PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 21 August 2003

soap
08-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Morning everybody!! EJ.......are you awake.......???.....hangover? :D :evil: Hope you had a good time!

Mo is off to set up her exhibition today......wishing her all the luck in the world (as if she'd need it:D)

I am off packing today.....I'll be out of your hair for two whole weeks........ah the relief, I can hear you sigh.....lol.....
I promise to take photos to make you all jealous and might even pack a few pastel sticks and some paper (If I can find some)

Oh, and I need advice.......any Brits here know of a good place to buy a portfolio folder? I'll be needing one soon. Have not got any further than the shop Paperclip. Normal art supplies shops always have those horrible black things.

Hope you'll all having a good time today and in the coming weeks!

byyeeee!

Madder
08-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Have fun Soap! We'll miss you!
Good luck Mo, Wow how exciting! hope you take lots of pics...

I'm doing a pastel of my brother's dog, (yes I'm jumping on the dog wagon) don't know if it'll be any good, first dog for me, just now have made a drawing with a grid. Yes I'm learning from you guys...
Have a nice day all!

angeline
08-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Morning all.........Ohh Mo have a great show!
Sophie........have a fab holiday!Look forward to seeing what youv'e done when you get back.
Ej..........got a hangover hun?.........lol
Ah well I have the kids all day so just about to get them dressed and take them out for lunch with friends. No chance of pasteling today.
have a good day everyone!

Greeble
08-21-2003, 06:50 AM
Have fun, Soap. Bring back pictures and paintings :)

Good luck, Mo (or is it break a ... pastel?)

I feel so guilty. I never should have done it. I was in the michaels
and... there was a SALE and... well.. now I have a big box of
pastel pencils. Maybe I can take them on my trip next week :evil:

Jen

E-J
08-21-2003, 09:28 AM
Awake at 5am and at the office by 8:20, I'll have you know! Alcohol and I are friends from way back ... I'm used to feeling this terrible! ;)

The meal was superb and afterwards a few of us went back home and ended up having an impromptu blues jam ... great fun. I got some cool presents, including a beautiful large solid oak frame. Looking forward to deciding which one of my pastels is going in there.

Today I picked up the custom mount I ordered for my Canadian arctic landscape picture. It's an ivory coloured double mount and looks good ... I will post a picture as soon as I'm all mounted and framed and I've fixed the problem with my laptop which isn't currently allowing me to download any digital pictures :mad:

Break a pastel, Mo! (I like that, Jen :))

Kathryn Wilson
08-21-2003, 09:53 AM
Yeh, Mo, break a pastel!!

Soap: You have a great time - I know you are looking forward to some down time.

E-J: Work, work, did anyone say the word "work"???

Greeble
08-21-2003, 11:07 AM
who said w*rk? I thought the forumn had a filter to star out wirty dirds!

bnoonan
08-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Bye Soap - may the bike offer you great breezes - of course by the time I log on here you're probably off already. Safe trip.

Mo, you probably don't have time to check messages but I wish you the best in this. Have fun and just enjoy and admire your own work. Seeing all hanging in one place is the greatest reward of all.

EJ- I won't shout - know how that hurts the head on mornings like this. There is always the hair of the dog that bit you! I personally can't do it but they tell me...

Speaking of dogs...Madder I do hope you'll share the canine art. I found out there is a dog washing shop near my apartment that has dog portrait art on the walls (not great ones either). They were thrilled about me bringing in some of my own work sometime for portrait commissions. Recommend you all consider doing the same.

Kat, Greeble - no more work words in this forum. We will hereby replace this with "play".... I get to Play this morning.

Hayley - give this one a try at the hospital and see if it works. Never mentioned it but I used to work doing the chemistry and blood analysis in open heart surgeries and other hospital laboratories for a long time. I admire your dedication and can't recall a nicer group of folks to work with. By the way do we get a kid picture again? Love those!

Cracking the whip on myself and heading to the easel to play on this commission. It's got to be done by tomorrow - Yikes!

Barb

nougat
08-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Mo - good luck!!

Sophie - happy hols!

and hello everyone else!!

I've been 'away' for a few days - I was tackling my first nude in oils....sigh no comment....

oh well keep smiling!!

nadine

bnoonan
08-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Nadine - have you posted it on WC? If so, can we go look?

Where is it? Barb

Dark_Shades
08-21-2003, 01:59 PM
yes wishing you all the best of Luck Mo :clap:

Dyin
08-21-2003, 05:45 PM
hey all...
Sophie...have fun...how bout some new ref pics for portraits lol!
Mo...yeah, like that...break a pastel!!!
E-J...haven't got to check all the new posts yet...hope to see your lovely frame job
Nougat...nude???? this way> or that way<????
Barb....quit goofing off and get to work! and good idea on the pet portrait deal....
Jen...not a SALE!!!! lol...have fun with those pencils!

flower
08-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I`m out of touch but just caught up a bit, HEY MO all the best with your show, take lots of pics to show us..........

Soap, happy holiday

E-J I cam symphasise i hope it was worth it lol.....................

Greeting to everyone else see you soon

Mo.
08-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Hiya everyone!... Thanks for all the good wishes, they are very welcomed and needed (Sophie, yes I do need all the luck:) ;):D)

Anyway, it's tomorrow that it all begins...today we were setting up the display, it's been tiring and busy, just some final touches tomorrow and all done....We have a photo shoot with the local press tomorrow at 3.p.m., so better look good I suppose..... well try to.... then the preview is at 5.pm. until 8.p.m.... I pick up the wine , glasses and nibbles tomorrow too and another painting that the framer overlooked.....:D.. I've finished my pirate, going to put him on an easel at the exhibition... off to post it up now for you to see. I'm really , really pleased with him.... Do I sound excited? :D:D

Mo.:)

Dyin
08-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Just saw him Mo...and you have every right to be very, very pleased...he's awesome...and yes, you sound like a girl getting ready for her first date...this will go MUCH better tho lol!!! Take LOTS of pics or make sure you get copies so we can share!!!

Mo.
08-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Okay Mom!!! :D:D

nougat
08-22-2003, 04:24 AM
Mo good luck!!!! can't wait to hear how it was!!!

Barb - haven't quite given up on my nude yet - a few more things to fix.... Then i'll try and post it... cos my camera is still at the shop (:mad: ) and I can't walk around with wet oils to get someone to foto it for me... try and borrow a camera...
It hasn't turned out ANYTHING like I hoped it would so I'm feeling a little dissapointed... oh well hopefully I gained something from it...

nadine

bnoonan
08-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Nadine - can't wait to see it when you're ready to show it. Perhaps putting it away while you wait for the camera will change your mind and you'll actually love it even more - that happens to me frequently.

I'll be traveling again and perhaps will miss it - but do PM me when you post it so I can be sure to find you and your work,

B:D

nougat
08-22-2003, 12:28 PM
thanks for the interest Barb!! I will let you know when its posted... unfortunately the opposite happens to me I think my paintings look worse when I haven't seen them for a while and I wonder how I could ever have liked them!!!:D :( :D :o :o :o

happy hols

nadine