PDA

View Full Version : After the Apple

somerset
08-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Lost & unfinished.
Drawn in Photshop Elements with Wacom Tablet.
Crits & Comments invited.

heh
08-23-2003, 02:55 PM
moody beautiful
mmm take me into that garden

loving the colors
this seems more painterly mature
texture, lighting, itís all around good
one of my favorites
:D

somerset
08-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Why Dena, thank you and who you callin mature;)

heh
08-23-2003, 11:16 PM
the person behind you :p
*eats glue*

Tamana
08-23-2003, 11:31 PM
I can't BELIEVE this!! LOL. I have a quadtych drying now that.....oh man unreal...lol!!! I mean it looks nothing like THIS, but it is about the apple!!!!!

Talk about irony!! (deja vu)

This is really terrific, Michael. It has an embossed feel to it. I would believe that I could run my hand over it and feel that texture. It's an excellent design.

Well done. :clap:

somerset
08-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Dena ;)
On a more serious note, I wondered about the departure from my usual and am glad you liked it. Usually I try to express myself more with color & shape rather than drawing. So I used far fewer colors than norm and spent more time mapping this out in my head before I began. I knew if I tried to draw the figure in its entirety it would take me weeks, not hours to complete it so I went for a piece of the figure and let that dominate the image with its size. This approach also allowed me to use it as a canvas.

Tam, thanks. You know what they say about great minds...glad I posted mine 1st! Was trying to make it 'knife like'.

surreal
08-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Very interesting composition!!!

somerset
08-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Nina, thanks.

surreal
08-24-2003, 12:11 AM
I genuinely like it very much, Michael!!!
:D

somerset
08-24-2003, 12:17 AM
Nina, you said it so I believe you and thank you again. When you start tossing around terms such as composition in a favorable manner as applied to something I have done, it does make me blush. Sorry if I somehow mis-communicated my appreciation of the integrity of your comment.

arourapope
08-24-2003, 07:31 PM
I like this a lot! The pinks and greens are working really nicely together. It reminds me of a memory that's almost lost. Very appealing.

somerset
08-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by aurorapope
I like this a lot! The pinks and greens are working really nicely together. It reminds me of a memory that's almost lost. Very appealing.

Thanks Aurora! Your take has planted an idea I would like to incorporate into my next one...if I ever finish visualizing it. I enjoy my out of control works but I must admit the more disciplined approach is a tad more coherent. Just not as much fun.