PDA

View Full Version : stuck in an infinite well...

timelady
08-23-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm in one of those weird places at the moment. Been thinking a lot about the direction and point of my work, and have come up with answers! :clap: But then have no ideas for new subjects! :mad: Aaaaaarghhh!!!!! *sigh* Been studying infinite potential wells in physics and suddenly feel like I'm bloody stuck in one!

But things move on. Thought I'd look backwards, thinking of a lot of mame's posts of old, no longer existing works. So I pulled out old backups of images and actually am quite keen to maybe revisit a few ideas. Things I did paint but now I feel I could realise better a few years down the road. Here's a couple:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2003/2309-riverwall4.jpg
This one actually was ruined so it was never finished. :(

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2003/2309-electriclight.jpg
A sketch/collage I did on the train in Japan - through ricefields at dusk. Aaaaah.

And wouldn't you know, someone dumped some good news down into my well today - I got a letter from a new gallery that approached me back in May and I'd given up on. He's finally got premises and my contract is in the post! And I got an acceptance letter from AXIS, the UK artist database (closest thing to be listed over here I think). This has been a goal for a couple of years and I finally met the criteria so I'm THRILLED! So maybe soon I'll have enough energy to crawl out of the well. I worked on a total piece of trash for 4 hours today so I'm not there yet... :rolleyes: (I think it's going to end up purple tomorrow - that's the only sure solution to problem paintings for me!)

Well, enough rambling for now... thanks for listening (er, or reading). :)

Tina.

heh
08-23-2003, 02:48 PM
i like looking at your work
rarely have any words but always looking
that sketch makes me smile

itís nice to see where youíve been in relation to where you are
i think everyone should post this kind of thread

Tamana
08-23-2003, 11:43 PM
I'll be interested in watching this new direction you take.