Tamana
08-24-2003, 10:17 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2003/18021-Book_1.JPG

Closer Looks:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2003/18021-Book_8.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2003/18021-Book_9.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2003/18021-Detail_1.JPG
~

Yep yep. In between "Look what I foundsfhosjrnwnviuagerowahfnosaiugofeaighfspegjsaphnf"

Collage, staining mediums, acrylics & washes & light & burnings & light & words and more words & light & glue but mostly photos on corrogated cardboard on wood.

It's easier to see yourself through eyes than thoughts.

I should just...yeah, right, ok.

blkros
08-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Wow!!

Just exactly how big is this? I can guess but I hate doing that. :D

Is the glue what's making the cloudiness at the top?

Tamana
08-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Sorry Keef: 16" x 16" (not matted) It will probably be about 20" x 20" or so matted and set on wood. My brother's a carpenter...he's staining me wood etc. I want to use screws with antique covers or something different to mount my entire "Cardboard Collection" hahahaha.

I think it's a combination of pearlescent/lighting. ( the cloud thingy that is....)

Thanks for your "Wow!!"

So like, where are yours?

somerset
08-24-2003, 10:31 PM
In the past, I often referred to successfull parenthood as having the skills of an invisible juggler. You know, be here now for this one while tending to the other, never once allowing either the distraction of being anything less than your world.

I see you have those skills for art. After I get the images of your panels out of my head, I might return to say something more coherent.

blkros
08-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Tamana
Sorry Keef: 16" x 16" (not matted) It will probably be about 20" x 20" or so matted and set on wood. My brother's a carpenter...he's staining me wood etc. I want to use screws with antique covers or something different to mount my entire "Cardboard Collection" hahahaha.

I think it's a combination of pearlescent/lighting. ( the cloud thingy that is....)

Thanks for your "Wow!!"

So like, where are yours?

On their way, as soon as I can get a photo of the big one, and scan the smaller ones. (Or one, don't know if one's finished yet.)
I see that yer gonna be busy the next couple of months (yes I realize that was a different thread :D) does that mean I'll get to catch up to you in posting? (Are you sure you're only one person?)

Tamana
08-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Michael: :D I hope I am a much better artist than I was a parent. *shudders* Oh well......Thanks you. You're a great friend.
~

Keef: One person. Hmmm. Do you mean physically, or mentally? :angel: :evil:

Oh oh!! I forgot to tell you about my new toys!!! A friend at church gave me a whole trash bag full of fabric paints she no longer uses!!!!! AS IF THE WORD "FABRIC" WILL PREVENT ME FROM USING THEM HOW I WANT TO!!! :D

heheheheheheeheheheheh NEW TOYS!! yay!!!!

Oh wait....time :( booooooo....

blkros
08-25-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Tamana

Keef: One person. Hmmm. Do you mean physically, or mentally? :angel: :evil:

Yes.

surreal
08-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Very interesting.
I like the sense of depth and use of images.

Somehow, I can't imagine how this would look IRL.

When it's completed could you post a pic of it somewhere in your house as you've done in the past? :)

The surface appears to be very glossy or having a sheen.
Does it IRL?

:D

sue ellen
08-25-2003, 10:53 PM
I like the composition in this piece a lot!
Even your details could stand alone as finished pieces. :)

Tamana
08-25-2003, 11:30 PM
your encouragment is always appreciated.

Keef: uh huh
~

Nina: Thanks to you. Here's a shot, but am unsure it it's what you're really referring to? I've substituted a frame until the wooden mount is ready.

~

Dali Girl: That would be very handy if I was selling prints wouldn't it?!! :D Thanks to you too.
~

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2003/18021-Book_Wall_II.JPG

surreal
08-25-2003, 11:32 PM
Thanks Tam.

Those shining bright areas - what materials are they made with?

arourapope
08-25-2003, 11:36 PM
:D :D :D
Tis a lovely thing.

Tamana
08-25-2003, 11:37 PM
*bows*

:) Just kidding: Liquitex Acrylic - Cadmium Yellow Light/L'Oreal Shock Proof Extreme Wear Nail Polish: French Tip White. ;)

Thanks Aurora :) The latest shot really doesn't portray the colors as they are, but it's probably because it's night time flash n all. Lookin' forward to the next in your series. :)

(edited to thank ya)

brushstroked
08-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Stunningly and shockingly beautiful, Tam. Red and yellow seem to be your signature colors.

Is that William Shakespeare?

I think you forgot to list .22 shells in your materials list. ;)

Tamana
08-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks, Laura. Red & yellow are good signature colors to have. :D

No: King James.

And....
it was a .38 special...and a saturday night... I believe.... ;)

purrciate the encouragement sista. :)

Dahzl
08-27-2003, 02:42 AM
Another one !! Stunning Tam Tam !! :clap: :clap: Rich, rich wonderful colours, textures and layers with those lovely flashes of light! Fantasticalismic extravagansa ! You are really building up an excellent body of work. Well Done Tam !

I see that yer gonna be busy the next couple of months (yes I realize that was a different thread ) does that mean I'll get to catch up to you in posting? (Are you sure you're only one person?)

Yes Keith I am all 'ga ga' I honestly don't know how she does it :confused: that and everything else our little Tam has been up to - all I can say or repeat is WOW!! in absolute awe!

Cheers Dahzzzzzzzzzled ! :D

Veronica
08-27-2003, 04:08 AM
Stunning imagery & message, visual ecstasy.
Your schedule sounds intense, remember to
pamper yourself.

Tamana
08-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Thanks you two!! Encouragement always purrrchiated. Weird circumstances today. Happy sadnesses. Happiness: I have wooden panels and glass panels and cabinets to paint on!!! Sadnesses: :( I came home and my landlord had ..... (I don't know if I can say it....) my landlord had.....

:crying: cut my tree fungus down while weed eating!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

There are some babies on the other side that survived the murderous masacre!! I post the piccies in mixed. God I am sick. That one piece was beautiful. Sheesh the idiocy. Dang it. I vented on a cabinet that's drying now. I may post it later.

There is a busted watermain... I am home...It's all weird. What a day.

Oh well.

Thanks again.

arourapope
08-27-2003, 09:58 PM
:(

Dahzl
08-29-2003, 04:22 AM
Poor Tam Tam :crying: Poor Tree Fungi :crying: Nasty nasty Landlord !! :mad: Never mind Tam - how about erecting a little fence around the tree and remaining Fungi - plant a couple of little things in there and just tell your Landlord that you are beautifying the area or something to that extent :D

Yep - we all get days like that :confused: but it will pass :D

Luv Dahzl xxx

Tamana
08-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Thanks Aurora & Dahzl for your condolences. Yes, life moves on.
:angel:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2003/18021-In_memoriam.JPG

:D Happy Labor Day Weekend all!!! :)

Maysun
08-29-2003, 05:25 PM
Yes, life moves on.

....Just when I was going to get out the Kleenex !!!

Ah, well, next time....:D

About the artwork -

I'm sTuNeD

- that's why I'm silent. :angel:

Maysun:)

Tamana
08-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Thankies!! :D Nice to see you!

I am having a wonderful evening of creation out on my terrace!! :D

I miss your paintings. :(

Dahzl
08-30-2003, 12:28 AM

Here Lieth Poor Tree fungi....................Cut down in his Prime........

Gone but not forgotten

R.I.P.

Tamana
08-30-2003, 07:12 PM