PDA

View Full Version : Daily scrumble 16/8

angeline
08-16-2003, 04:24 AM
Well morning all............was going to do some pasteling last night.........but fell asleep with ethan!......lol
I went and got my hair cut yesterday......shoulder length layered bob 'type' cut. I'm fed up of always having to have my hair tied back!
I'm back in work tonight.....for 4 nights. not sure I will get anytime at work to do anything the way staffing has been of late!
I miss not getting my hands dirty now.......
Thanks for all the kind wishes.
Dawn.........glad to see you back here and on form I see!:evil:
Mo.......glad things are going well for you.
Barb........well done on the show.......it looked good!
Sophie........hope you get that bike soon!
It's a lovely sunny day here.
Have a good one.

Dark_Shades
08-16-2003, 04:35 AM
Hi Hayley........ dont work too hard...... your hair sounds lovely.... so wheres a pic of it then...... no excuse with your new phone.

Went out last night to a pub with some of my ex co-workers to a Karoke night ..... and noooooooo I didnt sing, lol I just laugh at the others who do hee hee...... mind you I am an absolute fantastic singer when singing in my head :D . The last remaining few who are leaving my old company have arranged a Motown Night in a hotel in September........ so I could end up singing ha ha ha...... should be a great nigh..... Regardless lolol

Sunny here again today....... but FINALLY getting cooler....... phew!! .......... dont know what Im doing over the weekend...... just pottering around

angeline
08-16-2003, 04:53 AM
i'm afraid I might break the camera if i do it right now! will take a snap when i'm awake and dressed ok!
karokee can be so much fun!........as long as I don't sing!........lol........ooooooohhhhhhh i love mowtown!

christmascarolnz
08-16-2003, 06:10 AM
Hi there. Karoke...I've never had a go, but I love to sing. I'm a folkie at heart.
Hayley, do you find yourself trying to gather up your hair from your back when you're washing it? I had that when I had my hair cut off years ago. It was weird.
Man oh man I've had a fried brain lately staring at the screen here and checking out digital camera reviews. So much info, so little space in my brain! Then after installing Norton Systemworks my computer blew a foo foo valve and when I took it to a friend to have a look at, it blew up! Well, just the power supply, -too much dust! What should anyone expect when I live in a rammed earth home? To think I dreamed of something that would be a nice easy place to keep clean. eeeeh Wrong answer!
Today I found poor Lizzy, our goose, drowned in the swimming trough. She couldn't get out - she's never been quite the full picnic, but a sweet character on the whole. Her mate, Geoffry, was sitting by the trough faithfully. When geese loose their mates it's really rather heart-breaking. Lizzie's body is out by her grave and Geoffry is sitting close by ready to defend her. We'll have the funeral in the morning. I put some photos of Geoffry in the Image library.
Tomorrow my nephew arrives in from Detroit. I hope he didn't get caught with those black-outs we've heard about.
Tally ho,
Carol

Dark_Shades
08-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by christmascarolnz
Today I found poor Lizzy, our goose, drowned in the swimming trough. She couldn't get out - she's never been quite the full picnic, but a sweet character on the whole. Her mate, Geoffry, was sitting by the trough faithfully. When geese loose their mates it's really rather heart-breaking. Lizzie's body is out by her grave and Geoffry is sitting close by ready to defend her. We'll have the funeral in the morning. I put some photos of Geoffry in the Image library.

awwwww.... thats soooooo sad :crying:

Mo.
08-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Hayley hope you have a well earned break from your duties soon... with lots of time to relax and paint, your hair sounds very nice, must have mine chopped next week too. :).... sounds like you hadloads of fun last night Dawn......I also have a beautiful singing voice in my head, outside it sounds like a strangled cat. :D

Carol that's so sad about your goose... but how come she drowned?.....couldn't she fly out or just paddle in the water....:confused:

I must catch up on long overdue household chores today, then hopefully do some painting.

Have a good weekend everyone, whatever it is you are doing.

Mo.:)

Dyin
08-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Aww, Carol, that is sad...yeah, geese mate for life, at least Canadian Geese do....perhaps she had a heart attack in the water...good of you to love her even if she wasn't quite the full picnic...
Hi Dawn, Angel, Mo..I sing in my head great too...screeching frog outside lol!

nougat
08-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi all!!!

Its great when you get a new hairstyle that you like!! Come on Hayley - SHOW US!!

So sorry about your goose Carol.

So glad to have you back with us Dawn.

I too have a wonderful voice....why's everyone got their fingers in their ears???????
No folk songs or Motown for me tho - I luv Queen!!!

nadine

Mo.
08-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by nougat
No folk songs or Motown for me tho - I luv Queen!!!

nadine

Me too! :D

bnoonan
08-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Carol,

I'm so sorry about Lizzy and yet the story is heartwarming about her mate sitting by her side and guarding her. Gotta love that kind of unconditional devotion! PS: Thoroughly enjoyed the picnic comment - haven't heard that one before but it surely is descriptive.

Whenever I see a message from you in NZ I reflect on my fabulous one month backpacking trip and smile. Sorry it's so chilly there now but ask your nephew about the Detroit weather and you'll be smiling. Best of luck on the camera search too. I personally love my Nikon Coolpix 5700.

