PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get perky

jadang
08-20-2003, 11:34 AM
I know it seems hard to understand, ;) but my paintings tend to be broody and introspective. Here's a stab at perky, a small step I admit, and perhaps not even close. . . .
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Aug-2003/7058-tennisplayer.jpg
30 x 40", o/c
Here's a detail:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Aug-2003/7058-tennisplayerdetail.jpg

Bisco
08-20-2003, 12:45 PM
The solitude/broodiness seems amplified by the "perky" attributes showing a complexity (which I like) that your other works, (which are more raw) dont have. I dont know if this was what you were trying to achieve but its done well. Id like to see more in this nature.

Fagan
08-20-2003, 01:54 PM
I absolutely LOVE your work!! I visited your website and was amazed at the volume of work you had posted. Each one told a story and captivated my imagination. Thank you for sharing!

On this painting....I love everything about it except for one thing. The hand coming toward the viewer should be larger than the shoulder and arm it is attached to. unless.....this was intentional..?

Tamana
08-20-2003, 02:14 PM
This is a wonderful palette, especially that peach of ball and skin nector and brush of horizon. She's definitely got something other than tennis on her mind, which I think is very difficult to capture as you have.

What I find even more amazing, is that you actually strived for, and achieved it. If I strive for anything I lose it. I have to just let it happen, but, I suppose that's the difference in a seasoned artist who is comfortable with the process verses someone new like me. It's like worn leather becoming comfortable over time.

Well done, jadang.

surreal
08-20-2003, 07:45 PM
I like this painting enormously.
Everything about it works. :D

It aint perky though!
;)

PALudeking
08-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Wow A great expression on the face and a hard angle to get too......you really can believe she is one with the moment!!!

I use a bright pallette myself for the most part but that shouldnt mean I have to paint people smiling and petting cats!!!

as long as you paint like this, paint anything you want!!

jadang
08-20-2003, 09:24 PM
I might explain...this topic and my attitude toward perky are a bit tongue in cheek. A gallery owner in a fun vacation spot likes my work and wants to show it. However, my normal angst-filled viewpoint may not be saleable or bring in customers to this particular gallery. The owner has suggested happy colors and perky pictures, so... maybe I am just letting off a little steam. I'll keep working on perky, though.

Mybubblewall
08-21-2003, 11:25 AM
I really have to say it.... SCREW THE GALLERY!! .... just how i feel about this. I have no gallery selling experience so maybe don't listen to me. Sell your paintings, but not your soul. If one gallery doesn't like what you have to say in your paintings, I'm sure there are many who will. We all love your work, don't change to please the buying public. :(