PDA

View Full Version : Question

Winny Kerr
09-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for some advice. A good friend, who is a wonderful professional photographer, who wants to know where in New Mexico his work could be best shown. He lives in Australia and his partner is coming to the States. Any idea's? He is a professional photographer for the "Outback Magazine" and travels all over the Australian Outback. This is what he asked me;

Hi Winny and thanks for the continued support.
I don't know if you have any suggestions for an opportunity that might arise late next month.
My partner, Rosie is going to a conference in California next months and then going on to see her sister in Phoenix.
I won't be making the trip - October to the end of May is my most productive time and I am looking for a new project to start.
We have been talking about her going to Santa Fe which we have heard is a big arts centre.
I am particularly interested in taking my Lake Eyre exhibition out of Australia because of its uniqueness and from the reaction I have received here.
I have had a look at the sites for galleries in Santa Fe but haven't a clue which ones deal in photography, which ones are likely to be reputable etc.
In fact it is very confusing and a little scary.
Maybe it is a dream that's not worth pursuing.
However if you have any information that might help me make up my mind I would be grateful to hear from you.
kind regards
Peter

Would love to hear from anyone who has had some experience in this field.

Winny

smudged-blue
09-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't have any suggestions as I also live in Australia, but maybe post this question over in the photography forum (if you haven't already) they may be able to help also.

Winny Kerr
09-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Great idea "smudged-blue", nice to meet an other Australian. My hubby is Australian...love that country. Thanks again.

CM Neidhofer
09-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for some advice. A good friend, who is a wonderful professional photographer, who wants to know where in New Mexico his work could be best shown. He lives in Australia and his partner is coming to the States. Any idea's? He is a professional photographer for the "Outback Magazine" and travels all over the Australian Outback. This is what he asked me;

Hi Winny and thanks for the continued support.
I don't know if you have any suggestions for an opportunity that might arise late next month.
My partner, Rosie is going to a conference in California next months and then going on to see her sister in Phoenix.
I won't be making the trip - October to the end of May is my most productive time and I am looking for a new project to start.
We have been talking about her going to Santa Fe which we have heard is a big arts centre.
I am particularly interested in taking my Lake Eyre exhibition out of Australia because of its uniqueness and from the reaction I have received here.
I have had a look at the sites for galleries in Santa Fe but haven't a clue which ones deal in photography, which ones are likely to be reputable etc.
In fact it is very confusing and a little scary.
Maybe it is a dream that's not worth pursuing.
However if you have any information that might help me make up my mind I would be grateful to hear from you.
kind regards
Peter

Would love to hear from anyone who has had some experience in this field.

Winny

I did a quick search of photography galleris in Santa Fe. Here's a link to the first page of results:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=photography%20galleries%20santa%20fe&PQ=photography%20galleries%20santa%20fe&SP=1&QS=AS&SK=&sc=1-30&form=HPDTSS&pc=HPDTDF

Studio-1-F
09-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Wow. That's some question! (Particularly for the pastels forum, but what the heck. :thumbsup: )

Anyway, as I understand it, Santa Fe is the headquarters of traditional art in New Mexico, and Canyon Road is the Santa Fe epicenter for traditional art galleries.

-- Here is a list of all the Canyon Road galleries that specialize in photography. (http://canyonroadarts.com/galleries/index.html#photo)
-- Here is a list of non-Canyon Road photography galleries. (http://canyonroadarts.com/othergall/index.html#photo)

I imagine all of these galleries are set up to accept digital portfolios from prospective artists, so no need for Peter to travel there. Yet! (Good luck with this. I have seen some very good and very interesting stuff at flea markets in small towns around Santa Fe, and hanging in in-town coffee shops and restaurants. I imagine that "traditional" Santa Fe is a tough art nut to crack.)

Hope this helps!

Jan