Hayley - enjoy the swish of the hair when you turn your head quick - it's always fun to have a new hair do!

Dawn - can't wait till WC gets audio so we can hear your singing!!!

Mo - have fun painting and remember to relax a bit before this show.

Nadine - Can you sing as well as I can when I'm in the shower??? I've been asked by my siblings what I did with money when I obviously didn't go to those singing lessons.

As for me... I'll take some good Country & Western music, and also PINK - I'm coming out and you better get this party started.... It keeps me hopping at the easel.

Off to the farmers market for a few fresh purchases. Wish I could take all of you along.

Barb

christmascarolnz
08-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Oh thanks everyone for your sympathy. I think the saying really is "a few sandwiches short of a picnic". (But I can't stand picnics - it's always the female who has to do EVERYTHING)
Lizzy couldn't fly very well - actually not at all - she had an interesting gait. The water in their old sunken bath tub wasn't up to the brim so she couldn't flap out of it very well. I feel so stink I wasn't there. Geoffry's still out by the grave, and so is Sir Walter our muscovy drake who desired her as well.
We had George and Mildred geese - but Mildred passed away as well a couple of years ago. We planted a dogwood tree for her and Lizzie is going under the crab apple.
We plant trees as memorials. hmmm getting a few now:(
On a brighter note - in between the rain showers the sun is shining brightly! One could take a 'life' moment from that.
See ya,
Carol

Dyin
08-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Aww, don't feel bad, it's not something that you did...she sounds like she was a corker and lovely that you plant memorial trees...and glad the sun is shining for you...

Mo.
08-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, an expression I use a lot... same thing....So sorry Carol about poor lizzie, but had to smile to hear she was in demand... I just wonder still why she just didn't sit there on the water until help came along.... but maybe she panicked too much.:(... you musn't blame yourself either... it was meant to be... Awww poor Geoffry.. hope he doesn't pine too much.:(

I've started a new painting last night, did some more tonight...about 3 hours work so far... I'm painting .... Johnny Depp... Pirates of the Caribbean.... I've just taken stock of it and I've messed up the eyes...so will have to scrape back tomorrow and redo them, all in all though pleased with how it's going...I'm doing this for practice to get my hand back into portraits... been away from them far too long.

Dark_Shades
08-16-2003, 07:18 PM
..... pork pie short of a picnic..... the lights are on but no ones home..... is away with the fairies

Mo...... that sounds good...... Son had that on DVD last night.... unfortunately didnt play too well...... but I got glimpses..... looked right tasty lol :evil:

bnoonan
08-16-2003, 07:49 PM
I didn't know it was out on DVD yet? Hmmm.. I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny Depp in that I have to say. David and I talked about going to see Sea Biscuit.

A few cards short of a deck. One oar in the water....

I'm on a roll.... Barb:D

christmascarolnz
08-16-2003, 08:06 PM
the lights are on but no body's home...I like to quote Pink Floyd's
"Hello is there anybody in there - just nod if you can hear me - is there anyone at home?"
So that's what you do - if you don't like a part of you op painting you just "scrape it back"??? hmm - big learning curve for me.

Carol

Dyin
08-16-2003, 08:11 PM
oh yeah...and you can also take some turp if you have a non-water soluable surface and get ALL traces of pigment off...have you gone and read the sticky on oil pastels? It's long but there's tons of good stuff in there...you can use color shapers, brushes, scratch back...etc!

christmascarolnz
08-16-2003, 10:10 PM
I have used a brush and even added a bit of white spirit - I used it to try to get a finer line around the eyes.
Read the manual/sticky?? You've gotta be kidding! This is Carol who does everything round the wrong way! I muddle around like a fish out of water, find my 'fins' then go back and learn to swim by the book.:D Same way I speak - I start in the middle of a thought and then work my way back to the start!!! I think Tim, after 18 years, has finally learned how to decipher what I'm on about most of the time. I will go back over the sticky though and see what I missed.
Hey Barb - c'mon back 'downunder' and stay with us - bring the rest of the bunch with you. Did you come thru Cambridge?

Carol

nougat
08-17-2003, 01:23 AM
One wave short of a shipwreck .........I'm really out to sea, my kettle is boiling over, I think I'm a banana tree!!! (Queen - right Mo??)

So sorry about your Lizzie Carol - Bu I just had to smile, imagining Geoffry and Sir Walter!! Perhaps they'll console each other?

Barb I don't sing in the shower - no time - I just ummm wash and go!!! I sing whilst I'm doing mind-boggling boring chores!!! I shut all the doors and windows (don't want to scare the neighbors) put on my Queen cds and duet with Freddie Mercury!!:D

nadine

angeline
08-17-2003, 02:42 AM
How about the cheese is slipping of the cracker!
Sorry to hear about your goose Carole.
Oh and ............you did ask for it!
here is me........on my way home this morning .........the new hair cut..........obviously not at it's best after 11 hours at work!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2003/19726-me.jpg

Dark_Shades
08-17-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by bnoonan
I didn't know it was out on DVD yet?

....... erm :eek: ........ erm ....:evil:

ohhhhhh ya hair is lovely Hayley

christmascarolnz
08-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Gosh Hayley what blond hair! I wish I could look that awake after 11 hours of work.
Carol

nougat
08-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Lovely hair Hayley!!!

nadine