06-19-2001, 03:44 PM
I repainted this looks kina bright to me but check it out:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2001/Tide3.jpg

Thanks for looking
Chris

Kandiman
06-19-2001, 07:17 PM
Nice piece, Chris! :D
I really like the movement you've shown in the water. I can almost see the things bobbing back and forth! :D

fink
06-19-2001, 08:17 PM
Nice painting - love the sky!

Rod
06-19-2001, 08:22 PM
Lovely warm sky, you have acheived distance with the cool colours of the hills. Eye level and persective is good. The pools in the sand with reflections add a nice touch. Would like to suggest that you add some shadow darks at the base of the boat it will cement it better to the sand.
Rod.

chris45
06-19-2001, 11:39 PM
I thank all of you for looking at my pictures I am le`arning as I paint I am 49 and this is the first year I have ever painted any thing other than the walls in my house. I needed to find some therapy after having a heart attack and my wife suggested taking up drawing and painting. I have had a 2 week course in watercolors back in feb of this year. I really am beginning to like my work more as I progress I have a lot of pix in my head I would like to paint so I will keep at it.
Thank you all for all of the advice given.
Chris

JaneS
06-20-2001, 02:59 AM
Nice reflections in the water! Also, has good eye movement throughout IMO. :)

TeAnne
06-20-2001, 08:22 AM
I like the colours Chris. Sometimes I think some works call for brith water colours. Maybe. :D

Rosebud
06-20-2001, 08:39 AM
Chris,
:clap: Hooray for you:clap:
It's amazing how many people find their art later in life.
I too had painted nothing but walls until 3 1/2 years ago, when I took a beginning watercolor class. A lifelong desire EXPLODED !

Keep it up...looking great :cool:

Fellow "late" artist...Rosebud

BobH
06-20-2001, 12:41 PM
Chris, the painting is great. In particular I like the sky and the puddles. Agree with Rod about the need for shadows (of course, after looking at Rod's paintings he could tell me to paint with my nose and I'd try it!! ;) )

I too, have come to painting later in life. I've painted plenty of walls, inside and out. And I've done a lot of stencilling (actually made a couple of bucks that way when I was out of work a while ago). I've found I love painting with watercolors. So much so that my wife might throttle me if I don't control it on the weekends and actually get some chores done!!

And this place is the best. I was very intimidated about posting work. After all, my work compared to Rod's or Carol's or any of dozens of others is like a tricycle being compared to a Ferrari. But these folks are the most friendly and helpful group you could ever hope to find!

Welcome to WC. And let's see your stuff!!

Bob

ameliajordan
06-20-2001, 02:56 PM
You started sooner than me. I first painted 3 years ago at 53 and enjoy it more and more. I like your composition - keep painting :)

Javier
06-20-2001, 04:40 PM
Really like you subject choice. For me watercolours were made for paintings of the sea and sea related things:boats, lighthouses, shore lines and so on. Very nice composition. In hind sight would you have let the boat lean over?

j

Rod
06-20-2001, 08:28 PM
Guess most of us were late starters , I started at 52,
I am a member of two art societys where most are 50 +,
Rod.

rsmak
06-20-2001, 09:07 PM
Beautiful!
rosanna

taghera
06-21-2001, 12:39 AM
Good work Chris, just do as Rod says about the bottom of the boat, well done. :)

lonie
06-21-2001, 07:48 AM
This is so restful and the sky especially is beautiful. You've done really well for someone who only started painting this year.
Lonie:)

Reye
06-22-2001, 10:41 AM
Why is is as we get older we become artistic??? because we have or make time for it and it comes rushing forward....nice work!!! Lots of people in the same boat...no pun intended.
Jerry:clap: