PDA

View Full Version : New Painting

harryduse
08-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi All
This is my first time posting any comments or questions about my work would be appreciated..
Thanks
Harry D
http://dusenbergart.com/buttercup.JPG

artistjan
08-20-2003, 10:36 PM
The work on that tree-stump is spectacular! I like the flowers too but the butterfly doesn't seem so natural - maybe it's that dark outline.

I also get the sense of depth - of looking into a forest.

well done and welcome to the gang ;)

Spyderbabe
08-20-2003, 11:45 PM
Nice work Harry! I agree - great detail on tree and nice background. The butterfly demands a lot of our attention.
The painting has a nice, cool feel to it.

Laura Morena
08-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Hi Harry!
Welcome to Wet Canvas. I thought I would help you post your image on the thread in case someone can't link to your photo. Here it is.

turri
08-21-2003, 01:58 AM
Great work. I do not know what else to say of it. I can almost feel the moisture and coolness of the forest.

shirleyq
08-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Nice work. ....................... I am wondering about your dark areas, or outlines...............are you using a black or paines gray or are you blending with a complimentary color? The latter would give you a more natural appearance................I really can't tell from your post.:) :)

Welcome to wetcanvas. :D

harryduse
08-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Hi All
It nice to be a member of this forum thank you for the kind words
I've only been using Acrylics for about 6 months I worked mostly in oils before that. I realy love the acrylics now what a great medium .. Shirley the outline on the butterfly is black and purple.
Gotta go eat breakfast ..yum yum
HArry D

Patrick1
08-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Harry, this is really cool. It's like something from a fairy tale. I bookmarked your website.