for a target " :)

Andrewcody
10-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Ah it is a Church, the name takes on quite a different perspective, the unelected passing judgement.....based on mythology.