PDA

View Full Version : My Exhibition News.

Mo.
08-22-2003, 08:04 PM
It went well, very well...dead on 5.p.m. visitors started to arrive and a steady continuous stream right up until 7.45.p.m.... it was tiring, hot and sticky, but exhilarating too..... lots of wonderful comments, oohing and aahing, ran out of price lists:D... good sign?... the press phot shoot took place around 3.pm. and they will give us a good write up too, so will look out for those pics, although they will be black and white......

The wine was flowing...red being the favourite, I was told that red is the 'in' thing for art exhibitions...LOL!... Learn something new every day... my daughter Helen made her first sale.. whoopee!!. None for me as yet....managed to take a few pics, but it was difficult tonight as I had to chat and circulate amongst people... the ones I took weren't that good either, maybe tomorrow when it's calmer I'll have a chance to take better ones.... here's a few for you

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Aug-2003/5154-Dscf0012.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Aug-2003/5154-ex08.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Aug-2003/5154-Dscf0005.jpg

Must sleep now... I'm utterly knacked:D

Mo..:)

bnoonan
08-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Cool - congratulations MO!!!! Looks absolutely wonderful.

Rest well -you deserve it!

Barb

Mystiq
08-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Well done, looks fantastic :clap: :clap: :clap:
Good luck with everything
~*Tracy*~

Kathryn Wilson
08-22-2003, 08:43 PM
WELL DONE MO!!! The gallery looks good! Hope it flows for you tomorrow too.

Good luck! :clap: :clap: :clap:

doe
08-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Looks great Mo! Thanks for showing us! Good luck throughout the exhibit!

Dyin
08-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Looks great...thanks for taking some pics and sharing...price lists...good!!!

Redsy333
08-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Now Mo Darrrrrrrlinggggggg how could you not know...that "RED" was the in THANG!!!???? I mean HELLOOOOOOOO ..:D lol
wish I coulda been there , looks like a wonderful showing!!
Kudos, congrads and many hugs to ya hun!!;)
(runs off with 2 bottles of Redwineeeee) :D

pastelist
08-23-2003, 03:19 AM
The exhibit looks wonderful. Congratulations!
Take a well deserved rest.
:clap:

Dark_Shades
08-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Excellent Stuff Mo........ well done to you buddie...... doesnt your work look great...... its especially nice, because we've seen them close up and been there with you working through them.....
glad you took the time to show us, when you were so cream crackered lol
Dont forget we want to see the press story too

well done Mo

jackiesimmonds
08-23-2003, 05:20 AM
in haste so must be brief but had to say WELL DONE:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

angeline
08-23-2003, 06:08 AM
Oh WOW! Mo well done ........looks fantastic and well done to your daughter selling!
OOOOOHhhhhhh you have it all looking really proffessional ........fancy running out of price lists!......get some more printed!.........lol.
Most of all...........ENJOY IT!

meowmeow
08-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Congratulations! It looks terrific...I'm glad things went well and you had good feedback. That always feels good!
I hope you have lots of sales as well!
Now you can relax!?!?!

Sandy

Greeble
08-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Congratulations :clap:

Thanks for the pics :D

Jen

BeyondTheNineSquares
08-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Looks Great! Congrats!:clap:

MKathleen
08-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Hi Mo:
Hey thank you for sharing your 'Exhibition' news with us and for a tour of the show. Congratulations to your daughter on her sale, I bet she was excited. Please keep us updated!
Best,
Kathy:)

Madder
08-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Great stuff. I'm thrilled! Thanks for sharing your news with us.
Good luck tomorrow! I'd love to see all the painting you chose in a row.. Can you do a project for us? :) When you're rested of course.. LOL
Madder

Mo.
08-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Awww you guys are really terrific you know that?

Thank you all so very much for all this wonderful encouragement, you maybe don't realise how wonderful it makes me feel to read your comments.... things were much quieter today, so had time to relax and read a book. LOL! Good but not good in a way, as then I start thinking and those nasty doubts start to creep into my mind.

Hey Redsy... I had one bottle of red wine left... so I drank it last night.... with some help.:D .....and we toasted absent friends;):D

Mo.:)

Mo.
08-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Madder
Great stuff. I'm thrilled! Thanks for sharing your news with us.
Good luck tomorrow! I'd love to see all the painting you chose in a row.. Can you do a project for us? :) When you're rested of course.. LOL
Madder

I have one lined up for about mid September.... when I return from hols.

E-J
08-25-2003, 05:09 PM
hey Mo ... have just caught up with this thread ... your paintings look so beautiful all exhibited together ... what a body of work! Your daughter's masks are very cool too. Hope you both sell loads :clap:

Mo.
08-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Thank you E-J... I hope so too.:D.. don't worry if I make a sale , I'll be shouting it out loud here. :D

Craig Houghton
08-25-2003, 07:38 PM
:clap: looks wonderful! :clap: I'm jealous! :clap: Well done! :clap:

I've posted more clappers than I've got arms to handle. Well done.

