PDA

View Full Version : Fireballs

turri
08-25-2003, 11:33 AM
I painted these fireballs couple weeks ago, but managed to borrow digital camera just couple days ago. This was one of the first paintings I did. I also have other painting with similar fireballs, but with a blue background. However, I did not manage to get a decent photo of that one, so I will not post it (yet).

paintergirl
08-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Great heat! Your palette definitely gives the temperature! I like this composition as well, a yin yang feel to it...

Just a thought so your welcome to ignore it, what about trailing/tapering off the flame tips just a little more?

turri
08-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the comment. True, those flames could be a little sharper, now they look a little bit dull. And I did had a ying-yang as a model of some sort. I just stylised it little bit and added flames.

paintergirl
08-25-2003, 04:49 PM
One of the first things I am drawn to in a work is bold color and this canvas 'pops' , love the blending in the background as well, by the way :D

I like the symbolism in the yin yang in flames, looking forward to seeing more of your work!Did you cross-post this in absracts as well, they will enjoy it also...

turri
08-26-2003, 11:19 AM
It is nice that you like my painting. I am currently working with something else which I will post as soon as I manage to finish it (now it is hanging at work, waiting the last finishing touches).

I am not sure what you mean by saying: 'canvas pops' Could you explain a little bit more? Or are you just saying that colours are bright and therefore pop? I am new to art jargon and therefore do not understand even the most obvious things.

paintergirl
08-26-2003, 12:08 PM
That's exactly what I meant Turri, the colors jump out, vibrant :D

Leslie Pz
08-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Great palette. Nice movement with the fireballs. Can't wait to see your blue version!