PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 26-08-03

sundiver
08-26-2003, 07:55 AM
Nobody up across the pond yet?

I should call it the daily grumble now that summer's officially over for me and I'm back to work. I'd much rather be scumbling!
The good thing is that I can get back to WC.
Last night my monitor at home was flashing neon green stripes. This morning the whole screen is neon green. You can see the items on the screen but it's as if they were bleached, then soaked in lime Kool-ade. I think Mr Monitor has bit the dust.
I have some painting done, has to be scanned first. Others sold before I had a chance to scan them. Interesting thing about those little 5x7 landscapes: they sell! I matted or double-matted them, and sold almost every one of the Prince Edward Island landscapes, plus a few still-lifes, all word-of-mouth advertising, and had a couple of commissions.
I didn't have a glamorous exhibition like Mo, (that must have been sooooooo cool!) but it paid for the supplies I have bought lately and made room in my portfolio thingy.
Now I have to attend a Professional Development session.
Hope you are all having a good day! :D

Wendy

sundiver
08-26-2003, 07:59 AM
Oh, I forgot to say I was just in the Cafe Guerbois and read that poor Llis has broke her patella and is somewhat immobile and in pain as a result.
Let's all send healing thoughts her way!

E-J
08-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Wendy, splendid news about your little 5x7 hotcakes :) I guess small-scale works offer not only an affordable way for many people to own an original but are also easier to imagine having space for in their home ... well done :clap:

Work is both dull and slightly irritating today, so I won't talk about that! :) Husband and I plan to have steak-salad for dinner and spend a quiet evening with guitar (him) and pastels (me). I have an idea for a reworking of a previous picture of mine on a larger scale and with a different approach to the colours I'll use ... but not sure how successful it will be, so I'll shaddup about it until it's finished :D

What's everyone else up to?

BeyondTheNineSquares
08-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Good Morning! I'm very new here and don't know you all yet, thought I'd pop in and say hello! Great news on the 5 x 7 paintings. I've been doing some small things myself, and i must say, they're easy to find a spot for and seem to perk up a dark corner, especially when nothing larger would do the job!

I have never tried to sell my art, but it'll be fun to get to a point when I am selling. I'll have to read up on how to price things. Sundiver, do you buy mats retail or cut your own? I buy everything retail just now, for the most part.

So much to learn, so much to discover!

Smudger
08-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Afternoon all:D

i've been so so so so busy, hence not being around much this week... trying to get it all done before i leave for france on friday for a week of fishing and sleeping under the stars...can't wait:clap:

Hope everyone is well

Dyin
08-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Get better llis! Glad to hear those 5x7's are moving! Sleeping under the stars in France...durn you anyways!!!! lol!
I've got to groom Boots today...a good one to two hour job with all that hair! Maybe will play with something for the weekly...have a good day, all!

angeline
08-26-2003, 01:33 PM
Evening all.........I'm in the middle of a run of 6 nights..........uughh.
Staffing levels are terrible and for the last 3 nights I have been the only trained and not had break relief.......11 hours no break!
So enough to say I am very tired.......and paperwork has been done to declare unsafe staffing levels.
At least i can add all my hours up and then take a night owing!
Wendy ........great news on your little pictures.
EJ........enjoy your pasteling.
Smudge.......getting that chateau sorted out for us all????....lol
:evil:
Sue.......enjoy grooming........my little Misty takes hours too!
Ah well off to w**k again soon.

Mo.
08-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Wendy... I think I'll take a leaf out of your book and start doing teeny paintings... need some success right now.... another megga busy day at the exhibition all of a dozen people turned up..it's quite funny watching some of them, as they sort of scuttle around like little mice..... and talk in whispers. :D It might look glam, but it's not successful yet. :(... still 4 more days to run, so who knows.

Poor Llis, that sounds painful, hope she recovers soon.....E-J yourevening sound idyllic, love guitar music ...traditional guitar or electric?....

Hi Martha... good to see you in here... don't worry you'll soon know us all warts as well :D

Smudge, envy you too... I see you've finished your painting... must have a look at that......Sue... two days running now had to groom Mitch throroughly, he ran through the hedges and came out with all these litle green bobbly things stuck to his coat.... they were hell to remove..... something I could have done without, it takes so long.

Hayley ...don't envy you at all my girl.... you need a god rest..... unsafe staffing levels? That's not good at all.... this country is in such a mess.

TTFN

Mo.:)

Mo.
08-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Wendy... I think I'll take a leaf out of your book and start doing teeny paintings... need some success right now.... another megga busy day at the exhibition all of a dozen people turned up..it's quite funny watching some of them, as they sort of scuttle around like little mice..... and talk in whispers. :D It might look glam, but it's not successful yet. :(... still 4 more days to run, so who knows.

Poor Llis, that sounds painful, hope she recovers soon.....E-J your evening sound idyllic, love guitar music ...traditional guitar or electric?....

Hi Martha... good to see you in here... don't worry you'll soon know us all ...warts as well :D

Smudge, envy you too... I see you've finished your painting... must have a look at that......Sue... two days running now had to groom Mitch throroughly, he ran through the hedges and came out with all these litle green bobbly things stuck to his coat.... they were hell to remove..... something I could have done without, it takes so long.

Hayley ...don't envy you at all my girl.... you need a god rest..... unsafe staffing levels? That's not good at all.... this country is in such a mess.

I'm off to post my latest pic... you'll find it in my exhibition thread..... I'm really a dragon.:D:D

TTFN

Mo.:)

E-J
08-27-2003, 03:07 AM
Mo ... he plays electric guitar .... likes rock and blues.

Martha ... thanks for joining in with our Scumble ... you're very welcome here!