-Craig

Mo.
08-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Craig.. you are a big sweetie... Thankyou.:)

lucidancer
08-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Mo, I want to be your freind,
just knowing that you might toast to me while drinking wine......
Haha!

Congratulations!

sundiver
08-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Wow, Mo, very impressive! :)

CBruce
08-26-2003, 12:57 AM
congratulations!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Striver
08-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Well done Mo, very impressive. Is the exhibition in Newport?
Regards
Les
Previous Penarth

Katherine J
08-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Well what can I add, Mo, except more congratulations. You deserve it. Looks wonderful on the wall and just ignore those doubts - they have no place to roam.

Katherine

Mo.
08-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Lucidancer..Consider yourself toasted my friend.... thankyou:D

Wendy.. thankyou, but after reading about your success... I think I'll start painting weeny paintings.:D

Bruce.. thankyou very much:)

Striver...Les... Yes Newport... would you believe? :D... Hard I know.. and you are from Penarth originally? Just down the road from me... I live at St Brides on the coast near to St. Mellons and Cardiff.... do you know it?

Katherine.... thanks so much... I will do my best, promise.;)

Here's me being silly... wearing one of my daughter's masks... a dragon.. Welsh dragon of course... now she boasts that her Mum is really a dragon:D:D

Would you believe I typed all this out earlier, then clicked on the wrong button.... Senior moment! (shakes head and creeps off to bed)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Aug-2003/5154-mumsadragon.jpg

Better than any facelift don't you think:D:D

Dyin
08-26-2003, 08:08 PM
all I can say is that pirate has a strange taste in women!!!!:evil:
You look loverly....best part is the smile behind the mask:angel: :D

vrashton
08-26-2003, 09:18 PM
congratulations, everything looks great, the paintings are wonderful and those masks are terrrific, what does she make them out of?
Val

Striver
08-27-2003, 12:24 AM
Yes I know St Mellons and long ago St Brides mostly forgotten memories. If I remember there are two Pubs in St Mellons, White Hart and I think the Star, Long Long ago now, restaurant and bar meals in the WH. Not to mention the local brew "Brains" or brain clag as I thought of it. Always thought the River Taff would taste better.
The Mask looks good, will you continue to wear it at exhibitions?
Les

angecald
08-27-2003, 02:59 AM
I've been off-line for a few days and missed all the fun. CONGRATULATIONS, Mo, to you and your daughter, the show looks wonderful, very professional, I just wish I could go and see it. So glad you had a good first day. I just know this is going to begin a great new phase for you. Doesn't it feel good to have the work out there where it can be seen?

nougat
08-27-2003, 11:42 AM
WELL DONE MO!!!

It all looks fabulous!!

nadine

Smudger
08-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Wow Mo...it looks wonderful. congratulations:clap:

Mo.
08-31-2003, 08:34 PM
Les.. The White Hart is still there, not sure about The Star...Not a beer drinker myself, but remember the local Brains Brew.love the comparison to the River Taff, I could go one better and say the River Usk:D:D... we did consider walking through the city centre wwearing masks.. yes Newport is now a City... Gawd forbid.!! and that means bus lanes. LOL!

Thanks so much Agnes, Nadine and Smudge..... exhibition is now over, it was a great experience... had loads of positive feedback, sold two framed prints of my leopard and one painting.... Blue Eyes my first oil pastel sale. :) .. my daughter also sold several masks, so not too bad for a first effort.

i wondered whether my prices were too high, but do you know that folks were saying ... 'wish I could afford your work'.... before looking at the price lists... so I guess not.. I didn't make a killing, came away with a loss, but at least I can say I'm now an 'exhibitionist' :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2003/5154-Dscf0040.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2003/5154-blue_eyes.jpg

Dyin
08-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Yay...and you just did blue eyes for practice!!!! Well, some is better than none and you never know what will come of it down the road...you'll be a famous lady yet...esp since you're an exhibitionist :evil: :D

Mikki Petersen
09-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Oh Mo! Looking at the pictures of your exhibition just brought tears to my eyes! Especially the one of you in Mask. Even behind the Mask your smile just radiates. Can't believe you did not have more sales. Your work is so good. guess the economy is slumped all over right now. Anyway, a belated congratulations on a great exhibit:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dark_Shades
09-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Absolutely Well Done MO :clap:

.... do you think, if your prices were lower that you would of sold more?...... pricing is always such an issue isnt it.... how did you work your figures out..... if you dont mind sharing info that is lol :D

.... yeahhhhhhhhh your an 'Exhibitionist too' whooooo hooo :clap: :clap:

hey Pete.... was just thinking of you last night, wondering where you had got to

nougat
09-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Mo - your exhibition was super!!! And your paintings worth every penny you asked and more!!!

Well done on the sales.

nadine

Striver
09-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Would it be an idea to have a separate thread on how people price, also presentation of work for sale.
How much work is unsold because of over-pricing. Was it Joshua Reynolds who left an incredible amount of unsold work at his death.
Exhibitions are fun and frustrating. What kinds of exhibitions? Club-private-gallery-shared. What Commissions, entry fee's and what ever. A separate thread could be rewarding.
Cheers all
Les