PDA

View Full Version : rainbird, acrylic/masonite, 12x12 in., 2003

AmyH
08-19-2003, 03:53 PM
had a good morning. a really wonderful person came by my studio and bought two paintings. she also is renting one from the seattle art museum's gallery, and intends to purchase it also. anyhow here is one of them...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2003/1421-rainbirdwc.jpg

Tamana
08-19-2003, 04:09 PM
I like this style. I can't wait to try masonite. Symbolism here.

Raven (many forget that one). Dove. Olive leaf.

kelly
08-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Stellar.

james.bishop
08-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Congrats Amy, indeed a good morning.

Rainbird speaks to me of late summer become autumn, of inevitability, and hope. Love those colours. :)

The leaves around my place are already brown and carpeting the sidewalks. It's been too hot, need some rain!

James

blkros
08-19-2003, 08:54 PM
An awkward bird, in a beautiful painting. I reminds me of loss.

SanDL
08-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Color! Sort of conciliatory and less acerbic than the works I had looked at before; I have not seen your work in a while.

mmk
08-19-2003, 08:55 PM
love the colors.

to me they are as much the subject as the bird.

mame
08-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Right on down the line.

Veronica
08-20-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by kelly
Stellar.

Ditto.

arourapope
08-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Well yay!!! It's great to see an Amyh again too. I love the golds against the darkness of the bird. Very dynamic and arresting. It's one that makes you ponder.
And I have a 'thing' about crows, you know.

AmyH
08-21-2003, 12:01 PM
thanks for the comments everyone

tam, masonite is great. it is all I would use if not for lack of storage. canvas stores the best.

kelly :)

james, too hot here lately too, though i cant believe I am saying that.

san, I recently calibrated my monitor to match my printer, its possible the stuff you saw before wasnt correct (or now)...the nature of computer viewings. though my color does jump about.

blkros, yes, akward, that is my word, has been most my life...perfect analysis, akwardness and imperfection rule.

veronica, :)

aurora, thanks. trepidation about posting, ya know. :confused:

Mybubblewall
08-21-2003, 12:07 PM
I recently calibrated my monitor to match my printer

How exactly would a person do that? My screen is way out.

AmyH
08-21-2003, 12:53 PM
in the settings there is a control panel. your should find a "display" or some such named entity. once you find your monitor software (mine is VANTA) you can alter the gamma, red, green, blue, brightness, etc.

open a pic on your computer of your art. make it match as close as possible to your artwork if you havent already. then print it. if your print is drastically off, go into the monitor software and adjust it to match your printout. ie if the print is washed out and too red, make the pic in the monitor software they supply; to adjust the settings, washed out, and too red. then go back to your image. it now should match the print out somewhat though "off" since you just adjusted the monitor. now adjust your pic, via the image software you use ( I use the stuff that came with my digi camera) to match your artwork. now print it out. it should look much closer. do this til its pretty close (you wont get and exact match obviously; your going from reality, to monitor, to paper, but you can get a reasonable facsimile that doesnt involve constant adjusting and frustration, just a little :D.

hope that helps, works for you.

amy

AmyH
08-21-2003, 12:56 PM
ps. forgot to mention, its best to do this with full ink cartridges, and the printer set to manufacturer settings (medium). if the ink is low, or settings are altered considerably (high contrast, heavy ink etc.) the adjustments will be off.

ronaldb
09-11-2003, 02:31 AM
i like it amy