lizzy
08-25-2003, 03:20 AM
hello

i did this a few nights ago its acrylics on canvas board 11 x 14

tell me what you think or what you see

thank you

Morandi
08-25-2003, 11:30 AM
the forms are interesting...I'm curious as to how I would respond to the surface in person...I am a little biased against acrylic, BUT I try to be open minded. The value structure is nice, the ghost thing rang a little cheesy to me in the title but the picture doesn't really have that cheesiness.

if you're working on canvas board i say you're good enough to move past that..if you're working on masonite..cool.. if you're going to sign your work make sure that it doesn't stick out from the image too much. The letter look digital too me but they're also the sharpest, in focus form on the surface of the image that I looked at...

Morandi...

sec
08-25-2003, 07:41 PM
This is a great piece. I love the mysterious aspect of the scene. Good work!

lizzy
08-26-2003, 10:39 PM
thanks alot sec

morandi why are you biased of acrylic?

yeah the title sounds like some cheesy romance movie
masonite hmm ill try that
yeah i think its blurry too, but its better from far away and if you wear prescription glasses take them off
it makes everything blend together

artdude
08-26-2003, 11:56 PM
I Like it Lizzy :) I looked at it for a while and then I squinted at it and by doing that it darkened everything more, making it look more like a night scene :D:)

somerset
08-27-2003, 03:39 AM
Took me a couple trips to catch up to this, but finally a connection was made. Guess that is why I kept coming back to it.
Good work!

they may be dead but I think they are having more fun than a lot of us.