PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2003

deevaa
08-17-2003, 08:13 PM
in honour of spring arriving in Australia:

August, 2003
acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas.
18 x 14 inches

I was going to paint purple/pinkish flowers on her blouse, or maybe add a necklace, but I'm scared that Mum (Tamana) might say it was too gaudy.... (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125271) :p

Tamana
08-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Deeeeeva!!! She's breathtaking!! That pink wisp carried across her cheeks to lips is beautiful!! And that neck!!! Long and natural (unobstructed by gawdiness ;) )

She looks like Spring. :) Blooming.

heh
08-17-2003, 08:17 PM
ahh spring
i can smell it on her
almost there
lovely one
bright against the dark
a little flower opening
*sniffs*

deevaa
08-17-2003, 10:23 PM
I'm so tempted to put *something* in the right hand curve of her neck...... so very tempted.....

Tamana
08-17-2003, 10:38 PM
:angel:

Dahzl
08-18-2003, 01:08 AM
No No No ! :confused: Please leave her as she is :D Beautiful simple and pure - Spring personified. The elongation reminds me a little of Modigliani's style. :D

Lovely!! :D

Cheers Dahzl :D

Ahhh... Spring has Sprung !! :clap:

Veronica
08-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Spring has arrived, very nice. Your work is all yours, even I can instantly make the association & that is a good thing.

Mary Riggs
08-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Simply lovely.;)

arourapope
08-18-2003, 03:43 PM
She's beautiful!

jolie
08-18-2003, 07:01 PM
this is a beautiful piece of work. i agree with everyone that her simple style works well, however, i also like the idea of a flower or flowers somewhere...maybe one in her hair, or a tiny, dainty necklace of flowers to emphasize that graceful neck, or your idea of flowers on her shirt. it sounds like most everyone disagrees, but i feel if your instinct is telling you to add something, perhaps you should. whatever you decide, i'm sure she'll still be lovely!

jolie

deevaa
08-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by jolie
this is a beautiful piece of work. i agree with everyone that her simple style works well, however, i also like the idea of a flower or flowers somewhere...maybe one in her hair, or a tiny, dainty necklace of flowers to emphasize that graceful neck, or your idea of flowers on her shirt. it sounds like most everyone disagrees, but i feel if your instinct is telling you to add something, perhaps you should. whatever you decide, i'm sure she'll still be lovely!

jolie

I got the inspiration for the green from two places... firstly, a pale pale green shawl with red poppies that salma hayek wore in 'Frida' (I was watching the video when I sketched this out) and secondly from the bowl/dinnerware that I've just brought for our new dining room table...

so, I'm not sure if my instinct is saying "flowers" because of the shawl, or because of the empty space.... or because of the earlier painting I did....

but it's good to know Jolie that if I add a flower/s that you'll back me up when the critics (read Tamana :D ) attacks me... ;)

heh
08-18-2003, 11:21 PM
thats one groovy bowl

deevaa
08-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by heh
thats one groovy bowl

thanks! its a bit retro.. but I like it... the big plates are too big for our dishwasher, so my fella wouldn't let me buy the whole set, so instead we have 3 large plates that I use as serving dishes and 6 'bread and butter plates' that we use as the dinner plates.... they are only smaller than regular dinner plates by an inch or so!

Tamana
08-18-2003, 11:35 PM
I oppose "gawdiness", not dainty tastefulness. As a matter of fact, tiny red flowers on that green shirt would be divine! Baby's breath are divine. Tiny roses are divine. Huge crysanthemums or hibiscus protruding from the skull or neck as a boil or tumor are NOT. lol They distract from her natural beauty, not enhance it.

repeats: TINY ;)

I have no doubt she'll come back with a hawaiian one now. :|

AND Jolie...haven't you got RAVEN BLUE hair to paint?!!!

deevaa
08-18-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Tamana
I oppose "gawdiness", not dainty tastefulness. As a matter of fact, tiny red flowers on that green shirt would be divine! Baby's breath are divine. Tiny roses are divine. Huge crysanthemums or hibiscus protruding from the skull or neck as a boil or tumor are NOT. lol They distract from her natural beauty, not enhance it.

repeats: TINY ;)

I have no doubt she'll come back with a hawaiian one now. :|

AND Jolie...haven't you got RAVEN BLUE hair to paint?!!!

you are sooooo bossy!

Baby's breath is SO 80's.

Tamana
08-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Elegance never goes out of style.

:D

deevaa
08-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Elegance never goes out of style.

:D

*coughing* elegance might not, but Baby's breath did. :D

Tamana
08-19-2003, 12:09 AM
there are always..... pearls. :p

deevaa
08-19-2003, 12:13 AM
there are always..... pearls. :p

... and spiral perms, and doing the locomotion.

Tamana
08-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Kiwis know about the locomotion?!

I would've never imagined. "Train roll on..."

to bed....zzzzzz