PDA

View Full Version : Adagio...

Tamana
08-20-2003, 11:04 PM
...for Carrots!!! :D
(aka For the love of a fool) :)

I made a suggestion re: one of Pete's collages needing blended in vs. just cut and paste. He referred me to his site (which I'd already seen but hadn't read), for some very interesting reading re: process color mathematics application etc.

So, anyway, I have been wanting to do something that's been toying around in my head but didn't want it to be serious but playful instead!!! So here you go:

11" x 14" Study of Collage: Images just cut out and pasted (:eek: NO BLENDING!!), some enamel and glue and some measurements on cardboard.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Aug-2003/18021-Adagio_For.jpg

hehe :p

Alan Cross
08-21-2003, 01:25 AM
I like it Tam is it covered in plastic?
Alan :)

Tamana
08-21-2003, 08:29 AM
No, it's not saran wrap, it's a glue weave. Normally I spray my pieces with a matte prior to photographing to cut down on the sheen, then I'll revarnish or whatever to gain it back, but this one is special. No matting for it. It will always just shine. :)

Here's some a bit closer hopefully without the glare:

"Romeo oh Romeo!! Wherefore art thou..." (lol)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/18021-Serenade.JPG

Romeo ( :D )

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2003/18021-Listening_Him.JPG

Okay!! I'm just having fun!! Ignore me! :D

blkros
08-21-2003, 08:49 AM
There's a lot to be said for cut and paste. :D

marc
08-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey Tammytam, where do you find all these cool piccies to cut'n'paste? It's fun :D

brushstroked
08-21-2003, 02:16 PM
hahaha....I totally missed the carrots the first time I looked at it. Maybe I thought they were orange Lee press-on nails. :p

It's a comedy and a tragedy, where you laugh so hard that you cry, and you cry so hard that you laugh.

Either way, you're laughing. :D

Well done, Tammy!

axxxel
08-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Tam.. Tam...

This one

astonishes

me

Green under & black all over

Orange

First Class Work

To be honest

As usual

mmk
08-21-2003, 04:58 PM
i like how you've used the carrots :D

Mary Riggs
08-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Carrots and wine and a frog in the same piece? Who da thunk!

This has a whimsical feeling to me, especially the carrots coming out of the trousers of Romeo!

Your glue weaves always add that special touch that says Tamana.

Tamana
08-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Keith: I agree about cut and paste. It was really fun designing this one without worrying about blending etc. Thanks for commenting.
~

Marc: ! Nice to see you back around here! :D EVERYWHERE Marc, EVERYWHERE!! BUT you wouldn't believe!!! It took me two weeks to find THIS many carrot photos!!! They were the hardest thing to find thus far!!! :D Yeps this one was really fun. :) Thanks for popping in!
~

Laura: hahaha - yes, carrots hold a special place in my heart. Ha! re: the stick on nails!! Hadn't thought of that medium yet!! :D Love your take, Laura, i.e. - tragic comedy. "Either way you're laughing." Best medicine of the soul, that laughing is....:) Thanks for your support chica..
~

Axxxel: Wow. Thanks :D. Imma have to make you laugh more often. :) Always watching for your next one.... Thanks for stopping in and commenting. :)
~

mmk: LOL - Thank you!! But, it's NOT what you think!!! (I think, anyway...if you're thinking what I think you're thinking after reading Mary's comment...oh nevermind....I can't do round two today LOL).
~

MARY!! Thank you!!! I SWEAR the carrots are NOT growing out of his trouser legs!!! GRRRRRR bad photos!!! If you'll look at his feet, his stance is such that one leg is behind the other and the oversized trousers are just hiding it!!!! I NEVER even noticed THAT. hahahah My attempt was to just COVER every empty space and more with carrots. lol That's all.
~~

Thanks everyone for your continued support!!!

somerset
08-22-2003, 04:32 PM
What a concept! Step back and take a bow, young lady.

Tamana
08-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Michael!!!

*steps back and takes a bow without slipping on a carrot!!*

Hey hey what are you up to? Been missin' ya round these parts the last few days.. your absence is always felt.