PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian Lineup

Marty C
08-20-2003, 03:39 AM
Hi All.
This is the sort of scene on many Indonesian islands facing the Indian Ocean and one to gladden the hearts of surfers who travel extensively to find just such a scene. This is 90 by 30cm on MDF. Any comments or critiques are most welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Aug-2003/16809-Island_Lineup1.JPG

turri
08-20-2003, 03:56 AM
Good picture. I like the blue colours you have used, although I would like to see lower left corner as a little lighter. It somehow seems too dark to me. Also I am not sure how the foam near the beach behave in the real life. My opinion is that there is little too much foam between waves. But those palms in the background are great. I would like to hang this one onto my wall :)

talkingbanana
08-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Looks great. :cool:

One question - don't waves usually travel towards the beach, not perpendicular to it? Also, the abrupt cut off of the foam is bugging me a bit.

I love the colors! :D

Marty C
08-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the comments. The direction of waves is dependent on the direction of the swell and the lay of the ground it encounters. In many island situations the swell wraps around the island, the net effect being the waves travel down the island instead of coming in parallel to the shore. I've tried to show that effect here, with a bit of exaggeration.

fletch
08-21-2003, 03:34 PM
OH to be a surf bum...:D
Nice job...:clap: