PDA

View Full Version : Last Night's Damage

Tamana
08-19-2003, 06:50 PM
12" x 12" Acrylic, Childhood photo, Dusty Rose Leaves, Wax, Staining Medium (Amber & Clear), on wood.

Wet Dream:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2003/18021-Moon_in_The_Sun.JPG

Closer:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2003/18021-The_side_of_dreams.JPG

Waiting:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2003/18021-Midnight_Ride.JPG

Dusty Rose Leaves & a bowl:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2003/18021-Dusty_Rose_Leaves.JPG

blkros
08-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Summer berries, and flowers on one side, and autumn on the other.
This is not a restful piece.

mmk
08-19-2003, 09:04 PM
i get the feeling of "self and other" from this. the "other" envelops the self like a fish in water.

inkskin
08-19-2003, 09:57 PM
This is very unsettling to me. I see glimpses of the child peeking out from layers of turbulence,maybe turmoil.The colors give me that feeling as well.
Is it very heavy?

Pete Hubbard
08-19-2003, 11:41 PM
All your work is very emotional. Digging deep and coming up with very intriguing and original stuff.

It's like listening to music by Harry Partch. You have to forget everything and start over.

I like it.

Dahzl
08-20-2003, 04:38 AM
I don't know - maybe I am way off the mark but I see a child running toward an enchanted ' teeming ' jewelled forest - her face in the opening appears relaxed and happy - innocent and oblivious to any possible lurking dangers.
The 'inner child ' in us allows us to break away from self imposed 'safe' boundaries to play, explore and experience- 'Everything' that life has to offer us. Too many of us close that door through fear of change or fear of ' the new' and so we hold ourselves back from so many wonderful potential possibilities for growth ..

I see you Tam running towards all possibilities in life with open arms and a wonderously open mind :D

Yet another beautiful Gem Tam.

Cheers Dahzl xx

Veronica
08-20-2003, 05:28 AM
Tam this feels intensely personal to me. Innocence laced with impending doom.
I could be totally off. I choose to believe it is a catharsis for healing, reconciliation and healing. Stirring. You are so totally one with this medium.

arourapope
08-20-2003, 08:05 AM
I see a faerie tale. I always look forward to seeing what you've cooked up when I open a new post of yours. I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see your process someday.

Tamana
08-20-2003, 10:01 AM
blkros: Good catch on the Autumnal approach. It's my favoritest season ever, especially in the mountains of NC, where the colors take your breath away. :) Thanks for responding.
~

mmk: Touche' on the "envelops." Sometimes the world spins around us and all we can do is stand still and wait. :) Thanks for your input.
~

Heather: No no. She's a light little thing. Rose leaves aren't heavy at all. No need to fear turbulent nightmares, Heather. Even in fairie tales there's ALWAYS the scary part where you close your eyes, but everything ALWAYS works out fine. :) Thank you for seeing.
~

Pete: Harry Patch?! :D What a unique perspective and mucho appreciated. I am working on one re: the non-blending of collage elements as per your referrals. Good reading. I'm almost finished. Thanks for understanding. :)
~

Daaaahhhzzzzz: I love you. Too bad we were separated at birth. :) The forest can be scary and overwhelming sometimes - but always beautiful. I'm running as fast as I can here..;) , just in too big of a hurry sometimes and keep tripping. :D

I've feared a lot of things in my life, but art is NOT one of them. It can be as limited as you take it, or as limitless as you will allow it to take you. I choose to follow. :) Thanks for your support loverly.
~

Veronica: Excellent intuition there, i.e. - reconciliation & healing. :) It all starts with self, doesn't it? I love this medium because it's infinite in its possibilities. I am not afraid to throw ANYTHING on. If I don't like it I scrape it and it normally produces something I am totally shocked about in return because I wasn't even expecting the result, thus it leads me in a totally different direction. THIS is when you stop creating, and start listening and following something beyond self: something that can't be explained.

I have yet to trash a piece because I screwed it up. Something ALWAYS adjusts it. Thank you for being here and a part of.
~

Aurora: "Once upon a time..." Get out of my head, girlie. ;) You're going to be MORE than a fly on the wall when I come to Asheville and we team up: you with that exquisite palette knife and me with my toiletries and scrap collection from trash sites!!! :D

Thanks, Aurora - love you being with me.
~

Thanks all - much appreciation for your encouraging support. Love & blessings...

brushstroked
08-21-2003, 04:19 PM
The roses are bleeding. :(

I love the golden coach waiting at the bottom. I wonder where it will go........and when.....

So much emotion in this one! It must hold a special place in your heart.

Tamana
08-21-2003, 06:33 PM
You're in my mind sometimes, Laura. YES the roses are bleeding. This was a combo sort-of of fairie tales and stories, one being the origin of red roses stemming from the "Legend of the Nightingale."

You even caught the carriage, Miss Cinderella. ;) A carriage always awaits us even after midnight (as you'll notice by the clock top left;) ). Nothing turns to dust except in our mind.

Thanks always for supporting & encouraging. Mucho lovo to ya!

paintergirl
08-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by aurorapope
I see a faerie tale. I always look forward to seeing what you've cooked up when I open a new post of yours. I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see your process someday.

Me too Aurora...
Subtle but nagging chant to be heard resonating throughout the forum...Tam, do a WIP................... :D

I get intensity in the environment but the child looks peaceful...

Tamana
08-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Jewels!! Thank ya agin' ma'am. You know the overall gist of this piece was that dreams don't have to end at midnight but can go on long after you wake up. Life IS a carriage ride :)

Oi I AM doing a WIP!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126005

Purrchiate your input, Jewels!!
~

somerset
08-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Wet dream. Apt title. Wonderfull to be able to start all over again and bring the benefit of your experience and knowledge. What we could do then! Or am I seeing a little too much? Anyway, I like it!

Tamana
08-23-2003, 01:57 AM
not seeing too much a'tall. Not a'tall. :)

Imma almost there you know. :)

Thanks for encouraging.

paintergirl
08-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Found your WIP :D Thanks for posting it, your work is inspiring!

Tamana
08-24-2003, 02:46 PM
YOU are inspiring dahhlin'!! ;)