PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble October 2012

Shirl Parker
10-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Scumble, our monthly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives! I hope you will all chime in and look forward to hearing about them.

:wave:

CM Neidhofer
10-05-2012, 08:23 AM
First snow coming down here in Denver!

Shirl Parker
10-06-2012, 11:36 AM
That explains why we are getting a cold front down here tomorrow.

AnnaLisa
10-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Hello

You have snow? And I thought we have cold weather here...
It was sunshine out but I was inside ordering artmaterial haha.
New Unison pastels, one by one, it took some time.

I will order some Schmincke but dont know which colours yet, they
are so soft so I think the light colours will suit the best. I also ordered
the pastel board from fineartstore, have never used it before so it will be
very fun to test new stuff.

Denver Colorado there must be many fantastic landscape motives to paint.

K Taylor-Green
10-07-2012, 04:35 PM
It is chilly here in southern Ohio! Brrrr. Had some regular rain lately, too. We really needed it. But I am not ready for snow just yet. Though last year we didn't get more than 2 inches all Winter. I do hope we get a couple of nice snow storms with some accumulation. The dogs love it so.

My new pup is growing like a bad weed! She is so eager to learn and to please. We are working on basic obedience and fun retrieves. I think my trainer is going to love this one!

CM Neidhofer
10-07-2012, 04:49 PM
It's warming up here again. Supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow. I can handle waiting a while longer for cold and snow! Dr. has confirmed I have "mild" osteoarthritis in my knees and hips. Told her that to begin with! lol :rolleyes:

Judi1957
10-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Dreary, chilly and rainy here today. Wanted to get some sun filled fall reference photos but no cooperation from mother nature. Banged up my foot yesterday so walking has been difficult so I just worked in the studio on Don's Spotlight. Back to work tomorrow. Hmmm may take off because of the foot .. but will talk myself out of that in the morning...maybe:evil:

bnoonan
10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Hello old and new friends. I've been away from WC for quite a while and though I miss all of you, time hasn't permitted the pleasure. I think Facebook became another sucking version of computer time. Perhaps you also have that issue.

I'm also lucky enough to live in a city where I belong to two critique groups so I get feedback that way as well. WC is just so valuable too.

It's good to see familiar faces and so many new ones. I wish you all a few more warmer days before the winter truly sets in. Good health. And lots of time to paint.

My studio in Seattle is still open for visitors and as I begin to teach more and get further into the business of art... there's less time on WC. Keep it going though! It's an excellent resource.

Barb N :)

K Taylor-Green
10-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, we have had some nice sunny weather since the first of the month. And a bit of cooler weather as well. Typical October I guess.

I have some extra painting time this week as I am off Grandma duty. My daughter has some vacation days. Today was the hearing that will give my daughter and son in law legal guardianship over my 14 yr old niece. It is just a formality as no one is contesting it. I think we will all be glad to have it settled. Maybe it will allow Jessi to settle more. I know these things take time and she misses her dad. I also know she is content with her new circumstances. But she did say that it felt like she was on vacation and that she would go home eventually. It doesn't feel like home to her yet. I am hoping that comes sooner than later.

Oh, by the way, I have some pastels listed in the swap shop, in case any of you guys are interested.

CM Neidhofer
10-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Just checking to see if I can actually post after being locked out for so long.

helenh
10-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Hello Everyone - It's been a while since I've posted. Since May my husband and I have been traveling across the U.S. in our motorhome. Currently we are in Phoenix, having started in Maryland, going across the northern part of the country, dipping into Canada, visiting national parks, stopping in California, and now about to make our way east. Painting has been a challenge, although I have a lot of art supplies with me. I took a class last week in figure painting and did most of it with pastels, even though most of the students used oils.

DBfarmgirl
10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Helen- what a great trip! My husband and I hope to travel like that when we retire. I'd love to see every National Park before I die.

Well I lost almost 2 weeks of life due to outpatient surgery with complications. I'm still not right. I haven't done much of anything except sleep. I think when I heal the surgery will help, it's just been a long slow painful recovery.

And then my Mother blesses me with a half bushel of beets. I thought I was done canning. I hope to get those done in a couple of days. It's been a generous year. You never know what the growing season will be like next year.

tulabula
10-31-2012, 03:16 AM
well, I wanted to stop in long enough to tell you all I miss my time on here but I am 100 miles away from home and my pastels caring for my mother who was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I will be here until we can get her into an assisted living home. Just glad she is not in a lot of pain.
Sadly I will not be able to paint and enjoy my new studio until this is over.
I will drop in when I can
Laurie

Shirl Parker
10-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Time for a new chat thread. Click here. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19313113#post19313113)