PDA

View Full Version : Scratchboard Skull

Giambologna
06-19-2001, 08:15 PM
just discovered this forum and have really enjoyed looking through some of the posts today so i thought i should contribute something of my own.
this is a scratchboard piece i did around last october. inspiration was obviously all those halloween skulls layin around that time of year. i do a lot in scratchboard and this is probally my simplest piece yet. mostly, i needed some space to practice different techniques but i didn't want to waste a whole board so i just drew a skull and when i was done cleared out all the space.
approx. 5 x 7 on clayboard ampersand scratchboard
i'd love any comments, questions, critque.....etc.
thanks,
kate

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2001/skull.gif

arlene
06-20-2001, 02:59 PM
very cool Kate...I've yet to try scratchboard.

Giambologna
06-20-2001, 03:54 PM
thanks arlene.
you should try it sometime. it's an interesting medium in that you have to think before every scratch since you can't erase
kate

artdude
06-23-2001, 11:37 AM
Hi Giambologna: Really like your scratchboard skull!! I have always wanted to try working with srcatchboard and have seen some AMAZING art works in this medium. Like you said there is no erasing so you must have to plan your drawing well in advance. It's the same way when I work on my inks. Once the pen is laid on the paper there is no going back. Thanks for posting such a wonderful piece. Do you have more?

T-Rex
06-26-2001, 05:51 AM
Well done Kate, I like where you've placed him on the board...spooky,spooky..Halloween is fun......Karen:D :D

Leaflin
07-20-2001, 04:57 PM
I like it Kate :)
I have never tried scratchboard either.
NO eraser.....help! :)

Calleorange
11-10-2001, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Giambologna
just discovered this forum and have really enjoyed looking through some of the posts today so i thought i should contribute something of my own.
this is a scratchboard piece i did around last october. inspiration was obviously all those halloween skulls layin around that time of year. i do a lot in scratchboard and this is probally my simplest piece yet. mostly, i needed some space to practice different techniques but i didn't want to waste a whole board so i just drew a skull and when i was done cleared out all the space.
approx. 5 x 7 on clayboard ampersand scratchboard
i'd love any comments, questions, critque.....etc.
thanks,
kate

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2001/skull.gif

animal
11-10-2001, 10:57 PM
Great Skull. I also haven`t tried scratchboard either.