PDA

View Full Version : First acrylic painting

Lady Rando
08-19-2003, 12:00 PM
I decided that I want to give painting a try. Almost all of my work is in sculpture. I picked acrylic as the medium I wanted to try.

I painted this for my Mom's birthday and gave it to her last night. She loved it.

It is an 8 x 10. The picture doesn't some of the detail, someday I'll figure out how to take pics of paintings.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Aug-2003/22248-Pelican_Painting_1a.jpg

turri
08-19-2003, 03:09 PM
No wonder she liked it. It is well done, but somehow I feel that I would like it more if more of the bird would be shown. Details are great and that peaceful blue background does not interfere with the main subject.

gnu
08-19-2003, 04:53 PM
wonderful painting..first second or otherwise!! I just love how you amnaged to keep the lines and colours clean, and that startling background colour..
I like the crop focussing on just the bird..more more..:) :clap: :clap:
Gill

Ivyleaf
08-20-2003, 01:12 AM
Very colorful, I can see why your Mom liked it!

Now you must be pulling our legs, your first? :D Keep up the great work and I'm with gnu, you should do more!

:) :) :)
Ivy

Laura Morena
08-20-2003, 01:41 AM
First try? Wow! I like the composition. Can you turn off the date indicator on your camera when shooting art?

Lady Rando
08-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Thank you everyone for looking and commenting on my painting. It was both frustrating and fun and a good learning experience. (They all are .....;) ) I find painting to be more of a challenge than sculpting. With sculpting my hands just seem to know what to do but with painting I really get a mental workout. I like that, it makes me stretch and get out of my comfort zone.

I will definitely paint more.

My hubby Randy took the pic and he always forgets to turn off the date. :rolleyes: I tell him it's okay, the date shows when I created it. :D