PDA

View Full Version : Cat in a Hammock - Soft Pastel

joemajury
06-20-2001, 01:07 PM
I painted this one this morning (Wed 20th), and as I was painting it there was a woman watching me.
As I neared completion she bought it (without knowing the Price), but I was honest and gave her a fair price.

I have 8 or 9 photos of this taken step by step if anyone is interested.
In this one my aim was to use just the basic colours and keep blending to a minimum, just let the colours speak for themselves.
Do you think it worked?

Joe
:) :)

Joe, I reduced the size of your image to 500 pixels wide. That's the max :)

Roan

dupliKate
06-20-2001, 06:57 PM
It sure worked for me!:clap:

Were you painting outdoors? I'm not surprised someone bought it right away. It really works. I loved the colours (and the cat), and the whole idea.

How did you think up a cat in a hammock?

K

joemajury
06-20-2001, 07:42 PM
Step by step for this painting in 10 easy steps can be found at

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_studio.msql?username=joemajury&proj_id=44

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any suggestions which could help me, or any question, in which i could help you.

Best wishes

Joe
;) ;)

PS. Thank you Roan, I forgot to size this one.

Lulu
06-21-2001, 06:16 AM
Joe, I am bowled over by your talent:)
This is just delightful, and as I said in cafe, has brought a very BIG smile to my face.:) :)

djstar
06-22-2001, 03:40 AM
This is so exciting!
I looked at your progress pieces and I am even more impressed. I can't plan and organize a picture. That may be why you have such a clear clean crisp look.
It has such a great comment on the world. It is optimistic and full of the moment.
How do you do that trick of getting it under glass so fast?
I have only gotten two of mine actually framed and they are just serendipity because I found the right sizes.
How do you get such lovely frames and how do you make the decisions about the mats etc.?
Really enjoy these pastels.
dj*

joemajury
06-22-2001, 05:40 PM
Dj,
I am new to these bright colours of Pastels, as you may know, but when I am painting ANY picture, I ALWAYS go next door to the picture framing room, at my day centre, and look at the mats and frames that are available that day.
I plan these BEFORE I start painting, I think the right mat and Frame are as much a part of the overall picture, as the painting itself.
I have talked a lot of people out of " Put a Pine frame on it " attitude, and in general they agree with my choice.
I will take a pic of the picture framing room, and post it, let you see the equipment we have at hand.
I frame immediately after painting, and dont spray.

Joe
;) ;)

djstar
06-23-2001, 12:36 AM
You're makin' me DROOL, Joe!
dj*

dustiiart
06-23-2001, 02:46 AM
Excellent Joe, and to have it purchased even before you had a chance to admire it more :D ... terrific!

Sounds like your work is really "taking off" for you...literally! Bravo.

dustii

joemajury
06-23-2001, 12:47 PM
Dj,
I will probably get that Photo on Monday and post it for you, showing all the mats, equipment and frames we have at our disposal, and we just pay cost price for the framing, the public have a mark up price :D

Dusti,
Thank you,
Yes, since I posted here, I have been selling more, strange or what?
I got a telephone order yesterday for the landscape piece I done and sold last week.
The person wants it the same, but I have told the buyer that I will have to ask the permission of the owner of the last piece, in case they bought it expecting it to be a one of.
If they are happy, I will repaint it, but you will never get it the SAME anyway.
Loadsamoney to spend on new pastels now

Joe
;) ;)

animal
06-23-2001, 09:08 PM
:cool: Joe!

I really like the style of this painting. I also like the :clap: :cool: colours you have used.:angel: