PDA

View Full Version : new poster -

mgirdwood
06-19-2001, 09:05 AM
Literal here is my version of the same pic as you posted earlier, please be gentle as this only the 3rd painting i had done. finished 4 more since then all copies from his book or a chap called david bellamy.

Studio224
06-19-2001, 10:25 AM
Hi,

colors are nice and so is the peaceful atmosphere that you have rendered well. My only advice would be to add some contrasts in there. Some shadows? More darks, otherwise you have done well!

Anne-Claire

Kandiman
06-19-2001, 10:32 AM
Very nice :D
I like the feeling of tranquility :)

Rosebud
06-19-2001, 10:37 AM
:clap: Bravo:clap:

Good Start...
Good composition and great sky.
I agree that a little more darks would make things pop and look more lively.
I was afraid of the darks when I first started watercolor.
Try it !

;) Rosebud

mgirdwood
06-19-2001, 11:01 AM
Thanks all for the kind thoughts, i posted the first one to show the difference between two peoples interperation of the same painting. (ie Literals previous post)

Literal - did you do any of the others in the book ?

here is the next one in the sequence -

Rod
06-19-2001, 08:41 PM
I'm a great fan of David Bellamy . I agree with some more darks even though I know Bellamys painting are not highly contrasted.
I would also have let the path dissappear completely as it curved to the left, it tends to lead the eye out of the painting .
Rod.

Leaflin
06-23-2001, 08:31 AM
Glad I stoped in.
Both of these are lovely.
I agree with Rod about the path.

Reye
06-24-2001, 11:42 AM
Nice paintings....
Believe everything that Rod says! He is a very sharing person.
Jerry

sun_merman
06-24-2001, 12:21 PM
I love the sky! Nicely done tree too!

lonie
06-27-2001, 05:05 AM
I love your paintings - especially the one of the boat. It has a lovely transparent effect and the reflections are great.

Lonie :clap:

ameliajordan
06-27-2001, 07:45 AM
Nice work. I agree with the above comments about the path and contrast. Since your beginning, how about drawing out the house picture and without looking at the book try the painting with lots of values. See how dark you can push the shadows and use the paper for some of the lightest lights. You may later decide that you want to be a high key painter but I think you will learn from doing some studies in full value contrast.

bbbilly1326
06-27-2001, 02:14 PM
Great work for only a 3rd painting! Agree with all other comments. Looks like you have lots of talent.

Bill

literal
06-27-2001, 08:33 PM
An excellent rendition.. isn't it interesting how differently we interpret colour (though that could be materials?)

I haven't done any of the others in the book but might have a bash at one of them after seeing your excellent efforts.

I agree with other peoples comments about darks and contrasts.

Do experiment with Darks. I am doing exactly that and am starting to feel that I have some idea of what I consider too dark/opaque.

Keep up the excellent work.

Mark